• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming October 2016 | When Ember leaves start to fall

So you've played Feral Fury? To me it looked more like Enter the Gungeon (which I love) than Binding of Issac. That said, the video I saw of the gameplay looked oddly slower paced. I like ETG because it has that bullet hell element to it. Wasn't sold on how Feral Fury compared to either of those two.
I found it kind of dull. Controls are good enough, and the levels and graphics are pretty atmospheric, but the combat was pretty plodding. It never had either the variety of Isaac or the fast-paced thrill of Gungeon. For a game of its kind on mobile, it's good enough but if you've played the others, it doesn't come close

am_dragon

Nevermind beaten. B.H. Monday made me redownload all the old Cave Shumps I own. I missed playing these, but really enjoying Bullet Hell Monday as well.

Not really feeling Treasure Buster. It's fun, and easy and satisfying to play, but it feels mindless. Doesnt have that hook that Slayin had IMO

PittaGAF

Another incredible port: Invisible, Inc.:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/invisible-inc./id1147331964?mt=8

Award Winning Stealth game by Klei (Don't Starve), now out on iPad for almost nothing (€4.99)

!!!!!!!!!!

Faints.

I didn't even know they were working on it, I asked them a lot of times!!!!

How the hell am I supposed to play all these awesome games all together????

I have Banner Saga 2, SteamWorld Heist, still playing daily Solitairica and ENYO, Sentinels and Pathfinder, Clash Royale and Heartstone, didn't even glanced at Guild of Dungeoneering and other recent games.....

DAMN!!!!

awp69

Seeing how long it took for Don't Starve, if it comes, it'll take a while.

Yeah, probably right. My mini 2's touch screen has not been as responsive as I'd like lately. That's the main reason I ask. But it should be fine for a turn-based game like this.

colinp

Banned
Finally got to try out some BH Monday... it's awesome! I really love the short levels, too. Thanks for the recommendation.

Wonder if Invisible Inc will ever come to phones.

With Treasure Buster finally out, I gave it a shot.

It definitely plays like Monster Strike with Rougelike/RPG elements added to the mix.

Replay value may vary, but Endless Mode helps with this. There is also Arcade Mode with each of the game's six characters having their own set of stats (which you can increase after the end of each of the four out of stages), special abilities from the game's "Aura Meter", and their own endings. It may be repetitive in the long run, however.

I guess only real gripe is, while the game relies on skill and luck, you may eventually have to rely more on luck as the final two stages are occasionally, if not often, loaded with traps hazards that can possibly do more damage to you than the enemies themselves if you're not careful.

A fun game in its own right. Though, if nothing else, you should definitely get it for the kick-ass Sega Genesis-style soundtrack.

awp69

Not really feeling Treasure Buster. It's fun, and easy and satisfying to play, but it feels mindless. Doesnt have that hook that Slayin had IMO

Haven't played but reminds me a little of Dungeon X Balls, which is also fairly mindless but may have more depth than this. Difference being shooting a ton of balls with various colors that do different things vs. just the one "pinball".

colinp

Banned
With Treasure Buster finally out, I gave it a shot.

It definitely plays like Monster Strike with Rougelike/RPG elements added to the mix.

Replay value may vary, but Endless Mode helps with this. There is also Arcade Mode with each of the game's six characters having their own set of stats (which you can increase after the end of each of the four out of stages), special abilities from the game's "Aura Meter", and their own endings. It may be repetitive in the long run, however.

I guess only real gripe is, while the game relies on skill and luck, you may eventually have to rely more on luck as the final two stages is occasionally, if not often, loaded with traps hazards that can possibly do more damage to you than the enemies themselves if you're not careful. There is, of course, a parry mechanic that blocks attacks if you tap the screen right as they come at you, so that can help. But it's never explained.

A fun game in its own right. Though, if nothing else, you should definitely get it for the kick-ass Sega Genesis-style soundtrack.

Thanks for the deeper impressions. It does sound interesting and at just a buck I think I will pick it up in a day or two. Definitely digging the soundtrack based on the website and trailer.

protonium

Elder Scrolls: Legends (CCG) just soft launched in Canada for the iPad. I played it on PC and it was highly polished and fun to play.

As expected, Invisible Inc controls wonderfully on touch. And fine on iPad Mini 2

I'm sorry for doubting you, October. First week and we already received Invisible Inc, Jade Empire, That Dragon Cancer, and Bullet Hell Monday

heringer

I'm having trouble with touch controls in Jade Empire (iPhone 6). Inside combat movement and swipes don't register most of the time.

Spingun is coming out tomorrow
http://www.fermentergames.com/spingun/
Next game from the dev of boss rush gem David

RustyO

How is TIS-100 (Desktop) vs TIS-100P (iOS) ?

Any major differences content wise? How is control/input on iOS?

Inspired by SHENZHEN I/O, thinking about grabbing it... but desktop or iOS... hmm...

How is TIS-100 (Desktop) vs TIS-100P (iOS) ?

Any major differences content wise? How is control/input on iOS?

Inspired by SHENZHEN I/O, thinking about grabbing it... but desktop or iOS... hmm...
Desktop all the way. The game is basically constant typing.

Have you played SpaceChem or Infinifactory? If you're getting into Zachtronics games, I'd start with one of those, probably Infinifactory

I'm finally getting my new phone tomorrow, upgrading from a 5S to a 7 Plus. Any cool games that take advantage of the power and/or larger screen?

Bigfoot

Any Super Stickmen Golf 3 players here? I see they added a new code sharing thingy for premium card packs. My code is HW5DN if anyone wants to use it. Post your code here or PM me and I'll enter yours. You get packs for entering codes and also if 7 people use your code.

HorseMmeat

Neo Member
Any Super Stickmen Golf 3 players here? I see they added a new code sharing thingy for premium card packs. My code is HW5DN if anyone wants to use it. Post your code here or PM me and I'll enter yours. You get packs for entering codes and also if 7 people use your code.

Having a blast playing Super Stickman with my son - I have entered in your code! Mine is LW587

Bigfoot

Having a blast playing Super Stickman with my son - I have entered in your code! Mine is LW587
Entered it. Thanks. Won't be long until I have everything unlocked now.

Edit: Looking at it again, it seems you only get rewards for entering a code the first time. That's too bad.

awp69

Nobody else playing Jade Empire?

I played it on Xbox and, honestly, never finished it. Not that it's a bad game but just never grabbed me for some reason.

But that was a long time ago, so I might pick it up on iOS at some point to give it another shot. Just have plenty of other games (mobile and console) keeping me busy.

Simogo's working on something
http://simogo.com/2016/10/07/projectnightroad/
If adjectives like “thinky”, “slow” or “creepy”, were words we associated with DEVICE 6 and Year Walk, words for Project Night Road would be “fast”, “fun”, “cool” and “spectacular”. While those words might seem like common adjectives for many games today, we’re really aiming to be as literal and extreme with them as we can: one of our main visions with this game is that it should be as enjoyable to watch, as it should be playing it.
Some things this game has: A bunch of characters. Motorcycles. Dancing. Masks. Weird powers. A mysterious thrift store existing only in a girl’s dream. And a really really cool soundtrack.

Top Bottom