• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Release Date Accidentally Leaked

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

Late 2014 would be fucking bonkers. Would save what's otherwise a pretty bland year

Or - maybe Sony talked with Kojima and he revealed that MGSV:TPP was targeting a late 2014 release window; so they shelved a few titles to early next year to allow MGSV the maximum hype and selling room.

I still think it is a distinct possibility this might be coming out this year around Fall.

Watch it happen lol.

or not. :(

Bloodborne, Batman, and Metal Gear Solid. Damn, my PS4 is gonna be busy early next year

I'm still debating on a PS4 since the only game I want on it is Bloodborne, but if I do get a PS4 it looks like I'll be doubledipping on MGSV and Batman even though I have a PC capable of running both.

MGSV ON PC THOUGH.... ~UGUUUUUU~

I'm stuck between wanting to play it on PC, but also wanting it on the PS4 due to not having to lug my PC to a TV and hook up a DS4 to it. I want to play on the biggest TV we have in the house lol, not my relatively amazing 25 inch PC monitor.

I gotta be all up in that Venom Snake.

Ambition

I'm still debating on a PS4 since the only game I want on it is Bloodborne, but if I do get a PS4 it looks like I'll be doubledipping on MGSV and Batman even though I have a PC capable of running both.

MGSV ON PC THOUGH.... ~UGUUUUUU~

I'm stuck between wanting to play it on PC, but also wanting it on the PS4 due to not having to lug my PC to a TV and hook up a DS4 to it. I want to play on the biggest TV we have in the house lol, not my relatively amazing 25 inch PC monitor.

I gotta be all up in that Venom Snake.

I understand, I also own a gaming PC. My reason for buying MGS of PS4 for though is more for for the sake of consistency.

I haven't really thought about this game much. But, just reading a seemingly legit release date got me fucking hyped. Can't fucking wait. Should be wrapping up Witcher 3 just in time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This doesn't mean the game is coming this year at all, it's just grasping at straws.

Sure but why would Konami release that article now? it would be smarter to release that closer to the release.

It's definitly possible the game comes out 2014.

Oh and im on phone but Kojima posted at Gamescom a scan from a magazine which said "Q4 2014"

WARP10CK

Banned
May be real I swear there was another discussion about another leak here on gaf that said the release date would be annouced at TGS this september. And March 2015 does sound quite possible.

May be real I swear there was another discussion about another leak here on gaf that said the release date would be annouced at TGS this september. And March 2015 does sound quite possible.

I can't see this releasing any further than March unless there is some major delay for technical reasons. Also I hope we get a nice collectors edition.

March 2015 sounds about right. It looks pretty far along and has been in the works for long enough, but I can't see it releasing less than a year after Ground Zeroes, especially if the point of Ground Zeroes was to give them a cash infusion to finish TPP.

I'm prepared to eat glorious crow when a 2014 release date is announced at TGS

Ephemeris

Sure but why would Konami release that article now? it would be smarter to release that closer to the release.

It's definitly possible the game comes out 2014.

Oh and im on phone but Kojima posted at Gamescom a scan from a magazine which said "Q4 2014"
My body isn't ready though!

The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight AND MGSV all in Q1 is crazy. IF I get a PS4 by then, I'll get Bloodborne as well. That is just a ridiculous line up, possibly the best Q1 in gaming ever.

Top Bottom