• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Speaking about commercial moves Nintendo should do for Wii U:
from today's Media-Create thread:

17./29. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo - 4/10/2008) - 6,783 / 3,561,199 (+93%)

Instead of a 2d Mario platformer, that will be out for 3DS in August, I think that they should plan a brand new Mario Kart for Wii U (targeting a wide range of demographic with online, upad gyroscope and so on) at launch.

I don't think it makes sense.
Mario Kart is an ideal 2nd holiday title.
Its a strong brand, it hits just when the console is doing well and gives it that extra boost.
And honestly, if they have Sonic All Star Racing at launch, they should help Sega to push that.

Also, I want them to get it right since they tend to only do one per console.

Sadist

Brawl: March 9, 2008
Mario Kart Wii: April 27, 2008

WHAT WERE THEY SMOKING

I actually never ended up buying Mario Kart Wii (I must be the only person on Earth) because I was playing Brawl non stop for 2 years straight.
Nope, I don't own Mario Kart Wii either.

I have to admit, Mario Kart 7(!) is the first one I actually own.

I still have no idea why "GCN" became the abbreviation for "Nintendo GameCube". It's almost as if it was supposed to be called "GameCube Nintendo" or something dumb.

Worse, last time I asked this question aloud, somebody claimed it was Nintendo who coined the abbreviation in the first place. I don't know what to say to that...

No, that's a tesseract, not a tessellator.

NGC was actually used in Japan. I think the reason GCN became the abbreviation in the U.S. was trademark related. But that was a long time ago I heard that, so don't quote me on it.

But subscreen refers to the screen and not necessarily the whole controller. How would you talk about just the screen with that term? For example, people would say things like... "I think the touchscreen on my subscreen has some dead pixels, Is this under warranty?" Confusing.

You mean the subtouchscreen? ;)

I still like w.u.c., pronounced "wuck". If we do get support for two controllers we can refer to the set as the wuc-wucs.

Somebody suggested WUT ("Wii U Tablet") for the expected reasons of potential hilarity last thread.

I personally really liked "SubCon".

Isn't that what Loki used to bring that big army to Earth? Damn. Now we know where the Pikmin hide.

The cosmic cube is filled with Nintendo Power.

BurntPork

Banned

WHAT WERE THEY SMOKING

I actually never ended up buying Mario Kart Wii (I must be the only person on Earth) because I was playing Brawl non stop for 2 years straight.

I'd say we should be bros, but once you find out that I've never beaten Majora's Mask (despite having seen most of it played and loving the music), you would not want to speak to me until I do. So I won't tell you that.

... Wait. Shit.

Stop it guys, why do you have to remind me that I still haven't seen the Avengers :(

GET YOUR ASS TO THE MOVIE THEATER

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Concerning Reflections studio on Wii U, other Linkedin profiles appeared recently (than the one reported), further confirming its involvement on Wii U

here for example

The Wii U expected library is definitively promising.

Concerning Reflections on Wii U, other Linkedin profiles appeared recently (than the one reported), further confirming the involvement of the studio on Wii U

The Wii U expected library is definitively promising.

Far Cry 3 isn't all that surprising, though.
Expected, actually.

Penguin

WHAT WERE THEY SMOKING

Fall 2008--- * Twiddles thumb*

Kinect's popularity continues to baffle me. It's like the Wii in the sense that it has tons of widespread appeal and that a majority of the people who have it use it less than 10 times, but at least the Wii had good games coming out for it on a regular basis. The Kinect hasn't had one BIG game for it since it launched with Dance Central.

it's a pos for gaming.

It shines as a media controller though.

Stop it guys, why do you have to remind me that I still haven't seen the Avengers :(

The person from a few days ago who said that it was like being a kid with a new video game was correct in that assessment. It gives you pretty much everything you could possibly want in this sort of experience with minimal sacrifice.

I see one or two films a year, and this randomly happened to be it, and I do not at all regret that decision.

…why haven't you left for the theater yet? You shouldn't be reading this!.

Penguin

Far Cry 3 isn't all that surprising, though.
Expected, actually.

Yeah, Far Cry... one of them was one of the Wii's first FPS.
Ubisoft has found terrific success on the Wii.
And I thought someone.. broke down one of the stills from E3.. and looked like had a Wii U a or was that photoshopped?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm probably the only one who isn't interested in seeing The Avengers.

I wasn't even really either, then I heard it was good and figured Whedon deserved the benefit of the doubt.

It's a great movie, and this coming from a DC fan.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ubisoft Reflections.

They mostly do Driver, but lately have been helping with Far Cry 3.

Aaaaaan is there any mentions of a Wii U version of Far Cry 3? (Considering it's Ubisoft, I wouldn't be surprised at all, but I'm still asking.)

Sadist

The person from a few days ago who said that it was like being a kid with a new video game was correct in that assessment. It gives you pretty much everything you could possibly want in this sort of experience with minimal sacrifice.

I see one or two films a year, and this randomly happened to be it, and I do not at all regret that decision.

…why haven't you left for the theater yet? You shouldn't be reading this!.
avengers-thor-captain-america-chris-%25255B1%25255D.jpg

It's also 11:30 PM here in Europe right now. But man I am excite.

those superheroes are overhyped ><
Nu uh! The Avengers are awesome! Avengers vs. X-Men isn't that good though.

those superheros are overhyped ><

They spend half the movie trying to force some guy they find in Europe to give them his secrets about a new high tech gizmo that they hope to have in their hands shortly. He drops many hints which they initially gloss over, and they spend much of the time arguing heatedly with each other over trivial things.

Of course, I am not drawing any parallels of any sort with anybody anywhere.

Kjellson

You should still go see it xD Just came from the cinema, brilliant exerience.

I wasn't even really either, then I heard it was good and figured Whedon deserved the benefit of the doubt.

It's a great movie, and this coming from a DC fan.
Sorry. I hate superhero comics and I'm incredibly sick of the endless amount of stupid movie adaptions coming out all the damn time.

MqWahqdB8jd24insPy6IYJSmo1_400.jpg

Edit: I actually didn't see GhostTrick's post before I wrote this. Haha.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
We know from the previous threads that Plantronics (the company specialized in headsets) is on board for the Wii U. There is a new job offer, with in the "following/knowing trends" required skills, a mention of the system.

I wonder what kind of headset this brand will make, what would be its advantage and how they will market it, considering the padlet already has a built-in microphone designed for comfortable voice chat. Maybe a noise-canceling technology on it ? Perhaps "your team-mates won't meet difficulties listening to your orders with our new lightweight headset with a mic near your mouth !" ? :p

EloquentM

aka Mannny
We know from the previous threads that Plantronics (the company specialized in headsets) is on board for the Wii U. There is a new job offer, with in the "following/knowing trends" required skills, a mention of the system.

I wonder what kind of headset this brand will make, what would be its advantage and how they will market it, considering the padlet already has a built-in microphone designed for comfortable voice chat. Maybe a noise-canceling technology on it ? Perhaps "your team-mates won't meet difficulties listening to your orders with our new lightweight headset with a mic near your mouth !" ? :p

Hopefully the redesigned controller has a mic port.

guek

Banned
Ubisoft Reflections.

They mostly do Driver, but lately have been helping with Far Cry 3.

Oh man...Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, and Bioshock:I are the 3 third party games I'm most interested in that I have no hope for on wii u whatsoever. I was going to play them all on PC but I'd much rather play em on the couch.

Oh man...Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, and Bioshock:I are the 3 third party games I'm most interested in that I have no hope for on wii u whatsoever. I was going to play them all on PC but I'd much rather play em on the couch.
I'm genuinely not interested in either of those. Though Far Cry 3 is something I'll play when it's like 8 bucks on sale in the future.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
They spend half the movie trying to force some guy they find in Europe to give them his secrets about a new high tech gizmo that they hope to have in their hands shortly. He drops many hints which they initially gloss over, and they spend much of the time arguing heatedly with each other over trivial things.

Of course, I am not drawing any parallels of any sort with anybody anywhere.

wat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom