• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] New massive Summer sale (500+ items)

Tailzo

Is PS prices down? I wanted to check the price history for Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. Might buy it for Vita.

Link_enfant

Bought Thumper, will double dip when it's on sale on Switch.
Can't wait to finally try this!
Always I'm very tempted by Inside, as it got really good reviews.

JJShadow

Help me decide GAF, I have in my basket at the moment:

- Cosmic Star Heroine (£6.19)
- INSIDE (£6.49)
- Oxenfree (£3.99)
- ABZU (£5.79)
- The Witness (£6.99)

I have £15 PSN credit, so I'd like not to spend more than that. Which one would you pick?

xrnzaaas

Is PS prices down? I wanted to check the price history for Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. Might buy it for Vita.

Yes they often have problems with too many visitors when a new sale is announced. Should return to normal in a while.

nudal

Neo Member
Tempted to get Odin Sphere Leifthrasir but it's kinda disappointing when it comes to the lack of cross-platform support between the Vita and PS4.

Does anyone know if the game still holds up to today's standard? Last I heard is that it feel incredibly clunky compared to something like Muramasa.

FDC1

It's currently 4,99€ but beware, it's part of last sale which finish tonight, it will raise back to 19,99€ tomorrow

liquidtmd

Banned

- INSIDE (£6.49)
- Oxenfree (£3.99)
- ABZU (£5.79)
- The Witness (£6.99)

I have £15 PSN credit, so I'd like not to spend more than that. Which one would you pick?

Witness and Oxenfree for now, soak them in and keep £4 aside

aravuus

Oh shit, looks like Grand Kingdom and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir are also about 50% off. They've been sitting on my wishlist for quite some time now, maybe I should just buy them now.. They worth it for someone who usually plays RPGs for the stories and worlds and characters, but can also appreciate good gameplay?

- INSIDE (£6.49)
- Oxenfree (£3.99)
- ABZU (£5.79)
- The Witness (£6.99)

INSIDE and Oxenfree for sure, though I admit I have yet to play any of the others.

But those two are fucking fantastic.

WITHE1982

Fantastic sale on PSVR.

I was looking at more stuff to use with my Aim controller and can now grab Brookhaven and Dick Wilde for a grand total of £15.

I can also finally play Thumper.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

- INSIDE (£6.49)
- Oxenfree (£3.99)
- ABZU (£5.79)
- The Witness (£6.99)

I'd say Witness for sure, and Inside if you like atmosphere and visual storytelling, Oxenfree if you want mystery and actual dialogue. Both Inside and Oxengree are great though.

Eridani

So, I wasn't particularly sold by Memories of Celceta, so would I find Ys Origin more enjoyable? My main issue was that I didn't really enjoy the combat or level design.

Celceta is pretty widely considered as one of the weakest Ys games, particularly because of the combat. Origin is considered as being among the very best action RPGs ever made, and (together with Oath in Felghana) as the best the Ys series has to offer.

I'd say there's a fair chance you'll enjoy it more.

Tailzo

Oh well, bought Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, Citizens of Earth and Hatoful boyfriend for psvita, all for just under 100 NOK.

Can't believe how alive my Vita has been even after getting the switch. Great little system with still so many games I have not bought yet.

Tailzo

So, I wasn't particularly sold by Memories of Celceta, so would I find Ys Origin more enjoyable? My main issue was that I didn't really enjoy the combat or level design.

Your taste might be different for mine. I got Memories of Celeta for Vita, and really enjoyed it. Then again I also loved Ys Seven. But I later bought Ys Origin for Steam, and while I like the combat, I just can never play it for too long at a time. And it's just sitting there in my library. Not sure why. I'm not sure you would like Origins if you didn't like Celeta.

For myself though, maybe I just needed to have it portable.

edit: Sorry, double post!

GeNoMe

Vita owners! If you haven't already? Get Muramasa rebirth: Complete edition.
The price offered almost feels like stealing! Great value for the money spent!

Feed your Vita NOW!

J_Ark

I'm interested in The Witness but i don't know if a controller is suited for the genre. Anyone who has played it?

SxP

Too much good stuff here.

I will definitely buy Cosmic Star Heroine, and maybe The Witness and Chime Sharp as well. I'll wait for another sale for Mirror's Edge Catalyst, as there's probably a good change that'll go on sale again before I get the time to actually play it.

Majora

I'm interested in The Witness but i don't know if a controller is suited for the genre. Anyone who has played it?

It's absolutely fine with a controller. It doesn't ask anything demanding of you at all, in terms of controller inputs.

- INSIDE (£6.49)
- Oxenfree (£3.99)
- ABZU (£5.79)
- The Witness (£6.99)

Inside's story is wholly unsatisfying. The game is essentially a series of disconnected set-pieces strung together by the barest of narrative threads, so keep that in mind. For me the game felt random as hell, and it was disappointing as a result. The majority of players seem to be okay with it though.

ABZU is content being a rehash of Journey. Beautiful to look at and listen to, but it doesn't have the emotional resonance of thatgamecompany's classic. It's also essentially a walking simulator underwater, which doesn't feel right because there's nothing linear about the ocean.

Haven't played the others. Would like to though.

Staf

Some great stuff here. I'm returning to Syndicate now, might as well get the season pass on the cheap. Is Ghost Recon Wildlands any fun as a singleplayer experience?

Jimrpg

- INSIDE (£6.49)
- Oxenfree (£3.99)
- ABZU (£5.79)
- The Witness (£6.99)

The Witness is a fairly long game - i think its about 25-30 hours. It's great!

Cosmic Star Heroine also looks interesting to me, so I'd get those two.

Tried to buy Silent Hill the other day and it was giving me the "your payment may not have gone through" error. Sony is so stupid, I've literally never had this issue with another store. Apparently their address field is incredibly fussy and if you get it wrong they block your card for 48 hours or more. Could've picked up Vice City Stories too if they had sorted out their shit.
Don't think I can say no to the Witness at that price even though I'm dumb as rocks
As much as people say it's a game about drawing lines, it challenges you in a variety of ways. You will excel in some areas and hit walls in others. But you can always just move on to a different area and still progress. If you are the type of person who does not know when to give up easily, or has to 100% games then the Witness is hard to recommend. Don't go in blind because it is a very polarising game. One of the best of last year in my opinion even if I came away feeling quite unsatisfied overall. It's a game that is less than the sum of its parts.

its mad max worth 13 euros ?

I played that a while back and got it for abut £7. Its a 30+ hour games that contains about 6 hours of fun shit to do then you just repeat. I had a lot of fun in those first 6 hours but as soon as it started to just be the same thing over and over I dropped it like a rock (my friend who played through it confirmed it is just the same thing over and over).

So It could totally be worth 13 euros depending on your taste amd what you want out of it.

Top Bottom