• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matthew Vaughn Confirms 'Man of Steel' Sequel Talks

Quick reminder that Vaughn worked with Cavill on Stardust. He was the dude who Daredevil was competing with and Robert De Niro wanted to bang at the end.

OA77Ge5.gif

Cool! He's only made five films as a director, though he's produced films before that of course but Vaughn has certainly made a name for himself quite recently. Personally I prefer all of his films over most of Snyder's sans maybe Watchmen, and even then that's an unpopular opinion. He'd be a good director for MOS, and at this point, why not?

There's just something with Superman and British creators. Millar, Morrison, Ellis, Moore, Ennis... They're all cynical assholes but when it comes to Superman, their writing suddenly gets all warm and fuzzy. Earnest, even. And considering Vaughn's ties to Millar, I could see him having a good handle on classic good guy Supes. Of course, they might very well go with Red Son but we'll see...

Millar's Superman I wouldn't call "warm and fuzzy", if anything Millar's superhero comes off exactly like I picture it would, as in him being really violent.

Bleepey

Everything to you is everyone else pulling bullshit criticisms out of someone's ass instead of looking at yourself in the mirror (ie, the fact that you STILL think this argument is about a numbers game, that MoS Superman saved more people so that objectively means all other interpretations are invalidated, which is not only asinine but intellectually lazy), so that's why I don't waste my time with you after that absolutely stupid thread you posted.

You're as stubborn as you are disingenuous. Especially considering your reaction to that one part of my post you quoted.

OK... when did i say that because MOS saved more people other interpretations are invalid? I am sure it's possible I said that, but it's very, very, very improbable. I am not like some people who say Cavill is Superman in name only. I have only ever said Cavill does things better, and if by people's standards of what makes Superman Superman, having parents that aren't cynical, never killing, being selfless to the core, and not punching kryptonians through buildings, then 78's cynical Jonathan Kent, Superman 2's killing of Zod, him deciding to give up his powers for.... I dunno to give Lois a dicking and but not a Superdicking and finally punching kyptonians through buildings, then Reeves doesn't meet the standard through which they set.

Matthew Vaughn Teases His Potential Take on ‘Superman’ as “Heroic” and “Feel-Good”
“Weirdly if I did do Superman—and I made the mistake of telling someone yesterday I have spoken about it and then wallop (laughs)—I think my main take would be, it’s really boring but make a Superman film. I just don’t feel a proper Superman—I think Donner did it to perfection for that time. Just doing the modern—I wanna do a modern version of the Donner [version]. Go back to the source material… For me Superman is color, feel-good, heroic. He’s a beacon of light in darkness. And that’s what I think Superman should be.”

Top Bottom