• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Release Date Accidentally Leaked

MrMatt555

DPJ5ibx.jpg

STRAIGHT INTO MY VIENS

OMG haha. I can't stop looking at this and laughing.

Percy

Banned
The Guardian is a leftie lie factory, don't trust them!

I don't believe it'll arrive that soon though, seriously. Late 2015 is my guess.

InsuRn

It really seems to me that the game is scheduled for Q3 2015 (September is my guest), but I would like it much sooner :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
COMING 1984:

4-1 = 3

9+8 = 17

17 March 2015 confirmed :p

Sn4ke_911

No, the Guardian didn’t leak Metal Gear Solid 5′s release date

Did the Guardian leak MGS 5′s release date last week, asks the internet? No, says the Guardian

An apparent leak of Metal Gear Solid 5′s release date by the Guardian was a “subbing mistake,” the paper’s games editor, Keith Stuart, has told VG247.

The date of March 27, 2015, appeared at the bottom of a Hideo Kojima interview posted last Friday.

Keith included the date as a placeholder but the piece went live before it was changed. The Guardian asked Konami for an official update after publication and was told “early 2015″. Stuart changed the article accordingly.

The story spread quickly, as is the internet’s wont (it popped up again on Reddit this morning). But now you know: it was an error.

Metal Gear Solid 5 will release on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. You’ll just have to wait for the date.

Wrong. The date was March 17, 2015 and NOT March 27, 2015.

A "placeholder" date so specific? sure Keith. If you ask me that's damage control but we'll see.

Edit:

2014-07-2313_33_12-tw8asre.png

Does the march date fit within their fiscal year projections of when they expect the game to release? Last I remember it was at the earliest April 2015 it could release, possibly slip into 2016.

Sn4ke_911

Does the march date fit within their fiscal year projections of when they expect the game to release? Last I remember it was at the earliest April 2015 it could release, possibly slip into 2016.

Well if that is true what Leo said on stream (check the OP) MGSV Q4 2015. Then the game must come out in march at the latest.

I just don't know if he was talking about the real Q4 of 2015 or Konami's fiscal year...

Spiegel

FY2015 ending March 2015 or possibly slip into FY2016 ending March 2016.

That's too soon, my body isn't ready. I need to wait for this game longer.

Me either. I was hoping Uncharted 4, MGS V, and Zelda 9 (along with a few other big games) would all come out in November in one of the most glorious months in gaming history.

Seriously though, it would be amazing if it came out in March though, but the game still feels really far off to me for some reason.

Wouldn't TGS make more sense?

Maybe. I just see Metal Gears main audience being international and not majority Japanese at this point in time. The marketing of the game has also been very western focused, so I would imagine that the international shows are more suited for those announcements now.

I could be totally wrong of course. But we will see.

Maybe. I just see Metal Gears main audience being international and not majority Japanese at this point in time. The marketing of the game has also been very western focused, so I would imagine that the international shows are more suited for those announcements now.

I could be totally wrong of course. But we will see.

A lot of that is true, but it's really hard to say when and where this game makes an appearance. Last year, we got about thirty minutes of Ground Zeroes gameplay at TGS while the game wasn't even mentioned at Gamescom. Hard to say where we'll see it this year!

Sn4ke_911

A lot of that is true, but it's really hard to say when and where this game makes an appearance. Last year, we got about thirty minutes of Ground Zeroes gameplay at TGS while the game wasn't even mentioned at Gamescom. Hard to say where we'll see it this year!

Yeah but i hope this tweet is a strong hint for Gamescom.

2014-07-2212_59_18-twoskuk.png

"Are you coming to GamesCom?"

That debunking article is actually an extremely promising confirmation that early 2015 is still an expectation and a target for konami

March 17th was probably the off-the-record internal date. They must be a bit gun shy about committing to that though. Maybe that's contingent upon seeing MGO this week in the states

Am I the only one who remember this Playable Demostration of MGS4 released in august 2007? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6DAr9YXdf8

MGS4 final release date was 10 months later of this video, on 12 june 2008, but it was originally scheduled for march 2008 if i remember correctly from my MGS4 Limited Edition bonus disc (Kojima and Korekado "showdown"...) so if the Live Demo of MGSV showed at E3 2014 stays to MGSV as the Playable Demostration stays to MGS4 as I think the release window of The Phantom Pain should be in febraury 2015 or max june 2015 if there's no more problems like the ones during the MGS4 development process...

In other words,

Coming in 1984 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPhWR4d3FJQ

You'll understand someday the meaning behind the ending of this post... maybe...

Sn4ke_911

Am I the only one who remember this Playable Demostration of MGS4 released in august 2007? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6DAr9YXdf8

MGS4 final release date was 10 months later of this video, on 12 june 2008, but it was originally scheduled for march 2008 if i remember correctly from my MGS4 Limited Edition bonus disc (Kojima and Korekado "showdown"...) so if the Live Demo of MGSV showed at E3 2014 stays to MGSV as the Playable Demostration stays to MGS4 as I think the release window of The Phantom Pain should be in febraury 2015 or max june 2015 if there's no more problems like the ones during the MGS4 development process...

In other words,

Coming in 1984 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPhWR4d3FJQ

You'll understand someday the meaning behind the ending of this post... maybe...

Kojima said he doesn't want to see a delay happen again so this time when we get a release date for MGSV he makes sure it will come out that day.

Kojima said he doesn't want to see a delay happen again so this time when we get a release date for MGSV he makes sure it will come out that day.

I hope it's soon. Like at the very least early 2015 soon.

Why are there some people out there who think that it would be impossible for this game to release at the end of this year? MGSV has been in development for a long time [since the completion of MGS4 in 2008] - and one of the main selling points of the Fox Engine to make it possible for developers to develop multi-platform games with a significantly shortened development time.

It's ironic that it's taking so long, given the initial mission statement about the engine. ;)

As long as it's good, I suppose the wait will be worth it.

Sn4ke_911

Well, the game release could be closer than we think.

I will just copy myself from the MGS community thread.

Yeah guys the game is just around the corner. Konami just released an article to refresh everyone's mind of the events what happened and are relevant to TPP.

2014-09-0217_05_18-koozreg.png

From John to Venom: The Story of Metal Gear Solid

With Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes already released and The Phantom Pain on its way, you will soon be able to witness the transformation of Big Boss into a man fueled by revenge.
For the newcomers who want to understand MGS history, or the veterans who want to rediscover Big Boss' legacy, here's a summary of the events that lead to Metal Gear Solid V.

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/posts/From-Jack-to-Venom-The-Story-of-Metal-Gear-Solid

2014 release it is. TGS release date announcement confirmed.
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

Jigorath

Banned
So in the first 3 months of the year I'll be playing Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, The Order 1886, and Metal Gear Solid V?

My God.

Liamc723

Well, the game release could be closer than we think.

I will just copy myself from the MGS community thread.

Yeah guys the game is just around the corner. Konami just released an article to refresh everyone's mind of the events what happened and are relevant to TPP.

2014-09-0217_05_18-koozreg.png

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/posts/From-Jack-to-Venom-The-Story-of-Metal-Gear-Solid

2014 release it is. TGS release date announcement confirmed.
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

This doesn't mean the game is coming this year at all, it's just grasping at straws.

Late 2014 would be fucking bonkers. Would save what's otherwise a pretty bland year for me since a good chunk of stuff I was looking forward to got delayed into next year.

It's going to release in 2015.

legacyzero

Banned
No WAY this game releases in 2014. That's not like Kojima to release a game that quick. Doesn't even MGS come with like 1-3 delays? :p

I'm callin March '15

So in the first 3 months of the year I'll be playing Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, The Order 1886, and Metal Gear Solid V?

My God.

2014 sweatn'
That's a crazy list for the beginning of the year

Only way phantom pain releases is if konami rushes it out, Christmas /holiday money

With the amount of trailers and the recent reveal of the PC version and all the hype, I can't see it being far off. Either later this year or early 2015 I'd say. No way it's more than a year off yet.

Top Bottom