• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming October 2016 | When Ember leaves start to fall

Matt Frost

Shadow Bug is free for the first time. Great, unique combat-based platformer with a lovely art style.

Completed it. Loved every second. Amazing game. People should pay for it. Developers need to eat as well... they arent machines IMO.

Arroyo

Neo Member
Sorry, I'm late because I'm totally in love with SteamWorld Heist and I haven't had much spare time :_)

First of all, thank you More_Badass for crafting these awesome threads. Terrific work!

I'm pretty far in the SteamWorld Heist campaign, playing on expert: this game continues to amaze me...some levels are really nasty and the mechanics are way deeper than I thought.
A ton of different characters too.
Quest progression and map reminds me a lot the original PuzzleQuest.

What an awesome game, I really recommend it when it will be out.

Also, headshotting an enemy with a sniper after two bounces on the walls never gets old.
Awesome, straight on my top games of the year list...and surprisingly so because I never heard about the game before.....I'm so happy when these kind of things happen :)

My only 'regret' is the timing....I also have Banner Saga 2 and I'm dying to buy Invisible Inc.

I absolutely agree with you. Some levels are hard and you really need to think twice your next move. I'm at third "world" and its new enemies, weapons, special abilities, etc. are amazing. I thought it would be "the same thing over and over" but it isn't at all. Also, the ricochet shoots never get old: I'm always seeking the way to kill two or three enemies with one bullet :_)

The story is great, too. I don't intend to spoil anyone so I'll keep my mouth shut but I encourage everybody to play this game once it's come out.

I'm really looking forward to beat it because I'm not playing other games now. I really want to finish Sorcery! 2 but these little steambots have absorbed me <3

Voidance

With all the great impressions of SteamWorld, I am very disappointed I didn't merit a beta invitation. No matter, since I'll buy it day one anyway.

PittaGAF

Sorry, I'm late because I'm totally in love with SteamWorld Heist and I haven't had much spare time :_)

First of all, thank you More_Badass for crafting these awesome threads. Terrific work!

I absolutely agree with you. Some levels are hard and you really need to think twice your next move. I'm at third "world" and its new enemies, weapons, special abilities, etc. are amazing. I thought it would be "the same thing over and over" but it isn't at all. Also, the ricochet shoots never get old: I'm always seeking the way to kill two or three enemies with one bullet :_)

The story is great, too. I don't intend to spoil anyone so I'll keep my mouth shut but I encourage everybody to play this game once it's come out.

I'm really looking forward to beat it because I'm not playing other games now. I really want to finish Sorcery! 2 but these little steambots have absorbed me <3

I've put on hold everything else too (including Sorcery! and two of my top wanted games , Banner Saga 2 and Invisible Inc.)...and not only because it's a beta and they need fast all the possibile help.
It's THAT GOOD.

And I would like to add that I've never been into steambots and such....but the story is so good, with those nice individual story bits too that I grew attached to them a lot.
It's painful when they shatter all over the place dying.

A special mention to the dubbing and the musics, especially the ones in the bars with vocals and all the rest.

And if it seems easy at first (I'm playing on expert as per dev suggestion) things get really nasty further on...and you really have to weight all your options before moving.
It's incredibly tense.

PittaGAF

With all the great impressions of SteamWorld, I am very disappointed I didn't merit a beta invitation. No matter, since I'll buy it day one anyway.

Judging by the level of polish of what I'm playing, I'm pretty sure it's not that far off.

Actually it's probably one of the most polished, if not THE most polished games I played in the last year for sure.
I'm playing on iPhone 6S, and it's damn perfect.

Voidance

Judging by the level of polish of what I'm playing, I'm pretty sure it's not that far off.

Actually it's probably one of the most polished, if not THE most polished games I played in the last year for sure.
I'm playing on iPhone 6S, and it's damn perfect.
Great! I would probably do most of my playing on a iPhone 7, so it's great to hear it scales well.

Just checked for updates on Ironhide studio's (Kingdom Rush developers) next game Iron Marines, but apparently it won't be out until 2017 (maybe a beta before then). :(

Very disappointing, especially since it was originally suppose to be out earlier this year.

At least Dungeon Warfare is a great tower defense game that will keep me busy for a while.

awp69

Is there a release date for Steamworld Heist? I could get it on my PS4 but seems like a good fit for mobile and am anxious to check it out.

PittaGAF

Is there a release date for Steamworld Heist? I could get it on my PS4 but seems like a good fit for mobile and am anxious to check it out.

I suppose it's not far off, but as far as I know no date was provided yet.
I asked the devs and they were fine with speaking publicly about the game.
To be honest it's dead perfect on a touch device, given the choice I would never play it on a regular console/TV but maybe it's just me.
Seems native but with the polish of the typical AAA game on major consoles.

Also, unrelated, 2D rocks :)

awp69

To be honest it's dead perfect on a touch device, given the choice I would never play it on a regular console/TV but maybe it's just me.

Looking forward to it. Found the application to help beta test but it says testing was supposed to end 10/9. So hope that means the release isn't far off.

pdk27

I have it on my 3DS, I need to get around to completing it but I've enjoyed what I've played of it so far.

Anyone here also play on Steam and hasn't played Ori and The Blind Forest yet? Got a 75% off coupon for the Definitive Edition in my inventory if you're interested

I've put on hold everything else too (including Sorcery! and two of my top wanted games , Banner Saga 2 and Invisible Inc.)...and not only because it's a beta and they need fast all the possibile help.
It's THAT GOOD.

And I would like to add that I've never been into steambots and such....but the story is so good, with those nice individual story bits too that I grew attached to them a lot.

A special mention to the dubbing and the musics, especially the ones in the bars with vocals and all the rest.

And if it seems easy at first (I'm playing on expert as per dev suggestion) things get really nasty further on...and you really have to weight all your options before moving.
It's incredibly tense.
I already put 7 hours into the game. It's so so good. Arming a kill shot-capable fighter with a flintlock to get four shots in a single turn is so satisfying. As is getting a sniper and landing super ricocheting shots from across the level.

Dreavus

Anyone here also play on Steam and hasn't played Ori and The Blind Forest yet? Got a 75% off coupon for the Definitive Edition in my inventory if you're interested

I already put 7 hours into the game. It's so so good. Arming a kill shot-capable fighter with a flintlock to get four shots in a single turn is so satisfying. As is getting a sniper and landing super ricocheting shots from across the level.

Nice! I'm interested, never got around to Ori.

Matt Frost

Too late, damn

Apollo justice: ace attorney is releasing on iOS in winter. This means we will now have ace attorney 12345 on iOS. Hope they port investigations. I own this stuff on ds physically but prefer playing em on iOS.

If you're still into This War of Mine, the Little Ones expansion was added to the iOS version (for purchase)

Because the game wasn't bleak and heart wrenching enough without kids to worry about

Xenoflare

If you're still into This War of Mine, the Little Ones expansion was added to the iOS version (for purchase)

Because the game wasn't bleak and heart wrenching enough without kids to worry about

This game is something when it comes to the atmosphere. Have it on PC and Xbox already and I don't have an iPad yet so I think I'm gonna pass, but for anyone who never tried it please give it a go if you like a survival game.

Edit: APOLLO JUSTICE ON IOS? And not on 3DS?Damn, will get that one then. Since that's the last one I need to finish before I dive into the DD and SoJ

Arroyo

Neo Member
It's THAT GOOD.

It's incredibly tense.

Eeeeeexactly. I'm playing it on expert too and my game is ~12 hours long so far. I'm playing that much not only to give feedback despite the beta period ended a couple of days ago. I'm playing it everyday because as you wisely said: it is THAT GOOD. Damn, I even put Ember aside to play with the steambots.

This War of Mine is one of those games I didn't play on PC and waited for its release on iOS. It's a pretty good game and I've put many hours on it. I'm definitely looking forward the expansion (which I thought it would be a PC exclusive)

Wimps

Just checked for updates on Ironhide studio's (Kingdom Rush developers) next game Iron Marines, but apparently it won't be out until 2017 (maybe a beta before then). :(

Very disappointing, especially since it was originally suppose to be out earlier this year.

At least Dungeon Warfare is a great tower defense game that will keep me busy for a while.

Loved all the Kingdom Rush games! Keep coming back to them once in a while. Gonna check out Dungeon Warfare now :)

Matt Frost

I sent you a Steam friend invite. I can send you my coupon.

Wow thank you!

Edit: Added you to Steam

Something happened... I logged intio my account, try to use your coupon and then it told me that I was attempting from a new IP (switched to fibre) and I cant accept exchanges for 7 days. Damn. Can youwait until next week, please?

Was waiting for this :D

Is...is it happening?

Cuiw8XwWEAQ5zra.jpg

awp69

Is...is it happening?

Cuiw8XwWEAQ5zra.jpg

If that's the Binding of Issac, I never thought the reason it didn't happen wasn't that it didn't run on iOS. It was that Apple rejected it based on the content.

I really hope if the game does come out that it isn't some watered down version with changes just to appease Apple.

It would be kind of mean to tease playing BoI on an iPhone, if they didn't have more news to share. Especially after last time.

So I guess the post should have been "Is...it it happening (again)?"

awp69

I still don't understand how BOI Afterbirth would now pass Apple approval now when it didn't the first time (might not have been the "Afterbirth" version but same reject reasons would apply).

Unless Apple changed their minds or the game was modified just for iOS.

killercow

It would be kind of mean to tease playing BoI on an iPhone, if they didn't have more news to share. Especially after last time.

So I guess the post should have been "Is...it it happening (again)?"

Knowing them it could also be just a joke or a way to piss off fans. Wouldn't be the first time :)

awp69

Knowing them it could also be just a joke or a way to piss off fans. Wouldn't be the first time :)

I did notice the Tweet that had that photo said it was fun playing Isaac on a Gameboy Micro (which clearly it is not) so does seem like a possible joke. But then other posts say something about having news he can't yet announce. Who knows.

Garou

So are there any compiled lists for this "Indie Gems"-sale? Can't find anything, who does a sale without any promotion??

VoxPop

Has anyone tried Lumines? How are the controls and is it a straight port of the PSP version? Any similar games?

Jarsonot

Huh, reading the description in the App Store, it doesn't seem like the game has multiplayer.

Maybe it's just so obvious they feel they don't have to mention it. But is it local, wifi, realtime, chat...

I'll check it out, it's free, but seems odd not to list.

Edit: I had the wrong idea. I like the game a lot, but didn't realize it was a single-player game, like a puzzle game. I wonder how trivial it would be to enable multiplayer... you can play chess in stickers now, right? =)

Top Bottom