• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

So the majority of players just rush through story and wait for next update?

Seems that way. My seemingly dead FC suddenly burst back to life, with at least 7 members on during peak hours if not more.

I'll give it a month before they all vanish and I'll be left at the mercy of PF.

wamberz1

So my account randomly "lost" my Stormblood activation, I used the same cd key I got when I pre ordered it, now it is re-activated. Should I be worried? I am back in with Stormblood activated and playing fine now, but that was really weird.
Exact same thing just happened to me. Mine is working fine too so no point in worrying about it for now I guess.

jiiikoo

Banned
I just bought the CE of Stormblood and the base game and god, I don't know what to do. Can someone recommend a good Youtuber who explains some of the mechanics of the game? I don't have a clue what professions to take (I'm an archer), how can I play as a Red Mage (looks cool as hell). Is there a Neogaf EU guild btw, would love that too? Although, I'm not sure at what level you can join guilds.

Kent

A lot of WHM's I've ran into at 70 seem to be happy overall with where the class is. It's the SCHs who seem the most upset when all's said and done.

New WHM mechanics can apparently be safely ignored. Boring as though it may be, they're in a better place than they were.

SCH's changes directly compromised their playstyle, forcing them to focus more on getting raw heals out, instead of using buffs (shields, Eye for an Eye, Sacred Soil), debuffs (Virus, Blind, Shadow Flare) and their fairy to tilt damage intake in a way that allows them more flexibility, on top of new abilities that, at the very least, could use some quality-of-life changes (Excogitation still healing when it wears off, better range on Fey Union, and a changed Quickened Aetherflow to make it not counterintuitive to try and leverage).

On top of this, halving the number of damage-over-time effects available, making Bane have insane damage falloff (20% per target, flooring at 20% for the fifth target and beyond), and giving them no filler AOE to replace Blizzard II makes SCH run into situations where spamming Broil is the only remaining action quite often. Not that I have anything against Broil, but part of what was so noteworthy about it previously was the fact that if you got to the point where that's what you had to cast, it meant you were doing everything else right, and that point comes far too quickly now, making the lack of depth more readily apparent and disappointing.

I just bought the CE of Stormblood and the base game and god, I don't know what to do. Can someone recommend a good Youtuber who explains some of the mechanics of the game? I don't have a clue what professions to take (I'm an archer), how can I play as a Red Mage (looks cool as hell). Is there a Neogaf EU guild btw, would love that too? Although, I'm not sure at what level you can join guilds.

Selecting crafting and gathering classes don't lock you out of others. Just like with combat classes, you can learn and swap between them all after a point.

Once you hit level 10 with the class you created your character as (and complete its level 10 quest, I think), you can go to another guild and unlock the ability to play as that class.

As for Red Mage, you need to clear the A Realm Reborn's main story and hit level 50 with any combat job.

Regarding mechanics, just read the tooltips on your actions and traits as you get them, and most will make sense pretty readily.

My advice: Don't worry too much about the NPCs offering quests everywhere unless they're part of the main storyline (the ! icon has a meteor logo around it), unlock new content (blue background behind the ! icon and has a + next to it) or is related to your class/job (generally in that class' guild, though once you hit 30 and upgrade to a job from your class, they'll be elsewhere). Save the general quests for when you need filler to hit the level requirement for the next story quest, or for leveling other classes - the main scenario quests give you a substantial amount of EXP on their own (they're generally intended to carry you through leveling your first class, with minor outside sources of EXP, so you can pretty much just enjoy the ride).

Chocoporters, similar to flight paths in WoW, have a very similar icon to the general quest icon, but be sure to talk to one if you see them. They're usually at settlements, just like Aetherytes.

Speaking of, attune yourself to any Aetheryte you find, and in capital cities, find and attune yourself to all of the Aethernet Shards around. You can teleport for free between Aethernet Shards (and the city's Aetheryte), and unlocking all of them in a given city allows you to teleport for free right outside of the city gates. You can teleport to any Aetheryte normally for a small amount of money.

xero273

crazy.gif

How do you configure those icons on the bottom right? The ones with the potion

I need a favor from one of you.

I would like to have the Emperor's New Clothes set that can be bought from a lalafell in Mor Dhona. It's supposedly very cheap to buy (like around 500 gils). The issue is that it's locked behind a level 50 quest for any artisan job. I do not have any one of these levelled.

Could one of you who have access to the vendor buy that set for me and send it to me via the Mog delivery service in the game? I would be very grateful. My character is named Zephyr Alizee. I'm in the GAF FC.

Bowlie

Banned
I need a favor from one of you.

I would like to have the Emperor's New Clothes set that can be bought from a lalafell in Mor Dhona. It's supposedly very cheap to buy (like around 500 gils). The issue is that it's locked behind a level 50 quest for any artisan job. I do not have any one of these levelled.

Could one of you who have access to the vendor buy that set for me and send it to me via the Mog delivery service in the game? I would be very grateful. My character is named Zephyr Alizee. I'm in the GAF FC.

sending~

Bowlie

Banned
Thank you very much, friend.

I needed that set so my character can keep the look she has. I bought the Far Easter Garb on the game's store, and I don't want to ruin the look with other pieces of equipment, lol.

I gotta add you as a friend to send a mail, and I don't think you're online? Couldn't locate you.

My name's Sazh Katzroy.

Seijuro

Oh no, now the server congestion got to me too:
I bought a Phial of Fantasia a few days ago. After a few hours and no login issues today I decided to use it, log out...

Due to server congestion my character data couldn't be loaded, and there is no prompt when I press square on the character name to use my Fantasia - is it lost, should I wait a few hours and try again or should I contact SE support immediately?

Demoskinos

I bought a Phial of Fantasia a few days ago. After a few hours and no login issues today I decided to use it, log out...

Due to server congestion my character data couldn't be loaded, and there is no prompt when I press square on the character name to use my Fantasia - is it lost, should I wait a few hours and try again or should I contact SE support immediately?

If it's not pulling your character data it's not going to know that character is eligible for a fantasia change. I'd wait until you can get the server to pull your character data successfully then see what happens

Seijuro

If it's not pulling your character data it's not going to know that character is eligible for a fantasia change. I'd wait until you can get the server to pull your character data successfully then see what happens

That sounds reasonable - I will probably do just that.

jiiikoo

Banned
Selecting crafting and gathering classes don't lock you out of others. Just like with combat classes, you can learn and swap between them all after a point.

Once you hit level 10 with the class you created your character as (and complete its level 10 quest, I think), you can go to another guild and unlock the ability to play as that class.

As for Red Mage, you need to clear the A Realm Reborn's main story and hit level 50 with any combat job.

Regarding mechanics, just read the tooltips on your actions and traits as you get them, and most will make sense pretty readily.

My advice: Don't worry too much about the NPCs offering quests everywhere unless they're part of the main storyline (the ! icon has a meteor logo around it), unlock new content (blue background behind the ! icon and has a + next to it) or is related to your class/job (generally in that class' guild, though once you hit 30 and upgrade to a job from your class, they'll be elsewhere). Save the general quests for when you need filler to hit the level requirement for the next story quest, or for leveling other classes - the main scenario quests give you a substantial amount of EXP on their own (they're generally intended to carry you through leveling your first class, with minor outside sources of EXP, so you can pretty much just enjoy the ride).

Chocoporters, similar to flight paths in WoW, have a very similar icon to the general quest icon, but be sure to talk to one if you see them. They're usually at settlements, just like Aetherytes.

Speaking of, attune yourself to any Aetheryte you find, and in capital cities, find and attune yourself to all of the Aethernet Shards around. You can teleport for free between Aethernet Shards (and the city's Aetheryte), and unlocking all of them in a given city allows you to teleport for free right outside of the city gates. You can teleport to any Aetheryte normally for a small amount of money.

Thanks! This was a huge help.

MechaX

Finished the story at like 3-4am at a friend's place, was playing quite shitty at the last trial but it all worked out.
Totally called Gosetsu and Yotsuyu surviving; but I am curious on what they are going to use them for in subsequent patches. Also, man, Yoshi-P was not kidding in saying that the Ascians are going to take a back seat in this one. Plus, it sucks because I am not quite sure what the Ascians or the Empire are going to even do in response to Ala Mhigo's liberation. Fuck, it doesn't even seem like the Emperor even gives a shit about literally everything that happened in this patch so far. I got nothing from the post credits scene besides "I guess the Emperor is going to continue is Echo research for reasons, and Elidibus probably wants to merge Hydalean and Zodiark because he clearly doesn't give a fuck about the rest of the Ascians."
Here's hoping that Return to Ivalice makes the landing bigly.

Also, in toying around with lvl 70 SMN for a bit, I guess I can eat crow a bit; seems like Bahamut really does add a lot to SMN's damage. I know threat tables aren't the best indicator, but I have had quite a few occasions where my aggro would just skyrocket when Bahamut was out. I am slowly unlearning my prior Aetherflow habits and it's not too bad, but it's still a bit clunky and boy can you get overwhelmed when too much stuff is going on (i.e., needing to do a lot of movement but you need to balance Bahamut but your own Aetherflow skills, dots are about to run out, swiftcast is down, etc, etc.).

My gut is telling me to level BRD next to see if I want to stick with that or SMN, but I know I probably should level RDM at a certain point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How do you configure those icons on the bottom right? The ones with the potion

I'm not sure what you mean Xero, they're just hotbars moved to the bottom right? If you want to adjust your layout go to the main menu (ESC), and then choose HUD layout.

Veggy

Just hit 70 on SAM, finished off the last job quest and figured I'd finish off MSQ but.....instance server is completely fucked

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So my account randomly "lost" my Stormblood activation, I used the same cd key I got when I pre ordered it, now it is re-activated. Should I be worried? I am back in with Stormblood activated and playing fine now, but that was really weird.
Isn't it related to early access? They had specialized codes for that and now the period for that is over, so the code for the full game needs to be registered.

Arkeband

Banned
Okay, Mirage Dive is pretty sweet. A free 200-potency instant cast after Jump/Spineshatter is a nice replacement for Phlebotomize.

ebil

Is dungeon finder dead right now?
It was sort of dead on Chaos but we've been able to trickle in slowly. It's probably heavily congested because roulettes just reset.

Edit: well "just" reset 2 hours ago but hey, everyone is doing everything so it's bound to take some time.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a feeling, that tonight is not a night for gaming.

no, seriously. it's impossible to log into ragnarok lol

RIP someone pulled the power bar cord and now I have to redownload the entire game on PS4. Thanks square Enix.

Ok, so it's not just me then! My power went out last evening while I was doing a roulette. It came back on earlier this morning and now I'm having to do the same as you. D:

Seijuro

I stumbled upon this - https://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5383&la=2&kid=76454&ret=main

I redeemed the game code included in my package before the fix on June 20th and only received Early Access. How do I get my full game entitlement?
If you redeemed your game code before 17:00 (GMT)/18:00 (BST) on June 20th and only received the Early Access entitlement, please contact the Support Centre to have the relevant entitlement added to your account via this form.

I tried to redeem my Early Access code after launch on June 20th, but I did not receive my bonuses. How can I get the bonus items?
If you pre-ordered the game but did not redeem your Early Access code by 17:00 (GMT)/18:00 (BST) on June 20th, you will need to contact the Support Centre in order to obtain your Early Access bonuses. The game code included in your package will remain valid for the FFXIV: Stormblood entitlement.

I didn't preorder, but the code that came in my box did only activate preorder-period (until today it seems). So my Stormblood activation is also missing. Now I'm still waiting on a support reply.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just finished the story, yay.
While the base SB felt solid, story and character wise I definitely preferred HW.

Anyone know of a good up to date layout/guide for Paladin(around lv 50)?

Since im on PS4 I really want to rework my hotbar considering my abilities are spread across 3 hotbar pages.
And its been so long im trying to figure out a priority/layout

Also general tips for stuff like the status effect abilities which im sure im not taking complete advantage of.

Haly

An Echo flashback! I thought the writers had forgotten about that ability.

Seems like Echo is going to be important again in this expac.

Thorgal

Don't worry. It is still there. I had the same problem when I fantasia and couldn't change either.

Once traffic slows down a bit and your character is visible again it will be there.

Pundere

Quick question: Do you guys tend to go into new trials/dungeons blind or do you watch videos/read guides first?

Also what's the opinion of RDM right now? I'm mostly hearing about SAM's crazy damage.

Haly

Quick question: Do you guys tend to go into new trials/dungeons blind or do you watch videos/read guides first?

Also what's the opinion of RDM right now? I'm mostly hearing about SAM's crazy damage.
Blind for normal content, I skim a video for Ex/Savage stuff.

RDM is fun. Really active and mobile.

B.K.

I always watched guides for Realm Reborn and Heavensward dungeons and trials, but I've been going in blind for Stormblood content.

gryvan

Definitely blind because the experience is more funner that way

Haly

I've already snapped up all the undervalued SCH is dead memes, just waiting for a peak to offload them for meme profit.

iammeiam

Still waiting to see raid content; nothing we've seen yet really moves the mark on where people thought WHM would fall short . The tuning on EX trials makes it tough to really tell, but so far it seems like SCH/Diurnal is still better rDPS than Noct/WHM. WHM is A+ personal DPS if let to stand there and spam rocks.

WHM's secret advantage in Omega may actually just be that Noct is way more fun than Diurnal.

The entire reason I rushed to cap was to get to everything as blind as possible.

The worst part of the technical difficulties was it ruining the 100% blind run. Mostly blind is still better than what I think people are getting now, but the people who got there first and started puking mechanics immediately upon zone-in are depressing.

I don't spoil your cutscenes I don't care about, don't spoil my mechanics. :(

Top Bottom