• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Actually voted for Splatoon. Fire Pro is too impenetrable for them all to pick it up quickly so it'll be a stream of frustration and Fire Pro is one of my favourite series of all time. Get a Huber and Brad stream of them learning as they go and I'll be all over it.

I'd vote for it over bad choices, but Salmon Run is great.

demu

Voted for Fire Pro, cause it might be the only chance for us to see the Allies play it. Splatoon on the other hand will definitely appear on several occasions.

Voted for FIre Pro because even before I saw the results I knew my preferred pick (Pyre) was being thrown to the wolves and will be never heard of by EZA again. Group Stream votes suck.

Hasney

Voted for FIre Pro because even before I saw the results I knew my preferred pick (Pyre) was being thrown to the wolves and will be never heard of by EZA again. Group Stream votes suck.

I mean, if you're gonna root for the worst looking one of the three, yeah it's gonna suck :p

Hasney

The next game from the developers of Bastion and Transistor. Yeah, I'm sure it'll be terrible.

I really hate the art style for some reason, which is a shame, because the animation is great. I'm interested to try it, but no interest to watch it at all as I'll be turned off.

Still, if you go by prior work, It'll always be Fire Pro and Nintendo over them anyway.

Splatoon's gonna win?

Hoping this doesn't turn out like the MK8 group stream. That games fun and I love it, but a streamable game it ain't. Just too messy (with the bitrate) and hard to keep track of the action with so much going on.

The MK8 group stream was brilliant, so I hope it does turn out somewhat like that.

I thought the stream and EZA interactions were great. I just don't like having a splitscreen match with a fairly low bit-rate for that sorta setup. Makes it hard to follow the action, especially if your catching up on EZA content on something less than the size of a monitor (say phone or tablet).

Great game but I honestly would never want to see MK8 streamed again unless it's just a solo screen.

Hasney

I thought the stream and EZA interactions were great. I just don't like having a splitscreen match with a fairly low bit-rate for that sorta setup. Makes it hard to follow the action, especially if your catching up on EZA content on something less than the size of a monitor (say phone or tablet).

Great game but I honestly would never want to see MK8 streamed again unless it's just a solo screen.

Oh, that. There is no split screen for Splatoon. They'll have to have 4 Switches so one will be streaming and the rest on handheld.

I really hate the art style for some reason, which is a shame, because the animation is great. I'm interested to try it, but no interest to watch it at all as I'll be turned off.

Still, if you go by prior work, It'll always be Fire Pro and Nintendo over them anyway.

You don't like Pyre's art style? Wat. Then again, I despise ARMS' art style and plenty of people seem to like that.

Pyre's a very different competitive game than most and I thought it would've been really fun to watch them figure it out on stream. Far moreso than the other two games, which from everything I've seen are very iterative sequels (though at least in Fire Pro's case, it used to fly under the radar so much that it may as well be brand new).

And yes, that's my point. Pyre was thrown to the wolves because it never stood even a tiny chance of winning.

emb

Oh, that. There is no split screen for Splatoon. They'll have to have 4 Switches so one will be streaming and the rest on handheld.
Aw, for some reason I thought they had added that.

Splatoon 1 has the great benefit of Wii U style splitscreen, but they dropped the ball hard only having that dull balloon mode to play.

Really thought the sequel would end up with good local multiplayer, but virtue of the whole Switch concept. :(

Voted Fire Pro though I agree the learning curve is probably too much for this stream

Very surprised Splatoon 2 is in the lead, what are the odds of something like that, wow

I went with fire pro. I loved watching Giant Bombs cpu controlled battle royale and think something similar with the group providing commentary would be way entertaining.

Does anyone remember on which Frametrap Ben talked about Dragon Quest 7 on 3DS?
Cause I wonder if he mentioned the performance at all. I bought the game yesterday and I'm not one who is bothered too much by subpar performance, but boy DQ7 plays kind of terrible tbh. Framepacing issues everywhere, huge drops during combat and generally unresponsive menus :(

DQ8 ran much much better on 3DS...

The menus have lag, this is a known bug. Not experienced any of your other problems though.
Mine was physical on a N3DS (standard, not XL).

Hey guys. Long time GT watcher, Day 1 patreon supporter, recent twitch supporter, 1 day old Gaf account.

I just wanted to make sure my first post is in this thread.

L&R

abrack08

The Nintendo complaints are a little weird in this case. A sequel to a popular new IP with multiplayer just came out, and it's barely beating a wrestling game I've never heard of (so my guess is it's not as well known as Splatoon, correct me if I'm wrong), and the third option is basically an indie sports games (one I'm very much looking forward to but had no chance against pretty much anything). You really think they should have not even nominated Splatoon, the most obvious choice for this week, because they played Mario Golf and Arms recently? It's not like they're going out of their way to push Nintendo games, Nintendo just released a couple high profile multiplayer games recently.

ShadyK54

The Nintendo complaints are a little weird in this case. A sequel to a popular new IP with multiplayer just came out, and it's barely beating a wrestling game I've never heard of (so my guess is it's not as well known as Splatoon, correct me if I'm wrong), and the third option is basically an indie sports games (one I'm very much looking forward to but had no chance against pretty much anything). You really think they should have not even nominated Splatoon, the most obvious choice for this week, because they played Mario Golf and Arms recently? It's not like they're going out of their way to push Nintendo games, Nintendo just released a couple high profile multiplayer games recently.

I just feel like most of the time, whenever a Nintendo game is put up to vote it always outshines/over shadows other potential stream games that I think would be fun to watch (most recent example being the Arms vote).

EDIT: Recently I've felt that they should make the Patreon vote a vote on rules or modes whenever a new Nintendo game comes out by default. People get to see the hot new game for the hot console, & other games that week that people would really want to see but would have no chance going against a Nintendo game get a shot at the spotlight the following week.

Apologies if that wasn't coherent, but the TL;DR: if a new Nintendo game is coming out before a group stream, just play it by default & make the vote a choice on in game rules/modes.

Fire Pro is a lot closer than I expected.

Mista Koo

I just feel like most of the time, whenever a Nintendo game is put up to vote it always outshines/over shadows other potential stream games that I think would be fun to watch (most recent example being the Arms vote).
Arms is a major new IP from Nintendo, one of 2 in this generation/decade. The other one? Splatoon. Also they were excited about Arms when it was revealed and we expected motion hijinks.

Mario Golf is a better example for your argument.

Only if they download people. If they create them, they've gotta play with the CPU logic or they do dumb stuff.
Well I have no idea how it works nor do they, so they would need an expert opinion. If they saw created characters they'll get excited.

Axass

Hey guys. Long time GT watcher, Day 1 patreon supporter, recent twitch supporter, 1 day old Gaf account.

L&R
Welcome! Enjoy your stay as much as you can.

I asked Damiani recently about it and he said it's on hiatus so he can work on something else in it's place and return to it later.
Feeling I get Damiani definitely seems to want to experiment based on the general criticism he's got on the type of content people want to see from EZA more.
(quoted from the EZA discord)

Thank you for the reply, I honestly don't frequent the EZA discord. Damiani really does experiment a lot, and I appreciate that, it's just that in the long run he doesn't seem to end up sticking with anything he tries. Also I'd have appreciated a quick Patreon post just saying "Zelda Talk on hold" (like Ben usually does when some of his shows are late), especially since it's one of those shows that patrons got early, makes me feel better being in the loop and knowing what's happening.

Speaking of Damiani, the live Comic-Con streams were very nice, I love to see all that showfloor footage because I've seldom had the chance to go to a convention myself. Would watch again, too bad they can't do the same at E3 due to the exclusivity issues.

ShadyK54

L&R

Welcome!

Arms is a major new IP from Nintendo, one of 2 in this generation/decade. The other one? Splatoon. Also they were excited about Arms when it was revealed and we expected motion hijinks.

Mario Golf is a better example for your argument.

Fair point.

I think I just want a mix up to the vote every once in awhile. If the group stream turns out hilarious & fun then my complaints can be tossed out. :p

Side note: loved the recent Huber Syndrome. Always interested to hear what the Allies (besides Huber & Ian most of the time) are watching/like to watch/what they're interested in watching.

Kneefoil

I've voted for Fire Pro. I already get more than enough Splatoon 2 just by playing it myself, and Pyre doesn't look very interesting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom