• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Driver (dir. Edgar Wright) |OT| All You Need Is One Killer Track

Dominator

I'm in the theater, it's about to start. I'm the only one here. Two guys come in, pick the row right behind me and sit down directly behind me.

Why. WHY.

I loved it. It's so well shot, so well directed. Edgar Wright has consistently made fantastic movies. I honestly wanted at least one more action packed car chase, but it's all good. I'll just watch it again haha

The World's End is the only Wright movie I haven't seen yet and it looked like a continuation of Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz but less good in every aspect. I'll check it out eventually of course.

Also if we're ranking

1) Hot Fuzz
2) Scott Pilgrim
3) Baby Driver
4) Shaun of the Dead

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I really dug it, I was toe tapping throughout most of it but the third act did feel like
it needed a prestige chase sequence, amping things up. The action to me flatlined a bit due to my own expectations which I can't really place on the film.
I was smilling ear to ear with the car chase scenes.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Want to see this so bad. I'm happy the reaction seems so positive.

Experien

I like The World's End more than Scott Pilgrim.

Fight me

The World's End
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz
Scott Pilgrim

Hopefully this movie is high on the list but after hearing a coworker talk about it, I am skeptical it is as good as critics are saying. Critics also claimed It Comes at Night was good.

What makes this movie good and worth it for me to go out and see? I've seen just slightly too much bad movies for my liking and I want to know what I'm gonna get into. The first trailer didn't do that much for me. Felt like they were trying too hard with the "baby".

I haven't seen The World's End yet, will probably do once I get back to school in August. I have a hard time ranking the other four though, I kinda want to put Baby Driver at number one but I've seen Scott Pilgrim like 12 times so I'll see if Baby Driver holds up as good for me after that many viewings. I'd probably go Scott Pilgrim > Baby Driver > Hot Fuzz > Shaun, and Shaun's the only one I have a problem with, I didn't really like the ending at all.

Wollan

Loved all the characters and their chemistry, the editing and camera was excellent. Not a direct chatty humor movie like the Cornetto trilogy but very playful and maybe the slickest creation by Wright so far.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos

Fight me

I feel more, Wright's take on Refn's Drive.

Simply put, I adore this movie.

Will probably go in more detail later, but this is tied for first as my favorite Wright movie. Favorite movie this year in memory. His best spectrum of characters and so many tastefully don't wright-isms.

Felt like a modern rock-opera/musical done right.
Mountain of cool and tons of style.
Loved it.

Is this a controversial opinion? The World's End is his best movie.

Hot Fuzz?

Drahcir

For the people that have seen it, I was just curious if the Commodores song "Easy" or the Sky Ferreira cover version used in the film?

The World's End
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz
Scott Pilgrim

Hopefully this movie is high on the list but after hearing a coworker talk about it, I am skeptical it is as good as critics are saying. Critics also claimed It Comes at Night was good.

It Comes at Night is the best straight thriller of the year though?

Anim

Saw it a few hours ago. The opening chase scene is masterful. On the whole I liked the first act the best - as the film went on it started to become a little shaky story-wise.

It doesn't detract from the experience too much though - the action and editing are on point throughout, so it's still a very enjoyable ride.

hydruxo

What makes this movie good and worth it for me to go out and see? I've seen just slightly too much bad movies for my liking and I want to know what I'm gonna get into. The first trailer didn't do that much for me. Felt like they were trying too hard with the "baby".

It's just pure adrenaline. The way the film is edited and synced with the soundtrack and the action is perfection. One of the most fun films I've seen in a long time.

Is this a controversial opinion? The World's End is his best movie.

tumblr_m6n7a1wSxG1qfoebs.gif

Edgar Wright's action scenes still blow my mind with how good they are. Great use of physical space, everything is very clear, it's just always so good.

I can't get over this movie it was so perfect.

Fury451

Banned
this is kind of a weird movie for me. I enjoyed it and would say it's definitely worth seeing, but I'm not really in love with it like his other films and I guess I'm not quite on the same wavelength as a lot of the critical praise for it.

That doesn't mean that it's poorly made or not an enjoyable watch or anything, which is what makes it weird to try to describe it. Not sure what about it didn't click for me, but it wasn't all the way there. Maybe like 75%.

Fight me

I'm not gonna fight you, World's End is better by a longshot.

About to see this. Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim are 2 of my favorite movies of all time. Here's hoping Baby Driver can stand with them.

Top Bottom