• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

I've made it to ECW One Night Stand 2006. I watched it for whatever reason a year or two ago, but I think I'll watch it again.

Edit: oh wait, '05 was the one with that rad Tanaka/Awesome match. Maybe I'll skip a lot of this one then. Probably watch the main event, though. That was fun, I know.

The ONS 06 TLf is pretty good

I dunno, I think they'd be in a lot of trouble if they lost either - they'd certainly have to scramble to get Tanahashi or Shibata into the main event picture, because that's just the way it works now. They need two top guys. Also, while Naito selling out Osaka's a big feather in his cap (especially as I don't think Elgin's in any way a draw yet), I'd also say that failing to sell out Sapporo's more on a lack of great interest in Suzuki-gun and a far weaker card than Naito had to draw with.

I don't follow things as intently as you do, but just based on shirts and crowd I'd say they're pretty equal. I think it's fair to say NJPW has 3 main draws in Okada, Omega and Naito and losing any one of them would probably be a decent blow.

Lothar

Banned
I remember how annoyed and tired we were of Cena being at the top by ONS 2006. Cena was getting booed in every big match. We thought WWE had to see reason and understand that it wasn't working out and turn him heel. They just had to. That wasn't last year. That was 11 years ago.

I remember how annoyed and tired we were of Cena being at the top by ONS 2006. Cena was getting booed in every big match. We thought WWE had to see reason and understand that it wasn't working out and turn him heel. They just had to. That wasn't last year. That was 11 years ago.

The moaning on the internet about Roman in 2028 is going to be brutal.

Samoa Joe was interviewed by Helen Yee of Eyes on the Game recently and, naturally, she brought up his friendship with former WWE star turned mixed martial artist CM Punk. When asked if they talked after Joe finally made it to WWE, he revealed what his old traveling buddy said:

"...
I remember for years he was kind of championing my cause to be in the WWE and to see me now, he's like 'Oh, of course, the minute I'm gone, you're here.’ Between me and him, it's always been a very interesting relationship, we're kind of like brothers who fight all the time."

Good guy punk

Shame ROH doesn't have a streaming service. Seems like money on the table

It got worse too, he wasn't even doing his model citizen soldier shtick yet

Honestly one of my favourite moments in wrestling.

That crowd was rabid and them throwing his shirt back into the ring at him was brilliant.

Emotion of the fans at it's finest.

I dunno, I think they'd be in a lot of trouble if they lost either - they'd certainly have to scramble to get Tanahashi or Shibata into the main event picture, because that's just the way it works now. They need two top guys. Also, while Naito selling out Osaka's a big feather in his cap (especially as I don't think Elgin's in any way a draw yet), I'd also say that failing to sell out Sapporo's more on a lack of great interest in Suzuki-gun and a far weaker card than Naito had to draw with.

You've got a point about Suzuki-gun (I think the only other "big" singles match being Goto vs Juice who no-one believed would win was a factor too).

Recall

So who is our resident Japanese Deathmatch expert?

So I've watched today:

•Hiroshi Ono vs Shoji Nakamaki (Barbed Wire Chain Death Match) IWA Japan Nov 17th 94 - it was terrible. Nothing really happened and it was pretty half assed too. The barbed wire chain thingy was just simply there. Though I did find out who Miz stole his finish from.

•Combat Toyada vs Megumi Kudo (No Rope Barbed Wire Explosive Death Match - Toyada Retirement) FMW May 5th 1996 - it was excellent with lots of drama and near moments helping to set up the big explosive spots and both clearly wanted to prove themselves adding to the intensity.

•Megumi Kudo vs Shark Tsuchiya (No Rope Electrified Barbed Wire Double Hell Land Mine Death Match - Kudo retirement match) FMW Apr 29th 97 - it was decent but Shark was terrible in everything she did, and spent more time tugging and rearranging her outfit than battling. Kudo wrestled herself with some cool bumps but it was a terrible opponent for her.

Recall

So Triple H defeated:

Booker T
Scott Steiner
Goldberg
Sting

Did Triple H ever flat out destroy DDP or Nash? Triple H never got his win back over Hogan did he?

Sephzilla

So Triple H defeated:

Booker T
Scott Steiner
Goldberg
Sting

Did Triple H ever flat out destroy DDP or Nash? Triple H never got his win back over Hogan did he?

PgFI1Cv.gif

Zach

Am I the only one who never thought those sledge hammer shoots looked damaging ? They always looked dumb and weak to me

I've talked about it before. The sledgehammer immediately ruins everything for me. It's a dumb wrassle weapon. It's like the stun gun or whatevz in WCW. I'm just like nah.

Zach

Today I learned that Goldberg wrassled Bret Hart eight times and Hart won six of the matches, while Goldberg won none.

That is all.

Ronin Ray

I've talked about it before. The sledgehammer immediately ruins everything for me. It's a dumb wrassle weapon. It's like the stun gun or whatevz in WCW. I'm just like nah.

HHH using a sledgehammer as his signature weapon was always a stupid because of the fact that he can never swing it properly.

Yeah that's what I mean its such a dumb fake weapon because its way to dangerous to make look effective . Sting's black bat was better to me because it looked ok when he hit people across the back with it. I also think a guitar hit to the head looks better. I just don't get why they kept the sledge hammer going but I guess trips needed his own signature weapon

Am I the only one who never thought those sledge hammer shoots looked damaging ? They always looked dumb and weak to me

The only really good one was WMX7, when they used a fake (more fake) hammer head so H could slam Taken in the head. Of course it was too cheap and the real handle went right through it and really busted Taker open anyways. lol

So Triple H was definitely the driving force behind him fighting Sting, right? Vince seems like he would have killed to have Taker be the one to go over Sting.

So Triple H defeated:

Booker T
Scott Steiner
Goldberg
Sting

HHH never beat Hogan on a PPV, only once on smackdown brother. He couldn't get it done on the big shows like Hollywood could.
HHH worships at the feat of the Hulkster, the pinnacle of the art of burial

Love HH

Zach

Yeah that's what I mean its such a dumb fake weapon because its way to dangerous to make look effective . Sting's black bat was better to me because it looked ok when he hit people across the back with it. I also think a guitar hit to the head looks better. I just don't get why they kept the sledge hammer going but I guess trips needed his own signature weapon

Ding ding ding.

Sephzilla

You totally know that deep down inside HHH's logic for the sledghammer was "Sting's over in WCW getting over with a baseball bat. I'm going to use a sledgehammer because it's like a baseball bat only more extreme"

Is HHH the most overrated wrestler of all time? I feel like every time he comes up we collectively have bad or mediocre things to say about them. The only person I would put above him is Hogan

Ronin Ray

So what's everyone favorite wrestling weapon and least favorite ?

My favorite
Chairs
Kendo Sticks
Guitars
Tables
Steel Steps
Glass Bottle

My not favorite
Sledge hammer
Fire Ball
Cinder Blocks
any kind of sharp stabbing weapon
staple gun

Zach

Guitars are honestly my favorite pro wrasslin' weapon. They look so satisfying when done right

guitar-shot-dead.gif

We talking greatest wrassle weapons in the history of our sport? Well let's do a ZachleMania Rewind waaay back to this 2016 post:

Holy crap, WCW just killed me. I don't know if I've ever guffawed at wrestling until now. Duggan came into the ring to beat up some naughty America disrespecters and HIS 2X4 WAS BENDING LIKE A SWIMMING POOL NOODLE.

Totally unexpected. I was dying.

(Oh, I remembered one other time I laughed a lot: a Steve Blackman promo. But back to Duggan...)

www.legitshook.com comes through again!

Hahaha...

Amazing.

Top Bottom