• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

I meant every word!

dorm was in the dr strange movie

he'll be in infinite. guaranteed.
I try not to get my hopes up about these things. I am sure Dr. Strange will be in, and I expect a Dr. Strange villain. But they might want to promote someone besides Dormammu.

Ya know what other baddie is almost assuredly in? Thanos. And he's on basically no one's radar right now. I can't wait to throw people in bubbles all over again.
It would be a real surprise if Thanos' moveset was rehashed from old games. I don't think Marvel would want him to be so tame.

I think no one is talking about Thanos because we all expect he will be in the game.

J-Tier

Interesting stuff about Kang. I only really knew him from the EMH cartoon, but I liked what I saw there.
Yeah, he's pretty cool.

To continue my list (I was out and about with spotty net): Winter Soldier (technically), Red Skull, Titania, The Hood, Purple Man (Killgrave), Mad Thinker, Moonstone, Mephisto, Radioactive Man, Ronan the Accuser, Collector, Grandmaster, Arcade, Absorbing Man, Wrecker...

EDIT: Arcade is probably close to an X-Men character. He'd be really cool though in some kinda mech and a Murderworld stage.
I try not to get my hopes up about these things. I am sure Dr. Strange will be in, and I expect a Dr. Strange villain. But they might want to promote someone besides Dormammu.
Baron Mordo is possible. But I vastly prefer Dormammu.

Would they incorporate Immortus, Iron Lad, and Rama Tut in Kangs moveset in some way? I see Kang pulling out random stuff from different eras and using it against you. Oh and he'd go back in time and pummel you and then appear again or something.

If they could somehow incorporate the Kang Chrono's Corps that would be great....
latest

I may be letting my Mayday fanboyism get the better of me

You know, I thought about Arcade even as far back as MVC3. Since he's not really much of a fighter, I could see most of his normals being cane attacks, whereas his special moves/supers would be Murderworld stuff. Not sure how that would work.

I think Winter Soldier will definitely be in. I could see Hood having a ridiculous moveset if he had his cloak and boots. He'd probably use his guns and magic. Invisibility and Gems would be crazy.

Absorbing Man and Wrecker would probably be grapplers, with Wrecker using his crowbar like Haggar's pipe.

Red Skull's another possible choice. He's popular enough, though you have the whole nazi stuff. I'm guessing it wouldn't matter since he was in Marvel Super Hero Squad.

You know, I thought about Arcade even as far back as MVC3. Since he's not really much of a fighter, I could see most of his normals being cane attacks, whereas his special moves/supers would be Murderworld stuff. Not sure how that would work.

I think Winter Soldier will definitely be in. I could see Hood having a ridiculous moveset if he had his cloak and boots. He'd probably use his guns and magic. Invisibility and Gems would be crazy.

Absorbing Man and Wrecker would probably be grapplers, with Wrecker using his crowbar like Haggar's pipe.

Red Skull's another possible choice. He's popular enough, though you have the whole nazi stuff. I'm guessing it wouldn't matter since he was in Marvel Super Hero Squad.

I think Arcade could work with all he crazy robot nonsense things like his garbage vacuum truck and murderworld bots. He'd be kinda similar to Ultron at the moment with robotic assists or something. Maybe the match would start with Arcade having booby trapped the entire arena and/or you? He had some crazy nonsense in stuff like Excalibur I believe he held Captain Britain's wife in like a giant claw game or something? (I think he also did it to Blade in MUA1)

If it matters, I believe Arcade had legitimate, terrifying powers in Avengers Arena, which he used to....pit teenagers against each other for survival. Real imaginative Arcade

I never saw Arcade use a robot before, or at least I don't remember him doing it. Most of my experience was from classic X-Men/Marvel Team-Up stuff. He'd just be in some secret room talking trash and setting traps.

As soon as I thought of mech, Alistair Smythe with his Spider Slayer nonsense came to mind. That definitely ain't happening, lol.

Ivan 3414

C-isv43WAAAG6mi.jpg

Here's how I see the veterans situation going down.

Before I get leapt on for Zero being gone, with both X and Sigma being in this game, I don't think there's room for anymore X series Megaman characters.

Also, even if we do get X-Men back eventually, Phoenix being so controversial last game seals her fate IMO.

The rest I feel are pretty self-explanatory.

Eh

Just because a character is low-tier/unpopular doesn't mean they won't be returning. Phoenix is for sure coming back. I get Shuma-Gorath but the same reasoning I'm guessing you're using for him not being in this game was easily applicable six years ago. But Capcom wanted him in(Marvel wasn't so enthusiastic). And you took out waaay too many female characters out; fairly certain the reason for the inclusion of characters like Trish and C.Viper to begin with was to reduce the sausage

Neoxon

C-isv43WAAAG6mi.jpg

Here's how I see the veterans situation going down.

Before I get leapt on for Zero being gone, with both X and Sigma being in this game, I don't think there's room for anymore X series Megaman characters.

Also, even if we do get X-Men back eventually, Phoenix being so controversial last game seals her fate IMO.

The rest I feel are pretty self-explanatory.
An Argument in Favor of Nova: They could have easily gotten Troy Baker to voice Hawkeye like they got Travis Willingham to voice Thor or Trevor Devall as Rocket, but they didn't (Chris Cox is reprising his role as Hawkeye).

I never saw Arcade use a robot before, or at least I don't remember him doing it. Most of my experience was from classic X-Men/Marvel Team-Up stuff. He'd just be in some secret room talking trash and setting traps.

As soon as I thought of mech, Alistair Smythe with his Spider Slayer nonsense came to mind. That definitely ain't happening, lol.

In one comic his own robotic X-men duplicates are used against him, so yes. He does use robots

Dahbomb

Nova is cool, bring him back.

Just flesh out his movelist, he was kinda anemic in that department. But his VA and move impact was spot on. When he hit you with that travis touchdown punch... you really felt that.

You think barely any of the female cast will return? I think Shehulk and Jill should be bumped up to maybe at least

Jill got in in her current status because 5 was the new hotness at the time. Now when it's two games past I don't think one boss battle is how the leading lady of horror games deserves to be represented, and I'd much rather and think it's more likely that we'll either see a return to her MvC2 incarnation or not have her at all.

She-Hulk is a toughie and the hardest one for me to put an X on, but considering how MCU based the roster looks to be, and that there's no apparent plans to add her to the MCU anytime soon she's more likely gone than not IMO.

I think the sausagefest will be lessened with newcomers like Regina, Scarlet Witch and Black Widow, all of whom are seeming increasingly likely.

And Felicia, I don't know why anyone would expect her to not return.

Felicia caused so many advertising issues due to her clothing choice (or lackthereof) last game that I expect her to be gone, especially considering this game's more realistic artstyle. Not only that, but the fact that there's a proper story mode that seems to want to take itself seriously this time around has me very much doubting her return.

Neoxon

Just flesh out his movelist, he was kinda anemic in that department. But his VA and move impact was spot on. When he hit you with that travis touchdown punch... you really felt that.
My main concern right now is that they may swap Nova for the less-popular Kid Nova (Sam Alexander) that Marvel has tried & failed numerous times to push. But considering the Troy Baker thing that I noticed, I'm somewhat hopeful that they'll go with Richard Rider if we get Nova in MvCI.

J-Tier

My main concern right now is that they may swap Nova for the less-popular Kid Nova (Sam Alexander) that Marvel has tried & failed numerous times to push. But considering the Troy Baker thing that I noticed, I'm somewhat hopeful that they'll go with Richard Rider if we get Nova in MvCI.
Since Rich is back in the comics, I'm confident he'll be returning if they bring him back.

MoxManiac

I see a lot of MvC:I vs. Injustice 2 crap going around, especially in youtube comments. It feels exactly like the Street Fighter versus Mortal Kombat argument wars from the 90s.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

They should integrate the old fake 4Chan leak for Nova into his moveset.

His ability to open temporary stargates at different parts of the screen to travel between (and perhaps the opponent could too). Would be pretty unique and potent.

J-Tier

His ability to open temporary stargates at different parts of the screen to travel between (and perhaps the opponent could too). Would be pretty unique and potent.
Would be cool if the stargates operated relative to the stage position, kinda like Dormammu's or Doronjo's special attacks. Well, Dorm's was relative to his position, but the idea is similar.

I wonder if Worldmind could be a new hyper for nova that makes his moves track the opponent or do extra damage by highlighting enemy weaknesses or something....oh and it would have to talk to him while he's fighting like Agni and Rudra for Dante :p

Richard Rider it is imperative for you to listen at this time

And regarding Jill. I mean, even if its MVC2 Jill, Jill is still Jill. It would count as a return

C-isv43WAAAG6mi.jpg

Controversial? Maybe. But she became a major liability as the life of the game progressed. A lot of tech was found just to deal with her specifically.
If xmen come back, i doubt they'd remove her just for "controversy." Vergil was as well do to XFactor. And a lot of players expect him back. Since xf is gone, her chances are just as good as other xmen from umvc3.

Sesha

Would be cool if the stargates operated relative to the stage position, kinda like Dormammu's or Doronjo's special attacks. Well, Dorm's was relative to his position, but the idea is similar.

I wonder if Worldmind could be a new hyper for nova that makes his moves track the opponent or do extra damage by highlighting enemy weaknesses or something....oh and it would have to talk to him while he's fighting like Agni and Rudra for Dante :p

And regarding Jill. I mean, even if its MVC2 Jill, Jill is still Jill. It would count as a return

Yeah for people who are down on Nova, UMvC3 barely scratched the surface of what he could do. Besides his design and personality being Marvel af, he's got some really cool feats that are not reflected in his moveset. Nova is hype. And come 202X when the Nova movie comes out, you'll be begging for his return if he's still not in it.

”TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!"

That's a Deadpool quote (against Sigma :p) if I've ever heard one.

Neoxon

But how would that work with the inevitable Sam Alexander costume we'd get if Nova gets in? If I recall, Sam doesn't really have access with Worldmind beyond that one time before the current run.

Lungless

Neo Member
I'm really wondering what Darkstalkers reps we'll get to replace the ones from UMvC3.

Y'know, besides the obvious inclusion of Lilith.

Mugy

I had to keep remembering myself that if Captain Commando wasn't in UMVC3 because of the complications of animating he's moveset (the game couldn't handled them?) i really like to see if they can make it this time.

The character its great, fantastic and pretty unique.

Kang The Conqueror being a similar character (who summons stuff), its a awesome idea, too.

Marvel its full of amazing cosmic characters who can make the cut, besides Thanos, NOVA, and the Guardians. Adam Warlock, Quasar, any Kree warrior.

If you guys had to choose a really obscure Marvel character or a not well-know (or Capcom, for that matter), who would pick?

Top Bottom