• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Milly79

You know, I thought Genji was a dumb trend, but then I got to play him. I felt the jump, I felt the dash, I felt the rush of a good weebsword. It changed me, I played him ironically, but I was wrong. Its amazing, I'm smarter, better decisionmaking, more kills, all simple. Outsiders dont get it, they dont get us. I'm not saying were better but were carrying the team more and definitely smarter. I love this community, and I love its way of I need healing

Milly79

All you punks making fun of Zuna don't have a clue. Zuna invented this scene. He started the first hots team back in the days when it was a warcract 2 mod. Zuna can run as fast as a horse and climb trees like a jaguar. You all are nothing.

Fancolors

I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't monetized songs yet. They could probably put lobby music on lootboxes and make a fortune out of it.

Mind you, I would rather be able to select them for free.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as much as I dont want to play on weekends, gonna have to clear some of these quests before I cant get any more. I got diablo and assassin so thats a easy 3 games with valla (or malth) I guess

as much as I dont want to play on weekends, gonna have to clear some of these quests before I cant get any more. I got diablo and assassin so thats a easy 3 games with valla (or malth) I guess

I'm telling you man, go do Unranked. You even get credit towards quests regardless of who you play and it is 18 million times better than QM. You might lose because you get outplayed, but I haven't lost because people are just being idiots.

Kioshen

You know, I thought Genji was a dumb trend, but then I got to play him. I felt the jump, I felt the dash, I felt the rush of a good weebsword. It changed me, I played him ironically, but I was wrong. Its amazing, I'm smarter, better decisionmaking, more kills, all simple. Outsiders dont get it, they dont get us. I'm not saying were better but were carrying the team more and definitely smarter. I love this community, and I love its way of I need healing

All you punks making fun of Zuna don't have a clue. Zuna invented this scene. He started the first hots team back in the days when it was a warcract 2 mod. Zuna can run as fast as a horse and climb trees like a jaguar. You all are nothing.

Milly go home you're drunk.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm telling you man, go do Unranked. You even get credit towards quests regardless of who you play and it is 18 million times better than QM. You might lose because you get outplayed, but I haven't lost because people are just being idiots.

I've done unranked. It was the same shit as QM except people were more obnoxious.

Then you haven't settled into your MMR range for Unranked just yet. You're also fighting better compositions in unranked which mostly equals that out with QM.

It's more likely that I haven't settled into my QM mmr since a higher amount of variance will take many many many more games than one with less variance. And the variance between compositions is huge in QM. The implication you're making is way off base imo.

Dahbomb

Genji da gawd.

RYUJIN NO KAIOKEN!!!!!!!

scoobs

I like the new Malfurion better than the old one? Didn't see that one coming. The root build is just hilarious, the little treant that could!

I like the new Malfurion better than the old one? Didn't see that one coming. The root build is just hilarious, the little treant that could!

You know what, I agree. He is a lot easier to play now because you don't have to keep track of enemy cc and triage accordingly. It's simpler, but I never found cleanse-play particularly fun anyway.

Dignitas really drew the short end of the stick with a top 3 team on the first weekend and only a single week of prep time for a new patch. Pretty bad planning by Blizzard, Fnatic played a crucible team compared.

Dignitas is getting rolled.

Edit: NVM apparently it's the same patch.

scoobs

New roster, new problems. I don't understand why you make a roster change when you're doing so well... but thats NA for ya

It's just stupid to have the top 2 of the previous phase compete with a top 4 team on the first weekend.

It's even worse for R20 who had a roster change but were playing with the old roster until last week.

Milly79

I admittedly didn't watch games 3 and 4, but games 1 and 2 R20 was dominating and Goku looked amazing. They threw hard to lose game 2.

New roster, new problems. I don't understand why you make a roster change when you're doing so well... but thats NA for ya

GFE also had made roster swaps, more drastic ones at that. Not only that, Goku seemed to be playing well overall.

Roll20 should have had that but they played their stuff too quickly and greedy

agreed, but this happened in all the regions. Didn't fanatic play the new team while dig and Lewis faced off? Clearly they had something in mind but I couldn't tell you what it is
It also happened in EU but not in Korea. Neither L5 nor MVP Black played yet.

Yeah I complained about it w/ EU already with Dig facing Liquid while Fnatic got to play Zealots. Though with no roster changes and not on a new patch, fatigue is really the only excuse Dig have.

Alur

Pretty much every major sport I know of other than American football (and even those at times with the weird Thursday night/Monday night games interfering occasionally) plays on short rest/very little practice regularly. It sucks, but I don't see why we should hold esports players to any different standard.

Been meaning to post that since I heard the THH and Zoia was going off about how there's so little downtime in the next midseason event compared to last time. His argument was they need it to unwind for a week or whatever. My argument is their living is based solely on this game and any other sport plays pretty much continuous throughout it's season. Even the star players in several North American sports typically get no rest period because they have All-Star obligations during the mandated rest period. It only helps the scene for the games to be a continuous thing without huge breaks in between each split or clash or brawl. We've seen what things are like for HOTS with huge swathes of downtime. It sucks.

Playing weekly - even if they have to travel - doesn't seem like a lot to expect IMO until the two seasons are concluded with minimal downtime.

brian!

Dunno if esports is equipped structurally to allow for players to play nonstop without them breaking down

Also jeez stitches scales hard

Pretty much every major sport I know of other than American football (and even those at times with the weird Thursday night/Monday night games interfering occasionally) plays on short rest/very little practice regularly. It sucks, but I don't see why we should hold esports players to any different standard.
Difficult to compare since most sports hold these types of tournaments over weeks, while this one wrapped up within less than 2.

You're just not getting quality games the way Blizzard set it up this time. GFE was similarly hamstrung with Fan being in Europe for the last 2 weeks.
I mean they can have a regular 9-5/40 hr a week job if they want and then complain they only get 2 days off a week.
They aren't being paid for scrimming and pay is minimum wage.

brian!

A big thing is sports actually being good for your body and spamming video games being completely awful for your body. In league for some teams they have in-house mental health/lifestyle coach shit but i dont think so for heroes beyond maybe back when korea actually sponsored teams. Dece amount of teams where going to the gym is a prerequisite too

Top Bottom