• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

WadeitOut

1) Quote your images people.

To be clear this is the case you're talking about for the "official" one? Where do you see that it has space for 5 games?

2) The official Case holds 5 games. It says so on the official description on the Japanese page.

3) The Sheikah Slate case is going to hold the title for fugliest Switch case for the foreseeable future.

jblank83

Waiting on the waterfield case.

I'm sure it'll be as classy as their 3DS case.

cityslicker-gaming-nintendo3dsxl-brown_grande.jpg

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/nintendo-3ds-cases/products/nintendo-3ds-xl-cityslicker-case

I'm already dreading putting on that screen protector.

Get a Hori screen protector instead. They've nailed down the process so well that it's really hard not to put it on well. I may get the official case, but ditch the screen protector and will use a Hori one instead. Seriously, they've really really nailed down how to do it make it easy to put it on bubble free.

I'm going with the hori. Because the inside has a groove for the joycon.

I don't quite understand. What does the groove have to do with the joycon over any other case that stores the system and joycons?

suaveric

To be clear this is the case you're talking about for the "official" one?

Where do you see that it has space for 5 games? I love the outside and thinness of it, but no games slots means no buy. I'm not going digital so taking at least some game cards with me is important. Right now I'm considering this case below that no one has yet mentioned and is similar to the white "Link Tunic" one mentioned above.

Available at GameStop
307741_440x350.jpg

307740_440x350.jpg

307739_440x350.jpg

307742_440x350.jpg

As far as I can tell, this is the same case that comes with Zelda SE, it just has a different design on the outside. The SE one is borderline ugly, I'm really debating on dropping that preorder it just get a more normal case from somewhere else.

routerbad

Banned
A backpack with a padded area for electronics.

I have an OGIO RSS 2.0 backpack. This thing comes with me everywhere and carries a lot of stuff I use for work and play. It was my riding bag for my motorcycle, and I still carry it with me in the car everywhere I go.

jrcbandit

I'll probably use the Zelda limited edition case unless I decide to sell it. However, I'll definitely get a tempered glass screen protector before I take the Switch anywhere. Just need some reviews to make sure it works fine with dock, etc.

_PsiFire_

I would love to get the RDS case but I can't find a place to order it in Canada. Amazon won't ship it to Canada and it's not on the Canadian shop.

I'm getting the Hori Tough pouch and screen protector.

b3b0p

There was a thread recently that the company that made those really nice 3DS cases (Waterfield, I think) is planning on making Switch cases. The prices are higher, but I like what they do and I think I want to go the premium route this time.

I've owned a number of the Waterfield Designs products. Probably over $1,000 worth in total by now.

They are high quality, but that doesn't necessarily translate to functionality and protection. I've replaced them all with equal or better quality products that cost less and are more functional. All ranging from small cases for my electronics to bags and laptop sleeves/cases.

I'd honestly stick with the Hori or anything Nintendo official.

TriGen

I'm using the Sheikah one that comes with the Zelda Special/Master editions in NA.

It's not really a big concern for me, though, as I don't really take my handhelds out except during trips where I'll be gone for a few days at least. I don't have a daily public transit commute or anything. Glad the special edition comes with it though as it's nice to have something for those moments and it wouldn't be worth it for me to splurge on something too serious like those messenger bag ones -- though they look cool.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The official one holds five carts. It not holding any has developed into an urban legend just because people couldn't wrap their around around the notion that the flap propping it up on the box picture could also have slots to hold carts.

What picture? I'd be inclined to switch (lol) to the official case if I could understand how it works, where you store the games.

tiijj

I don't quite understand. What does the groove have to do with the joycon over any other case that stores the system and joycons?

Most of the cases i've seen or at least from the pictures available anyway, the back is flat but if you look at picture of the switch, the back is not flat. There's a curvy part where the SL/SR buttons are. In theory the groove with hold it properly while the flat back might rubbed on the curvy part.

At launch, I'll probably just rock my Zelda Master Edition case.

At some point later I'll probably get one of those age-appropriate ones from PDP or something.

XxCGSxX

My preorder for the pdp case on amazon says that I'll be notified when they have an estimated delivery date. When I try to preorder any other case it says the same thing. Are these things backordered or something?

spekkeh

Banned
To be clear this is the case you're talking about for the "official" one?

Where do you see that it has space for 5 games? I love the outside and thinness of it, but no games slots means no buy. I'm not going digital so taking at least some game cards with me is important. Right now I'm considering this case below that no one has yet mentioned and is similar to the white "Link Tunic" one mentioned above.

Available at GameStop
307741_440x350.jpg

307740_440x350.jpg

307739_440x350.jpg

307742_440x350.jpg
Goddamn lucky Americans. You get the Sheikah slate special edition and this one, and we Euro peasants have to make do with Big Ben stuff.

WadeitOut

What picture? I'd be inclined to switch (lol) to the official case if I could understand how it works, where you store the games.

The flap you see being used as a stand. In multiple pictures, already in this thread. That flap has the same little elastic holders for carts that a dozen other cases have. Basically exactly the same as the Hori tough pouch.

Top Bottom