• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

Social

I guess I'll wrap it in a towel for now if I ever have to carry it with me... Haven't been convinced of the need yet in my case.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
One of these:

81OXrmOjfaL._SY679_.jpg

I've gone for this one :
204860-L-LO.jpg

I prefer the look over the official one and you also get some game cases...

Both are official Nintendo products, according to my retailer...? Is that false? Both are listed on Nintendo's Swedish site. The travel case clearly looks more useful, but is actually cheaper, so I don't really get it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Zelda Master Edition case here... there seems to be some concern that it will be too large, but I always carry my handhelds in my backpack which has plenty of space, so shouldn't be an issue.

Also, I don't have to buy a Hori gamecase either since the Zelda case holds a bunch of carts. I might not need a separate game case for a year or so.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, already preordered. Nice that it comes with a screen protector too. Perfect to start with.

This. Clean and simple. I don't like any cases branded with game artwork, logos or the like.

Why not this?

From what I can tell it's also an official case, and is clearly more useful. You can't even carry any game cards with the other one, right? Guess it's probably a bit slicker because of it, but yeah.

I've got the Zelda Special Edition case coming, but as I plan to use the Switch primarily as a handheld, I may invest in one of these screen covers regardless for ease of use around the house without leaving the screen exposed, so I don't have to slip it in and out of the zippered case if I just want the device lying around on my desk while charging.

I'm going for a tempered glass protector if they are out promptly. If not I'll probably use a liquid armor screen protector of some kind. I've been using it on my S7 Edge because I can't get a tempered glass screen protector and it's been great. They aren't as cheap as a decent off brand tempered glass one long-term. But it's like 20 for a 4 pack and they last about a year per application.

spekkeh

Banned
I got this one preordered. I hope it's not too big, but it's the only one I feel comfortable with to put in my messenger bag and have that bare screen get jostled around with all my stuff.

BIGBEN-Nintendo-Switch-Deluxe-Travelcase-(Zelda%3A-Breath-of-the-Wild)-Zwart

I was going to pre-order this one, but it has no room for game cards. I guess you could lay them down flat under the console. Saying that i don't think i would use it much as a portable, but more as a storage thing when I'm not using the switch for long periods of time.

Jerm411

I've gone for this one :
204860-L-LO.jpg

I prefer the look over the official one and you also get some game cases...

This is the one I'm getting as well...have the same case for my NES Classic and my OCD would not allow me to get anything else lol.

It's not about that for me, it's resale value. I've had my iPhone in a case and screen protector since day 1 so when I sell it on upgrade I'll get top price because it's in mint condition.

Plus, it's slippy as hell out of the case! I've almost dropped it both times it's been out of it.

iPhone screens dont scratch though, unless you take a knife to it.

Glix

Just this and my bag

5729902cv12d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

I have this preordered (I'm worried you can't dock with it but I will be playing undocked a large % of the time so its okay)

In addition I have the Zelda collectors edition which comes with a case for the entire system.

the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-01-12-17-1.jpg

Why not this?

From what I can tell it's also an official case, and is clearly more useful. You can't even carry any game cards with the other one, right? Guess it's probably a bit slicker because of it, but yeah.

I believe it's made by the same company as the NES Classic case, which is really quite nice.

I have an occasional habit of buying game systems after they crash, so I picked a Lynx up with a case and some games for around sixty bucks a couple decades ago. Turns out that the switch is pretty close in size (save for being a crazy percent thinner!), so I'm going to pop it into one of these and maybe clip it to my belt with a carabiner, something like that.

killroy87

The one that comes with Zelda SE. It's not sexy, but it's staying in my bag.

I want the Nintendo one, but I wish they had shown off what it looks like inside (are there extra compartments for games, etc?)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Argos had a funky looking Mario one which seems to have gone AWOL which I had my eye one, but I thought I'd take a wait and see approach and wait for some verdicts to come in.

Chorazin

The one that comes with Zelda SE/ME. When they showed it off on the Treehouse Stream it looked like it was quality!

w0s

Wow that image was huge. The PDP one that is on the first page is the one I have preordered.

I am, indeed, one of the "lucky bastards" mentioned in the OP. That's the main reason I decided to grab a special edition pre-order.

rbenchley

Nothing. The Switch will be a home console for me. If I go on any trips and decide to take it with me, I'll consider picking one up.

I have an occasional habit of buying game systems after they crash, so I picked a Lynx up with a case and some games for around sixty bucks a couple decades ago. Turns out that the switch is pretty close in size (save for being a crazy percent thinner!), so I'm going to pop it into one of these and maybe clip it to my belt with a carabiner, something like that.
Lynx Virtual Console would be pretty neat... or at least a port of Chip's Challenge

ZZMitch

If it fits in the little Club Nintendo pouch that I got a few years back (meant for DS) then I will use that.

6584146841_702eebba5b_o.jpg

Top Bottom