• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unintentional Sexual Tension in Fiction

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
e5c.gif

Guts and Griffith

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Batman: Under the Red Hood - The Thread

Seriously, watch it with the assumption that Bruce, Dick, and Jason are all in love with each other and it 100% works down to individual lines of dialogue.

For a minute I thought Dinah and Diggle from Arrow were about to do something. When the scene was just the two of them you could see it.

It would have been ridiculous, but it's Arrow. Shit like that can happen.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Oliver Queen totally would bang his sister

this shit was really distracting during the first season or two

eventually the actors got a handle on it and stopped looking like they were going to leap across the table onto each other

Kadayi

Banned
Oliver Queen totally would bang his sister

^ On point.

this shit was really distracting during the first season or two

eventually the actors got a handle on it and stopped looking like they were going to leap across the table onto each other

I'm a few seasons behind, but it was hard to escape the fact that it felt like they'd happily go full Lannister at a drop of the hat.

There was a Disney show that got cancelled because the leads had too much sexual tension, and they were supposed to be playing siblings. Can't remember the name.

EDIT: Life With Derek. That's it.

I remember thinking the exact same thing. Technically she was his stepsister IIRC and they weren't really raised together so it was actually plausible that feels could get caught but Disney was like "nope".

Goodstyle

How the hell do you read sexual tension between the two leads of whiplash? jesus christ

It felt like a DomSub relationship a lot of the time.

Also, the Jon/Sansa thing is more than just them being hot. The way their dynamic unfolds feels very reminiscent of a will they/won't they type deal in other stories. Just watch the recent episode again through the view that they're not related. It's obvious.

bengraven

Sometimes I'm watching 2 characters interact on a show and I get the sense that they want to bone, but I also know that the writers 100% do not want to convey this.

Number one example is Jon and Sansa in Game of Thrones, but there are others. Like in Whiplash, Miles Teller and JK Simmons' characters.

It's so obvious to have JonSa.

Top Bottom