• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allforce

If I already own this on disc but buy the Deluxe 2017 version on sale now on PSN, do I have to delete the GAME data on my PS4 (but keep the SAVE data in the cloud) before I install?

I don't really care about my stats but I have a ton of FM saved up I don't want to lose.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If I already own this on disc but buy the Deluxe 2017 version on sale now on PSN, do I have to delete the GAME data on my PS4 (but keep the SAVE data in the cloud) before I install?

I don't really care about my stats but I have a ton of FM saved up I don't want to lose.
FM is stored server side so as long as you use the same PSN account your FM should be safe.

A million fucking times this. I was thinking about this today and AA should give fucking HARD oki. It's one of the reasons Karen and Cammy remain relevant IMO. Quick aa into cross under pressure. On the flip side look at Ryu or Ken, legit dps that lead into neutral. Whats the point?

quick edit.

I would KILL to have jump cancelable AA normals. I thought I was the fucking bees knees back in cross tekken when I would use that awesome cr hp jump cancel combo with Juri. I mean, we need defensive damage somewhere.
I agree about defensive damage but the last thing this game needs is more oki.
It depends on the character. Ones with good AA options or tons of oki game already should not be the candidates. Karin could definitely use an AA buff whether it be an air throw or neat jump cancels. It sounds cool on Juri, but I don't think I ever heard about Juri's weakness being in the defensive or AA department. Necalli and Cammy should NOT even be anywhere near the list for this. EX air knee strike is prime for oki (since it has no invul frames and Alex has shit for oki in season 2/2.5) and his cr.hp or f.hp hitboxes need retooling for deep jump ins to shut that down too. Knowing Capcom Balrog would be first in line for jump cancels on his crush counters, though.

MrCarter

Watched Maximillian's thoughts on MvCi...by my god those YouTube comments on his videos towards Capcom are full of casual trash, they wouldn't know a thing about game development if it jumped up and slapped them in the face. Half of them have probably never played a VS title in their life.

Producer

sad for no plinking. Umvc3 has the best looking/feeling movement. But also good to hear theres some form of incoming mixups and thc/tag out mixup

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It depends on the character. Ones with good AA options or tons of oki game already should not be the candidates. Karin could definitely use an AA buff whether it be an air throw or neat jump cancels. It sounds cool on Juri, but I don't think I ever heard about Juri's weakness being in the defensive or AA department. Necalli and Cammy should NOT even be anywhere near the list for this. EX air knee strike is prime for oki (since it has no invul frames and Alex has shit for oki in season 2/2.5) and his cr.hp or f.hp hitboxes need retooling for deep jump ins to shut that down too. Knowing Capcom Balrog would be first in line for jump cancels on his crush counters, though.

You're not wrong. I'm not a fan of how oki heavy the game is in general though. I do think its more plausible that they'd buff some characters to have better oki pressure instead of a comprehensive look at anti airs overall or defense.

I never got a chance to get into it. By the time I started dicking around with the Marvel series, I had MvC1. MSH, XvsSF, and MSHvsSF were just dumped into my lap at once and I never got a chance to play them in full separately.

Mizerman

He says XvsSF is a good starting point?

Time to boot that shit up all night long.

Get to it.

Watched Maximillian's thoughts on MvCi...by my god those YouTube comments on his videos towards Capcom are full of casual trash, they wouldn't know a thing about game development if it jumped up and slapped them in the face. Half of them have probably never played a VS title in their life.

You already know that looking at YouTube comments will not end well. I wouldn't worry about them at all.

Anbec7

So I decided to give a chance one more time and re-download SFV.
What's new? The last thing I hear since I used R.Mika is that she was nerfed for her back dash wall combos (those were fun!)

Is there some patch notes? I also read that there is one more patch coming soon along with Ed?

So I decided to give a chance one more time and re-download SFV.
What's new? The last thing I hear since I used R.Mika is that she was nerfed for her back dash wall combos (those were fun!)

Is there some patch notes? I also read that there is one more patch coming soon along with Ed?

Here you go And yes there is another patch incoming, date still TBD
Changes for Season 2

Can you save replays locally?

Like locally to your own computer?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Is it time for ed

observing.gif

Psycho Boxer!

The intentional irony about Ed is he's kind of a pun on the fact that he is M. Bison's next reincarnation, while also being Balrog's (M. Bison in Japan) protege.

Also, does anyone have any good guide videos for picking up Akuma? Something with some combos + some good setups for him? Doesn't have to be just one video, mind you. I'd really appreciate it.

Rymuth

Psycho Boxer!

The intentional irony about Ed is he's kind of a pun on the fact that he is M. Bison's next reincarnation, while also being Balrog's (M. Bison in Japan) protege.

Also, does anyone have any good guide videos for picking up Akuma? Something with some combos + some good setups for him? Doesn't have to be just one video, mind you. I'd really appreciate it.
I really enjoyed this guide

https://youtu.be/-f0LTGSQKJQ

Femto.

Nothing triggers me more in this game when I get hit by a fireball that I know I blocked.

I feel sorry for Birdie players against the Guile MU.

Nothing triggers me more in this game when I get hit by a fireball that I know I blocked.

I feel sorry for Birdie players against the Guile MU.

That doesn't bother me so much, it's the I know the overhead set up is coming and i block in time and I don't get the block...that shit makes me salty especially if i lose the game on that...

Yeah, even I questioned what the hell I was doing. I didn't even know there was a trophy for completing it and it's not like I needed the FM.

The last time I tried it, I got to 69 and lost to Mika. I almost lost to Mika again at 91. If I lost, I'm sure I would've cried. Keep in mind that I've gotten to the 40's on Hard with various characters and unable to go any further. I just happened to get lucky tonight. I have no real reason why I decided to complete it.

Fuck Survival Mode.

Rymuth

Yeah, even I questioned what the hell I was doing. I didn't even know there was a trophy for completing it and it's not like I needed the FM.

The last time I tried it, I got to 69 and lost to Mika. I almost lost to Mika again at 91. If I lost, I'm sure I would've cried. Keep in mind that I've gotten to the 40's on Hard with various characters and unable to go any further. I just happened to get lucky tonight. I have no real reason why I decided to complete it.

Fuck Survival Mode.
Huh...that's weird. I really thought you were doing this for the trophy.

I tried Hard, my strategy is to do 10 levels, pause, take a break and then come back again later. I always end up dying on Bison's second appearance (or shortly after)

Goodbye, my dreams of Platinuming this game. :(

Village

Is there a cheap way to beat survival???

If you want to actually for real cheat

If you are on pC you can use a trainer.

Issue is, you can't use the trainer function to give you one hit kills. Because Capcom tracks that. So you just have to give yourself infinite health and... actually play through that hell. I remember people on the reddit getting pissed about that when they started banning folks for the one hit kill thing. I don't know if there any updates on trainers

Issue is, you can't use the trainer function to give you one hit kills. Because Capcom tracks that. So you just have to give yourself infinite health and... actually play through that hell. I remember people on the reddit getting pissed about that when they started banning folks for the one hit kill thing. I don't know if there any updates on trainers

This is why I hate the PC guys. Always cheating lol.
I thought there was a few strategies the CPU couldn't handle

They didn't ban u they just took away the FM

To get around this, play offline. U still get the colors and cheevos, but no FM

No idea if the exploit even works nowadays tho

ElFly

my main problem with survival mode is staying awake

even with 30 fights to go through, my eyes just start to close around the 23 one and I then get bodied

doing 50 or 100 is unthinkable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom