• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

I'd honestly be scared of copycats now. Was there a spike in school shootings immediately after columbine?

Dude, not the time. You should a) not be speculating, b) not be generalizing and c) wtf should fasting have to do with terrorist attacks.

Can we please NOT turn this into anything religious here? wtf.

As I said, I shouldn't be speculating. They said that suspects looked Indian. I'm still baffled at why someone would go out equipped with automatics and grenades. It's messed up all around.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I shouldn't be speculating for no reason but starting today it's the month of fasting for Muslims. I hope these fuckers didn't take it to the extreme and take out an entire negative meaning out of this.

Regardless, these people need to be publicly executed (after getting caught and their motives clear). I'm still furious at this shit and cant sleep.

Yeah, you should not. So why are you ?

DarkFlow

Banned
I do, actually. It was a stupid thing to bring up in this thread but to act like one tragedy ends the internet is ridiculous. I feel for the people who are involved in this horror but being spiteful on an internet forum doesn't help them in the slightest.
No it does not end the Internet, but if your priority is more about a movie then human tragedy then you might want to work on that. I'm just a little more sensitive I guess because I've had more then a few friends die while I was in Iraq. So don't think I'm just being a prick and I'm sorry if I come off that way.

squidyj

A worker at the mall I think. Janitor maybe? I think they are sweeping it now.

someone had a janitor at gunpoint? who had him at gunpoint then?

I thought they said they found a guy who wasn't someone they were looking for, which was like... some OTHER nutjob with a gun running around in the same area, wtf?

LowParry

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

2FK2

K.Sabot

You guys bringing it up are shitting the thread up just as bad.

Terrible incident, I wanted to see this tomorrow, but this just spoils the experience.

Nevasleep

Dude, not the time. You should a) not be speculating, b) not be generalizing and c) wtf should fasting have to do with terrorist attacks. Can we please NOT turn this into anything religious here? wtf.
Everybody's just analysing the facts as they come in, and discussing what may have happened and their motives.

MIMIC

Banned
I've always been confused by that. Because sometimes you hear fatality and casualty used interchangeably

Yeah. I remember specifically learning the difference during the extensive Iraq coverage back in 2003. Nonetheless, as soon as I hear it, I automatically think "death"...and then I have to remind myself that it might be just an injury

Sinoox

Banned
Woah man I live in Aurora Colorado! Probably went to this theater too no doubt. Now I really want to hear whats up.

bangai-o

Banned
you guys just keep on quoting the comment andkeep on talking about it when you could have just let it die on that very page.

dejay

Banned
This is awful. I've never listened to police scanners before - it's interesting in a morbid manner.

I'd honestly be scared of copycats now. Was there a spike in school shootings immediately after columbine?

I did my own little study once and graphed such incidents. There certainly seems to be clusters of these events, suggesting that people on the edge of doing this kind of thing are inspired by other incidents in the media.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Everybody's just analysing the facts as they come in, and discussing what may have happened and their motives.

Saying "oh he was Indian and I've heard Muslims are having a religious fasting month now, I hope they didn't take their religion to the extreme"

What kind of thought process is that oO. It's like saying the suspect is white and it's near christmas so he must be a KKK member. wat.

anyway, god I hope MSNBC is right but my hopes are small. I have friends from the area who went to watch a movie, trying to figure out what theatre they went to goddamnit.

Because kids wouldn't had to be part of this attack if the restrictions were stronger for such a movie.

Bad argument, it's something totally unrelated to the PG rating of the movie, and "you can't watch this movie because there might be a shooting"... eh wat?

this is going to suck for the hopes for this film now wtf

sad that people cannot even have fun in the US anymore without assholes

I feel bad for the families

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Holy crap, this is crazy. Kinda glad that I live in Denver and never attend midnight screenings anymore. Those poor victims =(

Watching CNN now. The spokesperson of the University of Colorado Hospital isn't able to confirm any deaths yet, only injuries. Hipaa laws and whatnot

rCIZZLE

I don't even know what to think about this. Hopefully the news stations have been misinformed and it's a lot better than it sounds now. Why would anybody target a midnight showing of a superhero movie of all possible events? If there really were as many deaths as are initially reported then no punishment can fit the crime. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom