• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming October 2016 | When Ember leaves start to fall

awp69

Played through it on the original Xbox. My lasting memory from it was clunky combat and being disappointed it being Bioware's follow-up to KOTOR.

Pretty much my feelings on it at the time as well, which is why I think the hype for the iOS release was a little much. Again, a good but not great game.

Still think I'd like to revisit it at some point.

colinp

Banned
Pretty much my feelings on it at the time as well, which is why I think the hype for the iOS release was a little much. Again, a good but not great game.

Still think I'd like to revisit it at some point.

Same, though every time I think about revisiting it I just think 'ehhhhhh, I'd rather play something else.'

Played through it on the original Xbox. My lasting memory from it was clunky combat and being disappointed it being Bioware's follow-up to KOTOR.
Had never played it before, but yeah...I'm feeling the same.

Invisible Inc is a massively better port and must-have in everyone's iOS library

colinp

Banned
Nope, even you don't have an iPad, you should get it anyway so you'll have it when you get an iPad

(But mainly to show Klei that yes, we want your games on iOS)

(Mark of the Ninja. Klei, pls)

Hah, you so crazy MB.

(MotN would be pretty slick on iOS though)

awp69

Seriously. I would LOVE Mark of the Ninja on iOS. Klei of needs to get that done ASAP.

I got Invisible, Inc. Hoping to really dive into it this weekend.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Decided to try Impossible Road since it's free. Glad it's free because 10 minutes of playing and it got deleted off my phone.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Decided to try Impossible Road since it's free. Glad it's free because 10 minutes of playing and it got deleted off my phone.
Wow....that's a great game. I assume you didn't like the difficulty? I really enjoyed it, especially with a controller.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I gather that you didn't figure out how you're really supposed to play?

How are you really supposed to play?

My issue was that the controls felt heavy. It wasn't a difficulty thing because I absolutely adore Super Hexagon and almost beat every stage of that. Something about this just felt, I don't know, off.

My issue was that the controls felt heavy. It wasn't a difficulty thing because I absolutely adore Super Hexagon and almost beat every stage of that. Something about this just felt, I don't know, off.
You're supposed to dive off the track and land on lower parts of the path, not stick to the path
518jbIi.gif
FdPpmgG.gif

PittaGAF

I'm pretty far in the SteamWorld Heist campaign, playing on expert: this game continues to amaze me...some levels are really nasty and the mechanics are way deeper than I thought.
A ton of different characters too.
Quest progression and map reminds me a lot the original PuzzleQuest.

What an awesome game, I really recommend it when it will be out.

Also, headshotting an enemy with a sniper after two bounces on the walls never gets old.
Awesome, straight on my top games of the year list...and surprisingly so because I never heard about the game before.....I'm so happy when these kind of things happen :)

My only 'regret' is the timing....I also have Banner Saga 2 and I'm dying to buy Invisible Inc.

I'm pretty far in the SteamWorld Heist campaign, playing on expert: this game continues to amaze me...some levels are really nasty and the mechanics are way deeper than I thought.

I discovered about status/location damage by accident. Game does have a nice amount of depth

Ricocheting headshots never get old

awp69

Surprised no one really is talking about Dan the Man. Suppose the big releases like Invisible, Inc. and Jade Empire overshadowed it but it's a pretty fun run and gun from Halfbrick.

PittaGAF

Surprised no one really is talking about Dan the Man. Suppose the big releases like Invisible, Inc. and Jade Empire overshadowed it but it's a pretty fun run and gun from Halfbrick.

I wrote something some posts ago, I'm playing it too (sigh, too many games...but perfect when I want some action).
I'm loving it, great platformer/brawler, usual Halfbrick polish.

Haven't even started Invisible Inc. yet, still need to try Spingun, and apparently Dan the Man ain't half bad as well. Gah, why you do this to me iOS?

I got Reins and it seems cool, but is there any way to know how decisions will affect things? It's not clear to me whether the bars represent the strength of the different factions or their opinion of me. I guess it's both and just depends on the specific scenario? I'm running into a lot of situations where a decision has the opposite effect than I expect.

Edit: I picked up Severed too and damn does it look awesome on a 7+. Really glad I went with the bigger size, it's great playing games on the larger screen.

Heel

Yeah, felt the same way. Turning off 3D Touch in the settings helped if you have that, but it still took some time to get used to the controls. It's pretty good once you get the hang of it.

Could barely get around the first corner at first, but after some practice I've got a high of 66.

Mondrian

All of the grand theft auto games are on sale. Any suggestions? I played gta 3 and vice city day one back in the ps2 days.

Matt Frost

The Bug Butcher and Egzzzzz con the 20th BUT the sequel to one of the best iOS games is soft launching on the 13th!!!! Eeeeekk!!!! Tentacles!!!! Yay :D *GLORIOUS*

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Don't hear iOS board games talked about much here, but I just picked up Twilight Struggle for iPad. Man, that game,and its implementation on iPad, is fantastic! If you are interested in checking out one of the highest rated boardgames of all time, this is a great way to do it. Very polished (as always by Playdek).

awp69

The Bug Butcher and Egzzzzz con the 20th BUT the sequel to one of the best iOS games is soft launching on the 13th!!!! Eeeeekk!!!! Tentacles!!!! Yay :D *GLORIOUS*

Yep. Looking forward to Tentacles: Enter the Mind. Took long enough. Came out two years ago on Windows phones.

Matt Frost

Tried Dan the Man but found it pretty generic. Has tons of polish but overall doesnt feel fresh or new. Felt like I played this game before

Yep. Looking forward to Tentacles: Enter the Mind. Took long enough. Came out two years ago on Windows phones.

Yeah I tried it on a friends phone and loved it, now its my time to play it!!! *GLORIOUS*

awp69

Wooooo! Just finished the Ire campaign on normal. An A category Dual Poison I had made it almost too easy. I did die a bunch of times but never felt completely overwhelmed. Awesome stuff.

Will be interesting to see how much the difficulty picks up in a NG+.

killercow

Also, headshotting an enemy with a sniper after two bounces on the walls never gets old.
Awesome, straight on my top games of the year list...and surprisingly so because I never heard about the game before.....I'm so happy when these kind of things happen :)

My only 'regret' is the timing....I also have Banner Saga 2 and I'm dying to buy Invisible Inc.

Just finished the game and four stars from hitting 100%, it's been an absolute blast. I haven't played through a game so fast in ages and I've been thoroughly enjoying it. Can't recommend it enough.

Matt Frost

SteamWorld Dig was a fantastic game that I loved a lot, same as Mines of Mars. Heist should be as good. Looking forward to that

Matt Frost

Going to download Treasure Buster, the icon looks too good to pass... lets see if I still have the same taste in games as M_B

heringer

Loving Jade Empire again. I already finished it back in the day, but I didn't remember much of the story so it almost feels like a new game to me. There's nothing else quite like it in terms of story and themes.

awp69

At this rate, the Lifeline series is the Five Nights At Freddie's of iOS

Kind of getting ridiculous. The first one was okay but seems like it's gone downhill from there. But they sell so....

Never really got the fascination with FNAF either. Played the first one and just didn't see the appeal. Neither scary or fun IMO.

Xenoflare

At this rate, the Lifeline series is the Five Nights At Freddie's of iOS

Kind of getting ridiculous. The first one was okay but seems like it's gone downhill from there. But they sell so....

Never really got the fascination with FNAF either. Played the first one and just didn't see the appeal. Neither scary or fun IMO.

Hey I will loudly proclaim my love for the series as long as people doing the otherwise :p and I will buy them as long as they make them.

The latest entry really is the high point for me, however I do hope that they don't drag on the stories for too long. Hell Whiteout even introduced a completely new setting apart from the greens.

Dreavus

BH Monday is awesome! What are the IAP aside from the other ship types?

So far the ad stuff is totally manageable and you can completely skip them if you don't mind a little less AP. Compared to the free version of something like leap day it's super unobtrusive. Really happy with that.

At the end of chapter two! I might have a new favourite genre to get into more seriously.

BH Monday is awesome! What are the IAP aside from the other ship types?

So far the ad stuff is totally manageable and you can completely skip them if you don't mind a little less AP. Compared to the free version of something like leap day it's super unobtrusive. Really happy with that.

At the end of chapter two! I might have a new favourite genre to get into more seriously.
Only ship types (homing and shielding, then search and lock-on)

Well, I think. More stuff could be revealed later

Top Bottom