• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One March Update Impressions Thread [Now Available]

For Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 so far. However, everytime I click on Friends on either my phone or PC, the Smartglass app crashes. Just tried it on the older iPad version and it works just fine

Uninstall and reinstall, friends works for me now. It was broken after the update on my Lumia 920.

Haines

Banned
I'm super excited for twitch on one. Allow My dad to watch me play some games and good quality too

Exciting

RedAssedApe

Banned
How is the Twitch quality compared to PS4?

I'm super excited for twitch on one. Allow My dad to watch me play some games and good quality too

Exciting

I wouldn't want my parents to see me playing. They'd probably yell at me for cursing lol

Sipheren

Banned
I have the preview and today the store and what not aren't loading. Everything to the right of the main menu is gone, anyone else have that?

malfcn

Just updated to OS version 6.2.10698.0 (xb_rel_1403.140301.2200) fre, and no weird loading for me. Only scrolled through a few things and checked here and there. So sleepy, and now it is bed time.

Lucifon

Where you getting those stats from?.

I believe DF did an analysis of it a while back. The current situation (no doubt this will change in the future) is 1280x720 @ 30fps on Xbox which uses approximately 2.5 mbps, and 960×540 @ 30fps on PS4 which uses about 1.7 mbps.

ekim

Update officially releases today?
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1zhvkt/update_coming_march_4th_tomorrow/

Hey, so after an amazing redditor, itsdpad, gave us the heads up that Target broke street date for the Turtle Beach XOFours and had them on clearance at like $34 after tax, I went and got a pair. When I opened them, there was a card saying the update comes March 4, 2014. Not sure if this has already been said about tomorrow being the confirmed date for the update, but I thought I'd let you guys know regardless.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I just got another update. Haven't checked what it is yet though.

Edit: Ah, bug fixes and tweaks.

Party chat has totally stopped working for me. Friend's parties don't show up in 'friends', and when I try to join off 'party time', it just takes me to the 'start a party' screen.

Party chat has totally stopped working for me. Friend's parties don't show up in 'friends', and when I try to join off 'party time', it just takes me to the 'start a party' screen.

Do you have the update and they dont? You can only party up with people who also have the update.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My system is updating again for the 3rd time. Not sure if its another beta or a public release.

xb_rel_1403.140301-2200

Klocker

got the updated early release candidate this morning...

going to check to see if they fixed the resume game issue

Klocker

geez.... Resume game is still broken edit.. (for Thief)... from standby mode in this release, that sucks...

worked great prior to the early release...

edit... worked for forza 5, not for thief, will try a few other games
also gonna try a cold reboot and see if that helps..

edit 2... btw, boots up fast as hell now from standby

edit 3... worked in AC4 too! after not working in last release

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Sucks that resume games isn't fixed. Been a pain having to keep loading up Thief with the long ass load times it has.

I had no problems with it in public releases even though that was still assigned as beta.

Do we have a list of fixes in this update? I still can't access the forums on Xbox.com lol.

Edit: Why the fuck doesn't Xbox One allow Paypal still? I don't want to use a damn card to buy things.

Haines

Banned
Hope the public update comes soon but if you guys say it still has issues my guess they push it to day of titanfall

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Resume Game is now working for me. Anyone having an issue do a power cycle reset to clear cache. Might work as it did for me.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Sucks that resume games isn't fixed. Been a pain having to keep loading up Thief with the long ass load times it has.

I had no problems with it in public releases even though that was still assigned as beta.

Do we have a list of fixes in this update? I still can't access the forums on Xbox.com lol.

Edit: Why the fuck doesn't Xbox One allow Paypal still? I don't want to use a damn card to buy things.

?

Add paypal to your MS Account and you can use it on XBO.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
?

Add paypal to your MS Account and you can use it on XBO.

It is and shows up on Xbox.com and Xbox 360 but every time I want to buy something on the Xbox One it never lists it and only says 'Add a new Credit/Debit card.'

Edit: Ok this is weird, so in the My Billing under settings it has my Paypal account listed but anything I try to purchase online when it gets to the purchase screen it doesn't offer Paypal.

This has been like it for a long time not just under the beta preview.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
It is and shows up on Xbox.com and Xbox 360 but every time I want to buy something on the Xbox One it never lists it and only says 'Add a new Credit/Debit card.'

Edit: Ok this is weird, so in the My Billing under settings it has my Paypal account listed but anything I try to purchase online when it gets to the purchase screen it doesn't offer Paypal.

Dunno, when i buy something I can change the billing type from the credit i have saved to paypal. =\ Been there since launch.

derFeef

I have the same problem, but only for US. Works fine with Europe region.

The paypal and cc is region specific. You need to add the paypal to the specific region to make it show up there.

EDIT: and yes the paypal needs some sort of payment info on it to be valid for Xbox payments. Otherwise you can't add it at all.

mbmonk

Just checked my messages and realised I had an invite in my inbox from two weeks ago.. hah.

One thing I just thought of that I think would be a great addition is Friend nicknaming/tagging.

After adding a few people from GAF I realised that whilst I know where they added me from, I might forget. And there are always those few friends on your list from a year or so back that pop up or you invite them and forget how you know them. This is the internet after all, you make new friends, sometimes you drift apart, such is the world. It'd be great if you could remind yourself who is who (especially when Gamertag's are often so obscure) with a custom tag. Similar to how Steam lets you nickname people completely, only maybe not so extreme.

So you could tag anyone from GAF with 'NeoGAF' or someone from Reddit or wherever, and it'd show up next to their GT. Or if you got chatting with someone whilst shootin' it up on CoD and added them, you could tag them as CoD Ghosts, and in a year you'll remember that you became buddies through CoD. Of course your real life and close friends you don't necessarily need to tag because you aren't likely to forget them but even so you could use it and tag them with their nicknames if you so choose.

Just my suggestion. I don't know if there is an actual place to submit ideas to Microsoft but please enlighten me if you know. I wondered whether or not to make a thread about the idea but it isn't really worth it so here seemed the most logical place to post it.

Agreed

Xone9

Banned
if you get any update, let it finish, then goto home, and then just hold power button for 10 secs..

all the quirks should be cleaned out... (like bf4 not loading)

JaggedSac

Pretty cool feature was added to Xbox Music today. If you are listening to a song it will play the music video instead of the slideshow of pictures. Pretty neat in my opinion. I often play a playlist during parties and this will kick it up a notch.

Top Bottom