• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Sephzilla

Joe vs Owens happened in NXT and honestly it kind of sucked

EDIT: Also I'm gonna bring this over into the February OT

Ladies and Gentlemen, the GAF WRESTLING FEDERATION is back!

What is the GWF?
WrassleGAF members compete in simulated matches in WWE 2k17. It's a fake wrestling, only faker. It's purely for fun and something we can all laugh about.

How do I enter?
Send me, Sephzilla, a PM with the following information. Then I will create a wrestler NeoGAF Sports Entertainer in game for you. Just be warned that I might take a few creative liberties with your appearance and entrance. Also, I'm going to try to keep movesets mostly simply (aka, mostly movesets of existing wrestlers), because otherwise it will take an eternity to make everyone.
-- Who's your favorite wrestler. This will help me determine what your wrestler's move set will be. I'd probably prefer if you name an active one though. Preferably a WWE one too. Just because it makes assigning moves easier for me. But if you hate making it easy for me, name some obscure guy.​
-- What is your finishing move?​
-- Do you want to be a face (good guy) or heel (bad guy)? Note: This can change over time​
-- What is your GAF avatar? This will help with what your appearance will be​
-- Any other miscellaneous information you want included, like if you want to tag team with someone​

Is anything else involved?
Beyond entering? No. Just show up to watch! Maybe have some fun little smack talk too.

Where will we be able to watch this?
On Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/sephzilla
There will likely be Youtube archives as well

Can I tune in even if I'm not in it?
Absolutely. We need to see who's actually a draw around here!

When will we be able to watch this?
I'm tentatively planning on this being a once a month event type deal. Doing it weekly might ruin the novelty of it, plus there's already enough weekly wrestling to watch. I'll let you know when the first GWF show will happen and then we'll go from there.

How are matches/booking determined?
Any joking smack talk between GAF members could provoke a match at a GWF Special Event! I don't have influence over how WWE 2k17's shitty AI works, so the winner/losers are random and unpredictable.

Misc. Information
I'm probably going to cap the size of GWF to 20 or so people, at least for now, because if it gets too big it might get hard to manage. I'm going to take overflow entrants though, so fear not. Also, I don't mean to sound exclusive, but I'm probably going to give preference towards WrassleGAF members who post more frequently versus lurkers when it comes to making the roster. Consider that incentive to post more! We're good people!

Should I take this stuff seriously?
No, this is for fun!

I like how people instantly jump on Seth saying it was his fault he got injured.

was Tyson Kidd also at fault for getting injured against Joe?

I think it's pretty clear from the gif that Seth didn't do a lot to help himself in that situation. With all his flailing and turning he seems to go down at a weird angle. I defended him after the Cena, Sting and Balor injuries, but looking back now I do feel that he can be unsafe.

Zach

Move in now move out
Flail up now flail down
Back up back up
Tell me what you're gonna hurt now

Keep Rollins Rollins Rollins Rollins

Anth0ny

HHH doesn't really have a realistic opponent if Rollins is out for Mania

you know what that means

Lesnar/Goldberg/HHH triple threat

Sephzilla

Move in now move out
Flail up now flail down
Back up back up
Tell me what you're gonna hurt now

KKe6Vtw.gif

It makes you think about the sacrifices they do for our entertainment.

Sure, they are well paid, but just the top of the top. How many wrestlers are out there betting their health for pennies?

Fake my ass. The entertainment is real, and the sacrifice too.

The way he's been moving the last few years, I thought he was have gotten the surgery already before he went back on camera.

Sephzilla

Eh, short match, cut for an hour of TV and ended in a no contest. It wasn't horrible, but they can do better.

I just remember that whole mini-feud they had kind of sucking. Admittedly though, Joe's NXT run in general kind of started off slow and then he caught on fire.

Hasney

I just remember that whole mini-feud they had kind of sucking. Admittedly though, Joe's NXT run in general kind of started off slow and then he caught on fire.

Yeah, he had to cut some of that TNA not using him ring rust and extra weight.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He can just not have a match at WM... not sure why you'd need to force one

(This is just a work though, he'll be there at WM pls Seth)

Kaladin

Joe vs Owens happened in NXT and honestly it kind of sucked

EDIT: Also I'm gonna bring this over into the February OT

Ladies and Gentlemen, the GAF WRESTLING FEDERATION is back!

What is the GWF?
WrassleGAF members compete in simulated matches in WWE 2k17. It's a fake wrestling, only faker. It's purely for fun and something we can all laugh about.

How do I enter?
Send me, Sephzilla, a PM with the following information. Then I will create a wrestler NeoGAF Sports Entertainer in game for you. Just be warned that I might take a few creative liberties with your appearance and entrance. Also, I'm going to try to keep movesets mostly simply (aka, mostly movesets of existing wrestlers), because otherwise it will take an eternity to make everyone.
-- Who's your favorite wrestler. This will help me determine what your wrestler's move set will be. I'd probably prefer if you name an active one though. Preferably a WWE one too. Just because it makes assigning moves easier for me. But if you hate making it easy for me, name some obscure guy.​
-- What is your finishing move?​
-- Do you want to be a face (good guy) or heel (bad guy)? Note: This can change over time​
-- What is your GAF avatar? This will help with what your appearance will be​
-- Any other miscellaneous information you want included, like if you want to tag team with someone​

Is anything else involved?
Beyond entering? No. Just show up to watch! Maybe have some fun little smack talk too.

Where will we be able to watch this?
On Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/sephzilla
There will likely be Youtube archives as well

Can I tune in even if I'm not in it?
Absolutely. We need to see who's actually a draw around here!

When will we be able to watch this?
I'm tentatively planning on this being a once a month event type deal. Doing it weekly might ruin the novelty of it, plus there's already enough weekly wrestling to watch. I'll let you know when the first GWF show will happen and then we'll go from there.

How are matches/booking determined?
Any joking smack talk between GAF members could provoke a match at a GWF Special Event! I don't have influence over how WWE 2k17's shitty AI works, so the winner/losers are random and unpredictable.

Misc. Information
I'm probably going to cap the size of GWF to 20 or so people, at least for now, because if it gets too big it might get hard to manage. I'm going to take overflow entrants though, so fear not. Also, I don't mean to sound exclusive, but I'm probably going to give preference towards WrassleGAF members who post more frequently versus lurkers when it comes to making the roster. Consider that incentive to post more! We're good people!

Should I take this stuff seriously?
No, this is for fun!

PM sent.

It's my fault. I said elsewhere yesterday that of course they would do the Joe match at FastLane because why would they push Seth/HHH at Mania off for a third year

And now it's getting pushed off anyway, so guess we have one match confirmed for Mania 34!

miserable

Tell me how many people Joe has injured vs how many people Seth has injured(including himself)

I don't know the total number of people Joe and Seth injured, all I know is they each put one wrestler in retirement, the difference is one of those was a 55 year old part timer, and the other was 34 year old active wrestler.

And one of them got a pass for it while the other one was (and is) vilified.

Caderfix

Otunga: What is it that Carmella sees in James?

JBL: What does Jennifer sees in you?!

JBL's redeemed for everything bad he's ever done. 10/10

Zach

So, keeping with the Limp Bizkit theme, would that mean Seth Rollins' favorite song is Break Stuff?

Limp Bizkit theme?? What have I done??

Hey, Sephzilla, remember our draft?:

#TeamZach

1. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. It's Bayley!
3. Rusev
4. American Alpha
5. Samoa Joe
6. Sami Zayn
7. The New Day
8. Asuka
9. Alexa Bliss
10. The Revival
11. Roman Reigns
12. Dean Ambrose
13. Finn Balor
14. Kalisto
15. Dana Brooke
16. Dolph Ziggler
17. Hideo Itami
18. The Vaudevillains
19. The Authors of Pain
20. Emma

#TeamSephzilla

1. AJ Styles
2. Kevin Owens
3. John Cena
4. Enzo & Cass
5. Seth Rollins
6. Cesaro
7. Sasha Banks
8. Becky Lynch
9. The Wyatt Family
10. The Miz
11. Baron Corbin
12. Breezango
13. Charlotte
14. Chris Jericho
15. Neville
16. Apollo Crews
17. Triple H
18. The Social Outcasts
19. The Club
20. Eva Marie

I still feel like I won even though none of you RAW-watching buffoons agree!

Catching up on the LU to Netflix rumors. Does anything think this has any impact on the product lasting? I feel like LU should have gone with a OTT option from the beginning to generate hype and money.

Take Shane off the card and somehow get Styles vs HHH on the card. Not a big fan of brand mixing for matches but both guys need a top match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PWInsider.com has confirmed that Rollins is currently down in Birmingham, Alabama being examined, so the injury is legitimate. The severity of it cannot be confirmed at this time.
It's a rag though.

That said, if he managed to injure himself in a fucking headlock then it's just karma.

shaowebb

7NgNgsi.gif

Anyone catch how Charlotte's mouth got bloodied? Also the hell good did it serve to give Charlotte another PPV win and to confiscate "Hugger Section" signs from fans?

Sephzilla

Charlotte's mouth got bloodied because she's a Flair and it's in her DNA to bleed during a match.

Edit: Did they really confiscate Hugger Section signs?

Top Bottom