• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

tiijj

I'm going with the hori. Because the inside has a groove for the joycon.

oMjCHFn.jpg
Ahxd0J2.jpg

WadeitOut

I've gone for this one :
204860-L-LO.jpg

I prefer the look over the official one and you also get some game cases...

Likewise. I cancelled my order on the official one to get this one. Looks better, is sturdier, and has more space.

But ultimately I am never carrying it without putting it in a backpack.

Definitely the one that comes with the Zelda Master Edition. I'd invest in a sleeker looking one if I would be travelling and playing in public places, but I'll mostly bring it when visiting family.

WadeitOut

Is it confirmed that one has no place for game cards? I wouldn't have preordered it if I had known that!

The official one holds five carts. It not holding any has developed into an urban legend just because people couldn't wrap their around around the notion that the flap propping it up on the box picture could also have slots to hold carts.

Lorcain

I've gone for this one :
204860-L-LO.jpg

I prefer the look over the official one and you also get some game cases...
I pre-ordered this one too. I have a 3ds xl case that has the same material on the outside. I like that it's durable, doesn't pickup smudges or fingerprints, and has a textured surface that's easy to hold. The game cases are a nice bonus.

Kurt

I like to have also one for one more joy-con set, (now that we know that joy cons can charge the switch battery for longer play sessions)

I've had Hori pouches for my 3DS and XL, and they've always served me well, so I'm sticking with the Hori Tough Pouch for my Switch.

Peltz

Is there anything out there as rugged as this case is for the Vita?

I use that one for the Vita because it has no clamshell design, and even without a screen protector, the screen has not a single scratch on it.

I'm looking for one that is just as rugged for Switch considering I'm planning on throwing it in a bag for transport and I hate screen protectors of all kinds.

Bullza2o

I'll have the Zelda Master/Special edition case, but I'm still debating if I should get a screen protector or even a screen cover.

SickBoy

The screen protector is the big reason I preordered Nintendo's own case. I hate screen protectors, but feel like it's maybe something I should have, especially because my kids are likely to play a decent amount with the Switch.

So if I get Nintendo's screen protector, put it on and hate it, at least it was just an "included" item rather than throwing away $10 or whatever on a third-party protector.

rockx4

I'm debating if I want to buy the black PDP one over using the Zelda SE case... it looks so tacky. I like simple designs for cases.

ctfg23

Hybrid cover, official case, and Zelda SE case.

Also maybe slightly off topic, but is there a completely idiot proof way to apply a screen protector? I never use them on any of my devices because I always fuck up the installation and end up with a spec of dust or something underneath, but would like to use one on this.

Wikzo

I am also going with the official one. However, I recently found a messenger back which contains a smaller carry case as well. Ironically, it's cheaper than the official carry case (at least here in Denmark).

bdf20d38-7ff9-46fc-879b-393ac04ac7ef.jpeg

4ee42a15-fc6b-47e6-bce6-d237e0baf711.jpeg

53836e57-1a45-4680-9c88-74eac59fc00a.jpeg

The official one holds five carts. It not holding any has developed into an urban legend just because people couldn't wrap their around around the notion that the flap propping it up on the box picture could also have slots to hold carts.

To be clear this is the case you're talking about for the "official" one?

Where do you see that it has space for 5 games? I love the outside and thinness of it, but no games slots means no buy. I'm not going digital so taking at least some game cards with me is important. Right now I'm considering this case below that no one has yet mentioned and is similar to the white "Link Tunic" one mentioned above.

Available at GameStop
307741_440x350.jpg

307740_440x350.jpg

307739_440x350.jpg

307742_440x350.jpg

Top Bottom