• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Release Date Accidentally Leaked

Krakn3Dfx

KoopaTheCasual

It really hasn't been in development that long, it started after the DS1 DLC was finished, and they're making a next-gen leap, and it's a new IP, and that team has a history of profound technical shortcomings, and Sony has The Order for early '15.

There's no reason not to delay it really.
While that's true. There's no "need" to delay it, or guarantee that they will. If they're targeting Q4 of the fiscal year, then so be it.

Lingitiz

It really hasn't been in development that long, it started after the DS1 DLC was finished, and they're making a next-gen leap, and it's a new IP, and that team has a history of profound technical shortcomings, and Sony has The Order for early '15.

Add to that Sony having MLB usually ready for the end of March, and it seems unlikely that they'll release two first party games in the same month, even if they have different audiences. May seems like a good spot for Bloodborne.

This post is very confusing on a new page! I see now you're talking about Bloodborne.

jschreier

Why does everyone think this is a leak as opposed to just a mistake? Why would the Guardian have this information when nobody else does? Why would they keep it a secret?

UrbanRats

To be honest i'd be surprised if it comes out after the summer of 2015.
I mean, it'd be 3 E3s with a MGSV appearance, which is beyond silly.

KoopaTheCasual

Why does everyone think this is a leak as opposed to just a mistake? Why would the Guardian have this information when nobody else does? Why would they keep it a secret?
I'm actually more swayed by Snake and Slowdive's testimony than what the Guardian posted. But I'm generally optimistic anyway *shrugs*

TriGen

That would be pretty awesome. The earlier I can play MGSV the better. Also, that's like one month after TW3, a very nice 1-2 punch.

Morts

Even if this is the release date right now it's far enough a way to not matter. They still have eight months to delay it.

An early 2015 release for MGSV:TPP seems logical and very, very likely.

Honestly, I can't imagine what else Kojima Productions has left to do to finish this game that would take another year.

Akiller

A year later GZ, it'd really nice.

Oh well, if it isn't going to be on March, it will be on May or June(like MGS4).

DPJ5ibx.jpg

STRAIGHT INTO MY VIENS

Jachaos

Persona 5, Splatoon, Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V, Bloodborne, The Order 1866, Xenoblade X, Batman Arkham Knight... there's so many GOTY 2015 contenders that I just now see might be released in the first half. And there'll be Super Smash on the eve of that year, the greatest game you could have to lead into 2015. I am not worthy. How is it physically possible for such a high amount of awesomeness to be released onto the world in such a quick succession?

Slowdive

Banned
Dave Scammell (Videogamer.com) on Twitter:

David Scammell ‏@VG_Dave 20m
Regarding that March 17 rumour, Konami rep tells me that it has "never attributed any date" to MGS V: The Phantom Pain

Foffy

Banned
The game looks far along that this can indeed be the case...

I mean, it's a cross-gen game, and doesn't seem to be in development purgatory like Final Fantasy XV is.

Dominator

That little pamphlet in Ground Zeroes say early 2015, so I expected around March. I can't complain if its true, I just hope I'm done with The Witcher 3.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well, looks like development is going pretty well otherwise Kojima wouldn't waste time on his weekly Kojima Station episodes. So i think a march 2015 release is definitely possible.

Well, looks like development is going pretty well otherwise Kojima wouldn't waste time on his weekly Kojima Station episodes. So i think a march 2015 release is definitely possible.

They just want to troll you by showing Solid Snake figures on the show -- the game is coming 1984! :)

Team Sn4ke_911

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There should be a gif of Snake screaming (from the end of the E3 2014 trailer) with text that reads "HAYTEEEEEEER!!!"

leuhkik0usb9.gif

Haha yeah, that needs to happen. Surprised nobody did it already.

Speaking of Hayter he finally got a hair cut and doesn't look like a hobo anymore.

Bsw8r9vCAAAuFWl.jpg

You know what that means, right? he's back!
leuhkik0usb9.gif

should be on the one year anniversary of ground zeroes

i bet the limited collectors edition will have download code for ground zeroes, do it Konami

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
So beginning of next year is: Batman: Arkham Knight, The Order: 1886, Bloodborne and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain? I guess the drought is officially over.

I always assumed that the reason they were avoiding announcing a release date was because of how possible and likely a delay would be.

This is probably a target date they previously set but don't want to announce because they might blow past it.

Seems to be about what was already expected, but I'm personally expecting a delay to after summer. November maybe. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by an earlier release date than that.

R-User!

Haha yeah, that needs to happen. Surprised nobody did it already.

Speaking of Hayter he finally got a hair cut and doesn't look like a hobo anymore.

Bsw8r9vCAAAuFWl.jpg

You know what that means, right? he's back!
leuhkik0usb9.gif

"Looks like the elevator in the back is the only way up."

Chhem

Even if that's the current projected date who's to say it's not gonna get pushed back due to delays. Like every other game this year.

Top Bottom