• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

B.K.

DirecTV is going to be dropping all of Viacom's channels tonight. I wonder if they'll be back next week in time for Stewart and Colbert's return.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Opening segment was amazing. Stewart really laid it on Romney and it was beautiful (you could tell he was really impassioned by the end).

Louis was brilliant.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrcOge6pMhg

I had never seen this before. Has this been discussed? I'm glad Jon did this. Seth, in any interview where he discusses politics or philosophy of any kind, has always come across to me as being very limited. He personifies the average American voter who only has a shallow understanding of anything. He seems like a guy who watches thirty minutes to an hour of MSNBC a night, and bases all of his beliefs on that. While this is a different topic, I was glad that he was humbled a bit by Jon.

Rlan

And it looks like the segment had some sort of effect - TDS and TCR have full episodes back on their sites.

Now to allow people outside of America to watch The Daily Show on the website like before, and allow this shit on Youtube.

Herman Caine should have been President. This stupid country.

JS-ED-209.jpg

Clydefrog

Love Shep Smith. Only makes me want to watch him more. I was literally falling off my couch laughing.

oh shit, what did shep smith do now? he's the only reason i ever watched fox news.

i would actually come home for lunch occasionally and watch his news show.

BEAR ALERT

Oozer3993

"Come on NBC. We all know you can't tailor anything for an American audience."

"I'm going to redistribute this sandwich."

Great first two segments.

sruckus

Just watched last nights. WTF at Stewart trying to tie boycotting Chik-Fil-A and using Apple products. It's the same stupid argument I've seen in the Chik-Fil-A thread here and my liberal friend even yelled at me when I called it a false equivalency.

Sorry, but actively campaigning against people and a human right is worth getting angry over.

Just watched last nights. WTF at Stewart trying to tie boycotting Chik-Fil-A and using Apple products. It's the same stupid argument I've seen in the Chik-Fil-A thread here and my liberal friend even yelled at me when I called it a false equivalency.

Sorry, but actively campaigning against people and a human right is worth getting angry over.
It was a joke though, and it was kinda true. People claim to be for certain issues but look away when their favorite companies or people on their "team" violate said rule.

Apple does use cheap labor like many corporations do. I do not think he was trying to diminish the protest against Chik-Fil-A just kind of mock people for ignoring other company's and their human rights violation.

That said I feel you are fine gettng angry over it if you feel it diminishes the cause you are working for as it is a noble one (but that is just my dumb opinion)

Watching Colbert's Better Know a District, I have to wonder how these reps get elected with absolutely no charisma. If politics is a popularity contest, how do we keep getting these wooden plainos that can't crack a joke without a prepared speech?

Also, I really don't care about DQ or any of these other commercials. They're really grating and repetitive.

The segment about the Abortion Platform with Samantha Bee was probably one of their best bits ever. They will probably get some awards out of that. It just blew the lid of the bullshit and hypocrisy the Republican party has when it comes to abortion and contraception v. personal freedom.

zomaha

The segment about the Abortion Platform with Samantha Bee was probably one of their best bits ever. They will probably get some awards out of that. It just blew the lid of the bullshit and hypocrisy the Republican party has when it comes to abortion and contraception v. personal freedom.

I was laughing but wanted to cry.

Hazmat

Samantha Bee's segment tonight was incredible. She's always great, but goddamn did she knock it out of the park tonight.

Pecan1

Banned
I got a bit "You did build it" ad at the bottom.

That Sam B bit was the best correspondent bit in a while, i think.
His monologue on ___ did build it was good to. I cant believe that's gotten so much traction. Need more constant replays of Mitt saying the same stuff about olympians or whatever.

What I came in here to ask was do the online bits always take a while. I just needed more Herman and it wasnt up right after the show. Assumed it would be

Top Bottom