• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I cannot get over this 271 hump. Every engram I decrypt is 265. The only milestones I have left are nightfall/raid and crucible.

Edit: read the previous page, looks like i'm screwed until other milestones open up.

Hello friends, is it a good idea to infuse an exotic dupe helmet into a legendary helmet in currently using? I already have an exotic armor piece currently equipped

edgefusion

Hello friends, is it a good idea to infuse an exotic dupe helmet into a legendary helmet in currently using? I already have an exotic armor piece currently equipped

That is a perfectly good idea. It's not like the old days when you'd get an exotic shard for dismantling it, all you're missing out on is a couple extra purple crystal doofers.

DNAbro

I don't think there is a single raid weapon that I've tried that I dislike. They all feel really good. I remember being so disappointed in Taken King that everything sucked. Visually these weapons are awesome too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't think there is a single raid weapon that I've tried that I dislike. They all feel really good. I remember being so disappointed in Taken King that everything sucked. Visually these weapons are awesome too.

Raid Weapons > Trials Weapons except for Prosecutor. Ditto for Gear.

Trakan

To keep guns interesting, what if they did "seasons" on the static rolls on legendaries? Every so often - 1 month, 3 months, whatever, they put out a new static roll on every legendary in the game. That way people have a ton of time to acquire the current version, yet it keeps the game interesting because a new different roll may potentially exist at some point and be worth pursuing. There's no rng to get frustrated at, you get the new weapon with the new perks.

DNAbro

Raid Weapons > Trials Weapons except for Prosecutor. Ditto for Gear.

I haven't really given Trials an honest chance yet so I haven't got to test any thing. I do love the Raid gear though. Only need chest piece and helmet on my Warlock to complete the set.

Zereta

To keep guns interesting, what if they did "seasons" on the static rolls on legendaries? Every so often - 1 month, 3 months, whatever, they put out a new static roll on every legendary in the game. That way people have a ton of time to acquire the current version, yet it keeps the game interesting because a new different roll may potentially exist at some point and be worth pursuing. There's no rng to get frustrated at, you get the new weapon with the new perks.

This is a good idea.

DNAbro

How long does it take to complete a raid?

If everyone did everything perfectly like an hour.

If it's your first time there is a learning curve. Even if you "know what to do" by watching a video, doing it for the first time is significantly different. With a random group it may take like 4-7 hours.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

But People will still mainly use Mida in PVP if things don't change. And people will gravitate towards what is considered good by the community regardless if there are other options.

I haven't really given Trials an honest chance yet so I haven't got to test any thing. I do love the Raid gear though. Only need chest piece and helmet on my Warlock to complete the set.

You can just look up all the trials gear. Looks really subpar compared to raid gear. I felt the year three Trials had way better looking stuff and they could use ornaments which made them more special.

Barzul

If everyone did everything perfectly like an hour.

If it's your first time there is a learning curve. Even if you "know what to do" by watching a video, doing it for the first time is significantly different. With a random group it may take like 4-7 hours.
Damn. That’s hardcore lol.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Is there a way to start planet specific Strikes or is it random from the playlist?

I'm trying to do the Raid weapon quest and the EDZ strike did not register after completing it.

Mindlog

Keeping one of everything in my Vault for the inevitable Bungie; "Hey you liked using that now stop."

Some of the adventures are pretty neat. Just wish we could choose our own difficulty level. These things feel tuned to be very forgiving and I don't feel like fiddling with my armor.

DNAbro

Is there a way to start planet specific Strikes or is it random from the playlist?

I'm trying to do the Raid weapon quest and the EDZ strike did not register after completing it.

quest strikes are on the planet themselves. Also that one is like power level 300 and it's presitge nightfall tier.

cilonen

Hmm.. maybe rares from Strikes and Nightfall then. the rares from the world and public events cap at 260 or i’m only getting low ones because i’m 266?

It's tied to your light level. They scale all the way up to 300 but there are bumps or soft caps folks run into every 20 levels or so starting at 245.

DNAbro

Whoo made it to 300 power. I never felt like I was forcing myself to play at any point to get this far. This "grind" felt really good to do. I got there just by playing. Only a small climb left.

Perineum

I'm a 294 warlock on Calus. Does anyone need me to help complete final boss of Raid? I know all mechanics outside and inside.

PM me if you need me to run last boss now.

cucuchu

I'm at 288 LL and have only attempted the raid once and that was primarily against Calus. (Almost got him but people had to leave). I am a little concerned that by this time next week, it will be hard to find a raid group unless you have cleared it already or are extremely well-versed with the entire raid. I am already seeing people asking for no raid newbies when filling out their raid group. (PS4)

Barzul

Looking to complete the Nightfall strike and get the gear reward....if anyone needs one more. PSN - TheBurning007. Really need the gear reward from this.

E92 M3

So tired if seeing nothing but MIDA in multiplayer.

What nerfs do y’all think the gun is going to get?

Your logic makes zero sense. Why nerf a balanced weapon? Maybe think about how the maps have long sightlines or how other weapons need to be brought up.

I cannot get over this 271 hump. Every engram I decrypt is 265. The only milestones I have left are nightfall/raid and crucible.

Edit: read the previous page, looks like i'm screwed until other milestones open up.

Milestones, exotics, Raids, AND legendaries that drop with legendary mods

Jblanks

LF3 for fresh raid. None of us have experience with this one but were all above 290. Experience is preferred but not required. Don't have to beat the whole thing tonight just want to do some damage.

LF3 for fresh raid. None of us have experience with this one but were all above 290. Experience is preferred but not required. Don't have to beat the whole thing tonight just want to do some damage.

If you don't mind another Raid noob, I'd gladly join you. PL 289, haven't touched the raid, but have watched some tutorial vids to get the lay of the land.
PSN: Carb0nFire

Your logic makes zero sense. Why nerf a balanced weapon? Maybe think about how the maps have long sightlines or how other weapons need to be brought up.

No, other weapons are fine. Mida isn't that OP to begin with but it IS better than other weapons noticeably. High RoF, high caliber rounds (causes flinch), fast firing and recoil doesn't effect it so you can spam away as soon as you hit with no regard.

At the very least it needs HCR removed, like it ended up having done in D1.

Kaji AF16

My Titan (which will presumably become my main character) has reached a limit at 286. For the last few days, I have been only getting rares and legendaries at 276. I have only the Trials, this week´s Nightfall and the Raid left to do, so I presume I won´t rise my power level until I try those "ultimate" activities.
I left my Hunter and my Warlock at 274 each, with a lot less hours invested.

Destiny 2 has been relatively dissapointing to me in terms of story, lore and general design, but I am thankful to it because it managed to reunite almost all of my old, 360-era gaming friends.

No, other weapons are fine. Mida isn't that OP to begin with but it IS better than other weapons noticeably. High RoF, high caliber rounds (causes flinch), fast firing and recoil doesn't effect it so you can spam away as soon as you hit with no regard.

At the very least it needs HCR removed, like it ended up having done in D1.

It is completely in line with other weapons in terms of ROF and TTK:

3gSXRBU.png

It is completely in line with other weapons in terms of ROF and TTK:

3gSXRBU.png

I didn't say it was out of line with RoF and TTK.

Paper stats and real world effect are two different things. The high RoF + HCR + recoil being meaningless means that Mida beats every other gun in a heads up gun fight with all else being equal.

Remove HCR and it's still top tier without spamming flinch being a guaranteed win.

Top Bottom