• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Solo

So is it finally time for our gutless Captain to get called out for the soft, floating, invisible perimeter player he is?

1 point in 6 games (and none in the last 5) so far while getting top minutes. Funny how no demotions occur when he is involved. Huh.

Meanwhile, his 22 year old linemate, playing centre ice full time for the first time? JOE has 5 points in those same 6 games.

imBask

Banned
So is it finally time for our gutless Captain to get called out for the soft, floating, invisible perimeter player he is?

1 point in 6 games (and none in the last 5) so far while getting top minutes. Funny how no demotions occur when he is involved. Huh.

Meanwhile, his 22 year old linemate, playing centre ice full time for the first time? JOE has 5 points in those same 6 games.

5 goals in the last 30 games btw

Pikma

Banned

Maybe he's injured, he has to be

imBask

Banned
If that's the case he's "injured" 75% of every season lol. Of course he has that other 25% of the time where he streaks and scores a gazillion goals, but I'm frankly tired of his Houdini act.

I think trading him might hurt us because he's still a goalscorer and we don't have anyone to replace him in our prospect pool, but at this point I don't care anymore

IF he's getting traded tho, now's the time. His contract is insane, and it's still good for one more full season after this one. His worth is at it's absolute peak right now

My issue is that we're going to trade him for another one of those instead of picks and prospects, which is what we need realistically

Cat Party

I just want to thank Montreal for making the Sharks look good last night and I think it would be great if they took their frustrations out on the Kings tonight.

calder

Why? He's a player like any other. If he's the leader in the room I don't see why he shouldn't be captain.

They are explicitly prevented from being captains (or alternates) because the main on-ice purpose of the captains is to have a designated player to discuss things with the refs so it's not just 20 guys yelling all the time.

Having a goalie wear a C was annoying because it led to too many stoppages if the goalie had to skate down to talk to the refs every time someone wasn't happy with a faceoff or whatever. Also teams used it deliberately to slow the game down to be like a fake timeout.

Not surprised people living in Vancouver don't want to buy Canucks tickets. Gotta save every penny when that city is so stupid expensive.

The arena is actually in a really good spot: downtown and close to transit. It's just that no one wants to spend money to see a losing team.

The Whitecaps (MLS soccer) have cheaper tickets, a more engaged atmosphere, and are at the top of their conference right now. They have no problems selling tickets.

Giving so much of a shit about who's captain is stupid

As a Wild fan who constantly hears about how bad a captain Koivu is and how Parise should be the captain, I cannot agree with this any more.

If the guy is a leader and is someone others will listen to and play for, it doesnt matter whether or not they have a C, an A, or nothing at all.

Snaku

Banned
Anybody picked up or tried on an Adizero jersey yet? Step up from a Reebok premier? Worth it? Been eyeing picking up the new Panthers jersey since last season just to have it, and I can get a premier on clearance for $80. Wondering if it'd be worth the extra $100 for the Adizero.

Quick

Banned
Anybody picked up or tried on an Adizero jersey yet? Step up from a Reebok premier? Worth it? Been eyeing picking up the new Panthers jersey since last season just to have it, and I can get a premier on clearance for $80. Wondering if it'd be worth the extra $100 for the Adizero.

Probably not worth the extra cash tbh. I'd go for the Reebok Premier jersey for $80 for the same design as the current $200 Adizero jersey.

The cool thing with the Adizero jersey is the fact that it's the authentic jersey vs. the Reebok being a replica.

Premier jersey on the left, Adizero on the right.

thumb.aspx
hwl

Marvie_3

Banned
The nice thing about the Adizeros is that everything is stitched and embroidered from the front logo to the shoulder patches. The reebok premiers have heat pressed logos on the front. Both the front crest and shoulder logos are a lot cheaper feeling on the reeboks. Adizeros have slightly higher quality material but they have the stupid looking collars.

mdubs

Banned

Made me remember the old headline

b5ae4bddcb.png

:lol

Cake Boss

Banned
Legit talk, would MTL be in a better position with Pierre McGuire or Bargain Bin as their GM?

For one, they would have probably still have Subban and not Weber's 25 year contract.

"I'm not a racist but here's literally one of the most racist takes you could ever have."

Oh man, he triples down too

Faber described monuments commemmorating the U.S. Civil War military leaders of the Confederacy, which were at issue in the protests, as “statues of honorable people whose only crime was to defend what all societies had done for more than 5,000 years: keep a part of the population enslaved.”

imBask

Banned
Legit talk, would MTL be in a better position with Pierre McGuire or Bargain Bin as their GM?

For one, they would have probably still have Subban and not Weber's 25 year contract.

Pierre has some weird ideas too and he seems high on garbage players that would've been great in the 80s

but yes

Top Bottom