• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

T-0800

Sorry for posting this here but I didn't want to start a new topic.

Does anyone know when the servers for BOps on PS3 will be back online?

kuYuri

Did anyone notice this? Just noticed that Marine camo has been unlocked for Elite Premium members, right above Winter camo in the camo list.

Also unlocked a new Title background, but it's something that shouldn't be unlocked until clan level 50 and yet I have it unlocked now... weird.

Did anyone notice this? Just noticed that Marine camo has been unlocked for Elite Premium members, right above Winter camo in the camo list.

Also unlocked a new Title background, but it's something that shouldn't be unlocked until clan level 50 and yet I have it unlocked now... weird.

I would check but I have no power :(

I'm using Ruby Tuesday wifi now lol

EDIT: Just found this http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/11/03/marine-camo-in-mw3-finally-unlocked-for-all/

Nori Chan

Any pictures?

I just checked right now and none of what you said was listed. :(

also am an elite premium member

kuYuri

Any pictures?

I just checked right now and none of what you said was listed. :(

also am an elite premium member

Yeah, it seems to be unlocked for some people and not for others. I didn't do anything special, it was just there. Maybe it's taking time to propogate to all players or all Elite Premium members? Maybe it's Founder exclusive? Again, not sure. Guess you have to give it some time.

I have a friend who is Premium and Founder and doesn't have it either.

As far as how it looks, it's basically green and brown digital looking. Looks alot like Classic camo. Honestly, it looks kinda meh.

EDIT: Actually, it's in the link posted above.

aristotle

So who is doing the BO2 thread? I guess we can make a clan thread like we did for MW3 too. Apparently clan levels will be different between BO2 and MW3. That kind of sucks.

kuYuri

Got an email randomly extending my Elite membership:

We are pleased to announce that we're extending your access to Call of Duty® Elite Premium features for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 until March 1, 2013. We hope you continue to enjoy the service and all the great features you are used to through your extended access period, and look forward to seeing you online.
A couple things to note:
We will be extending your access between 7:00 AM and 1:00 PM EST on November 8, 2012. You may notice a temporary Call of Duty® Elite service interruption during this time.
Your new extended access will not be visible when viewing your account details through Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network. Rest assured, your access has been extended.

Thanks,
Your Activision and Beachhead Studio Call of Duty® Elite team

tsigo

I'm guessing it's an olive branch to people that paid for a subscription to get those features that are going to be free from BLOPS2 onward.

Madtown_

I just read about this. It seems kinda useless since we'll all be playing Blops II instead anyway, but I guess it's nice to have MW3 Elite rather than just having it expire.

Hopefully that's the case on ps3. We'll see if treyarch is actually on their game for ps3 this time around and i'm not consistently going back to the iw games in the future.

kuYuri

Rip MW3

Until launch week of BO2 where everyone says I'm going bac to mw3

THE COD CYCLE

I will likely continue playing MW3 since I always go back and play MW after Treyarch's CoD is out. Honestly, I always preferred MW a little more, it depends. Black Ops 2's weapons and such are very similar to MW that I may get my MW fix from it. We shall see.

I must've forgotten how amazing this game is after playing Black Ops 2 for a little bit.

I've been taking it for granted how nice it is to spawn safely. The spawns are just phenomenal and I'm not sure they'll ever be topped. Hopefully MW4 doesn't try to fix something thats not broken and fuck with the spawn system. I love how this game is very fast paced gun on gun action. I love the strike packages and killstreaks in this game. I like how smoothly the connections work too. Titles and emblems are pretty sick too.

I was very hyped for Black Ops 2 because i would think to myself "Wow, this game is supposed to be better than MW3 and MW3 is already pretty awesome!" Turns out there was almost nothing innovative gameplay wise and the connections are awful.

Now it seems that MW3 is probably going to be the pinnacle in the series. I'll give it one more shot and purchase MW4 because the Modern Warfares have amazed me with their innovation, but I'm not sure what else they'll add. MW3 is like the perfect game to me, so hopefully I'm surprised again with the next installment in the series with something I could've never guessed about or expected.

Sorry for ditching you for a few weeks MW3 </3 It's great to be back!

EDIT: 350 days til MW4 :D

I've always felt the Infinity Ward games are the best COD games, and that even includes the damaged Infinity Ward that made MW3.

I think the player movement feels more responsive, the gunplay is better, and the general aesthetics are better. It's the little stuff that makes a difference. The little sound effects when your hits are connecting, the sounds from leveling up or unlocking, the menu layout and design, the look of the guns, the sound of the guns. It all seems more refined in the Infinity Ward games. Even the fonts look better to my eye.

But with all they said, I still think BLOPS 2 offers some nice improvements, including the nerfed ghost perk, and the melding of assault and support point systems.

I'm definitely excited to see what Ininity Ward offers up for the next Xbox launch next fall, with what I think will be Modern Warfare 4.

Madtown_

Now it seems that MW3 is probably going to be the pinnacle in the series. I'll give it one more shot and purchase MW4 because the Modern Warfares have amazed me with their innovation, but I'm not sure what else they'll add. MW3 is like the perfect game to me, so hopefully I'm surprised again with the next installment in the series with something I could've never guessed about or expected
I cannot believe this statement. But, to each their own!

I drank the cool-aid for a while, I loved cod4 (always my goat) and mw2 was fantastic, but to me, mw3 is simply lacking in many, many ways, even compared to black ops 2. If nothing else, the gameplay is stale, the maps are average, and sometimes things are terribly annoying..such as the support streaks.

Still hoping for a very solid mw4 or whatever they decide to do. Hopefully more time together means the team can put together a gem again.

I cannot believe this statement. But, to each their own!

I drank the cool-aid for a while, I loved cod4 (always my goat) and mw2 was fantastic, but to me, mw3 is simply lacking in many, many ways, even compared to black ops 2. If nothing else, the gameplay is stale, the maps are average, and sometimes things are terribly annoying..such as the support streaks.

Still hoping for a very solid mw4 or whatever they decide to do. Hopefully more time together means the team can put together a gem again.

I've just recently come to realization how much GAF hated MW3 for some reason :S
Logically, you'd think the newer Calls of Duty would be better because they can look at the previous title and change what needs to be fixed and add a lot more new content. I've always liked the newer Calls of Duty better, but for some reason Black Ops 2 isn't my new favorite and I still like MW3 the best.

MrDaravon

I don't think that's a GAF thing; MW3 is largely derided pretty much everywhere I've ever seen. In the circle of about 12 people I play all the CoD's with, it's considered far and away to be the worst. The only things they got right IMO are the idea of the Support streaks, and giving you streak points for shooting down UAVs, capturing objectives, etc (unless that was in BO1 and I'm spacing out).

I don't think that's a GAF thing; MW3 is largely derided pretty much everywhere I've ever seen. In the circle of about 12 people I play all the CoD's with, it's considered far and away to be the worst. The only things they got right IMO are the idea of the Support streaks, and giving you streak points for shooting down UAVs, capturing objectives, etc (unless that was in BO1 and I'm spacing out).

Well the people i play with thinks it's the best, which is why they were playing it all the way thru november til blops 2 came out. Usually we get bored of the new game by april or so and just play occasionally over the summer, but that wasn't the case with MW3.

aku:jiki

I finally hit 20th prestige... Anyone know why I can still access the "prestige mode" button in barracks? I'm too scared to press it in case it puts me back at 1 or some crazy shit.

I finally hit 20th prestige... Anyone know why I can still access the "prestige mode" button in barracks? I'm too scared to press it in case it puts me back at 1 or some crazy shit.

It'll put you back at Prestige 20 Level 1. The same glitch happened with Prestige 15 and people prestiged again thinking they could go to 16 and went back to lvl 1 of Prestige 15 instead.

Top Bottom