• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Turns out I did receive those EX tickets and totally forgot I used them. No surprise when they were entirely forgettable pulls. Support even listed the time and all the units I got from them. Lol.

I've been flagged now I bet. Probably think I was trying to pull one over on then.

NomarTyme

Do you make more money selling them or selling their rewards at this point?

Sell the coins straight up.

Turns out I did receive those EX tickets and totally forgot I used them. No surprise when they were entirely forgettable pulls. Support even listed the time and all the units I got from them. Lol.

I've been flagged now I bet. Probably think I was trying to pull one over on then.
lol.

robotuw

Gumi support:
C0MYp.gif

Alkez

Congrats to both of you on your {Galka}!

Thanks dude!

So I just enhance one defensive dance and one offensive dance right? Then alternate them forever?

Yup that's pretty much it. I did the attack and defence ones. I always use defence first so I mainly picked attack for one shot stuff (like raids other than this one) and the defence debuff.

What do you guys think we're getting this week? We've hit the point where we have no idea anymore, all the predictable stuff has released. All I know is interest will drop in the masses quickly if they keep doing this random garbage banners.

I'm hoping it's the units that came with the JP Noctis banner. Gromm, the 3*, has a lightning greatsword that I need for my 2Bs to be complete (and why I wanted Weirei).

It'll probably be some "Intern's Choice" bs with Queen, Lightning, Nine, Meliadoul, Eight, and Summer Lid because screw you, but who can say?

Actually, I say they surprise everyone and release a second raid. Give us FFXIV and make use choose where to spend our orbs. Nobody will expect that shit.

LOL

Sell the coins straight up.

How much do you get for them? Isn't it better to summon and get the gil snappers?

NomarTyme

Thanks dude!

Yup that's pretty much it. I did the attack and defence ones. I always use defence first so I mainly picked attack for one shot stuff (like raids other than this one) and the defence debuff.

I'm hoping it's the units that came with the JP Noctis banner. Gromm, the 3*, has a lightning greatsword that I need for my 2Bs to be complete (and why I wanted Weirei).

LOL

How much do you get for them? Isn't it better to summon and get the gil snappers?

Nope, not with my last summons from the last 3 days. You get 50 gils per coin. I can make close a million gils a day. I already crafted all the equipments and have plenty of king mini cactuars.

Yeah hard to say. Gumi has completely thrown out any sense of a regular schedule. It could be a nothing-week with or without an edited Noctis banner to best match what JP got. It could be the FFXV mog king event. It could actually be the Ayaka story event since we haven't had one of those recently either. I'd be most excited for a global-exclusive event and it's been ages since one of those hit. It'll probably be some "Intern's Choice" bs with Queen, Lightning, Nine, Meliadoul, Eight, and Summer Lid because screw you, but who can say?

Actually, I say they surprise everyone and release a second raid. Give us FFXIV and make use choose where to spend our orbs. Nobody will expect that shit.
Oh yeah, Kingsglaive probably isn't far off, good point. Could be an opportunity for the Noctis buff (which I'm personally very excited for and hope they do the TM too) or maybe they keep his Japan banner for it. I know none of us have any idea, it's just something interesting to speculate about haha
I'm hoping it's the units that came with the JP Noctis banner. Gromm, the 3*, has a lightning greatsword that I need for my 2Bs to be complete (and why I wanted Weirei
I still think that banner would make the most sense to dump Balthier out since we obviously already have Noctis. Since we need his buff, might stay the same but it's not like he has to be on a banner for a buff.
The Brave Exvius update video says we're getting Ayaka early October, so I guess it'll be the first event of that month (October 6th)

Oh...nooooooooooooooooo ahem, that's only like an extra week or so haha That would be great if she's the first banner in October. Just please keep it so she's the only rainbow on it.

I am slightly concerned they are going to adjust the cost of the going rate for raid coins during maintenance this week. Did they do that during Ifrit? Can't remember if they did but I'd like to sell as much as i can.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I'm 130/130 on friends.

Will let you know if any spot opens.

NomarTyme

I am slightly concerned they are going to adjust the cost of the going rate for raid coins during maintenance this week. Did they do that during Ifrit? Can't remember if they did but I'd like to sell as much as i can.
I doubt it. Although we will reach a peak, so mightaswell do it now!
I'm 130/130 on friends.

Will let you know if any spot opens.

Cool!

Oh man did not know that the 1st 10 unit trials has a awesome staff! dual white magic? holy fuck. Refia can put this to good use, she can be really tanky because you can take out dual cast.

Managed to get myself to a point where I can survive each turn against Marlboro. Using Tilith for healing, Rikku for LB spam (dual wield Aigaion Arm, Override and moogle TM), WoL for provoke, Soleil for massive 120% all buffs.

That's what makes me survive each turn, but I can't manage to deal any real damage to Great Malboro.

At turn 10 now but ready to quit because little shits are at 60% but big momma is still at 99%..

Don't really have any good AoE chainers so I'm using Orlandeau with Pod53 and brining a friend, that way they can chain enough to fill Rikku.

How do I hurt this stupid cigarette?

Edit - Killed on turn 12. Rikku got paralyzed. Dead at that point.

Ugh, seriously, fuck this trial. I hate it so much.

robotuw

Does this raid have a trial coming next week? Wouldn't mind a version of the fight I actually have to think about and don't have to repeat dozens of times a day.

wilstreak

So, with 10 man trial in the horizon, does that mean i need to double the amount of my essential TMR like Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, Quick Assault, etc.

Currently only have 1 Genji Glove and 2 Dual Wield. The only innate DW that i have is Lightning. And since mage also use Dual Wield nowadays, how many Dual Wield TM do you guys think adequate?

Safe team will likely composed with 2 tank, 2 healer and 6 combination of attacker (can be chainer/finisher, attack or magic). So we need 6 DW?

*minus 1 for Olive owner

Rixa

So, with 10 man trial in the horizon, does that mean i need to double the amount of my essential TMR like Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, Quick Assault, etc.

Currently only have 1 Genji Glove and 2 Dual Wield. The only innate DW that i have is Lightning. And since mage also use Dual Wield nowadays, how many Dual Wield TM do you guys think adequate?

Safe team will likely composed with 2 tank, 2 healer and 6 combination of attacker (can be chainer/finisher, attack or magic). So we need 6 DW?

*minus 1 for Olive owner

Dunno about 6. I won't farm or of those, in 2020 we can buy dual wields / dual casts from King Mog events.

Few examples, units without dw that could be good for 10mt:

- Ashe no need for DW
- Zyrus no need for DW

Generally mages don't need DW and most have DC inbuild (Exdeath for example). For newer players Problem might be that they only have 1 tank (if 2 is needed, not sure you need more than 1).

I think in these 10mt you need to think over your TM's. How to bulid non dupe 10 man party that can do things without having 10 dual wields.

As for older player with shitton of TM's I was thinking something like this, if 2 tanks 2 healers is needed:

Tanks: Wil & Wol (or Cecil for heals?)
Healers: Ref & Ysh
Utility: Rikku, Fire Veritas (Inspire 80% ATK & MAG aoe)
DPS: Noctis (utility too), Ace, Dark Veritas, Tidus

2 Dual Wields 1 Genji Glove needed. I might leave Noctis as shield wielder and build it as evade Noctis for utility. Tidus could be evader too.

Then I have Luneth & Lightning (2 actually but only 1 can be used). I think double healer might be overboard, Ashe could be good substitute too. Do we need 2 tanks?

I guess my problem might be the abudance of units I could use. Then I have 2x Pod 153.
Well, time will show what kinda of party it will be.

I actually like this raid

Battle is fun and can be unpredictable sometimes. Moderately engaging

Drops and gear are useful.

Nothing overly offensive about this event as a whole. Gotta have SOMETHING positive to say in here am i right?

Xevren

Yea raid doesn't bother me at all either. Usually kill it in 3-5 turns depending on how it starts. Really fun now that my team can chain.

Rixa

I actually like this raid

Battle is fun and can be unpredictable sometimes. Moderately engaging

Drops and gear are useful.

Nothing overly offensive about this event as a whole. Gotta have SOMETHING positive to say in here am i right?

Yea raid doesn't bother me at all either. Usually kill it in 3-5 turns depending on how it starts. Really fun now that my team can chain.

Raid is fun, when you have time to do those 3-5 turns many times a day. But during weekdays I don't have time to manually guide every turn, so I just leave it and let orbs rot.

Thats the problem of repetive 2 weeks long event that battle is not easily done with uber units. Time investment is just too much to bother.

Alkez

At first I thought no moogles sucked, but then I saw how many cactuars and snappers I'm getting. Nearly finished leveling my second 2B, which means I can take friend Fryevias so I clear the raid first turn regardless of the debuff. Will finally be able to run it more than the initial 5 times a day lol.

I still think that banner would make the most sense to dump Balthier out since we obviously already have Noctis. Since we need his buff, might stay the same but it's not like he has to be on a banner for a buff.

Ah that's a good shout. Would make a good banner as the 3* and 4* units have good TMs, and Balthier is...well Balthier lol.

Niahak

Raid is fun, when you have time to do those 3-5 turns many times a day. But during weekdays I don't have time to manually guide every turn, so I just leave it and let orbs rot.

Thats the problem of repetive 2 weeks long event that battle is not easily done with uber units. Time investment is just too much to bother.

I (finally) broke down and built a team that lets me hit repeat twice on PRO. It doesn't take two chainers (or even a breaker/buffer, really).

Agreed that this doesn't work well as a raid. Grindy events should be easier. This approach might've been better as a MK event since after the 25NRG change, you actually do those less often.

I (finally) broke down and built a team that lets me hit repeat twice on PRO. It doesn't take two chainers (or even a breaker/buffer, really).

Agreed that this doesn't work well as a raid. Grindy events should be easier. This approach might've been better as a MK event since after the 25NRG change, you actually do those less often.

What is Pro dropping as far as mats anyways?

1k?

Kouriozan

Raid is OK but when he doesn't want to debuff his DEF first 5 times in a row (yes it happened again), I just want to ragequit >.<
Still doing ELT but if this continues I'll just switch to PRO.

wilstreak

Dunno about 6. I won't farm or of those, in 2020 we can buy dual wields / dual casts from King Mog events.

Few examples, units without dw that could be good for 10mt:

- Ashe no need for DW
- Zyrus no need for DW

Generally mages don't need DW and most have DC inbuild (Exdeath for example). For newer players Problem might be that they only have 1 tank (if 2 is needed, not sure you need more than 1).

I think in these 10mt you need to think over your TM's. How to bulid non dupe 10 man party that can do things without having 10 dual wields.

As for older player with shitton of TM's I was thinking something like this, if 2 tanks 2 healers is needed:

Tanks: Wil & Wol (or Cecil for heals?)
Healers: Ref & Ysh
Utility: Rikku, Fire Veritas (Inspire 80% ATK & MAG aoe)
DPS: Noctis (utility too), Ace, Dark Veritas, Tidus

2 Dual Wields 1 Genji Glove needed. I might leave Noctis as shield wielder and build it as evade Noctis for utility. Tidus could be evader too.

Then I have Luneth & Lightning (2 actually but only 1 can be used). I think double healer might be overboard, Ashe could be good substitute too. Do we need 2 tanks?

I guess my problem might be the abudance of units I could use. Then I have 2x Pod 153.
Well, time will show what kinda of party it will be.

Well, yeah you are right. Most of the time, Ashe will be there just to help chain, not really to deal damage, so extra MAg from DW is not needed.

Not sure, is 10 man trial more difficult, than Aigaion?

Visceir

Not sure, is 10 man trial more difficult, than Aigaion?

The fights have different restrictions so can't exactly compare them to the traditional trials, but I'd rate the first one easier than robobro. It does have a dps check though. They'll gradually become harder and harder.

So IF we get th 100% moogle for the story completion next update. Who are good candidates from recent 4*?

I'm at 37% on OK, 22%DKC, 50% on Chizuru, 5% on champion belt (second for A2), I just got a werei (0%), have a couple of Ashe (one at 0% and max level the other at 5% and max lvl), Wilhelm's at 6%, a Marie at 0%, a delita at 15%, two more dual wields at 0%. Timmy is at 10%, but I think I would want ashe's accessory over his hat.

I am thinking werei (so I can double up large sword mastery on A2), or one of the ashe's TM (more power for Ace). I could make the case for the Marie's rainbow robe though...

bonkeng

So IF we get th 100% moogle for the story completion next update. Who are good candidates from recent 4*?

I'm at 37% on OK, 22%DKC, 50% on Chizuru, 5% on champion belt (second for A2), I just got a werei (0%), have a couple of Ashe (one at 0% and max level the other at 5% and max lvl), Wilhelm's at 6%, a Marie at 0%, a delita at 15%, two more dual wields at 0%. Timmy is at 10%, but I think I would want ashe's accessory over his hat.

I am thinking werei (so I can double up large sword mastery on A2), or one of the ashe's TM (more power for Ace). I could make the case for the Marie's rainbow robe though...

I'd go with Werei. His TM gives 20% hp too.

Broseybrose

I won't quit until this season's story ends. But my interest level is practically zero ... mostly because, for games like these, it's the community that matters. I really miss the OG atmosphere.

This is pretty much where Im at with this game... the story will keep me around at least that long.

Trying hard not to think about the people who left. Hoping theyll return in time.

edit - 2 Victoria's chaining Overflow is the legit-est!

Whizkid7

Finished first Blade Mastery finally yesterday so 2B breaks 900 with Odin. I get to be one of the cool kids with a stupid high ATK character now!

This raid isn't nearly as exciting as the real Shadow Lord fight. I don't even feel like running it very much.

Broseybrose

Sadly I have only one x)

Yeah, I only have one Shantotto maxed and Im not going to max another until Ive crafted enough raid gear for the 2nd...

I havent been putting any effort into this raid at all, but I do want enough to equip 2 Shan's, so hopefully Ill get at least that much.

robotuw

Oh hey, we should be getting a new slate of awakenings this week! The next 5*'s based on release order (ignoring Ramza of course *sob*) are Noctis, Emperor and Olive. Orlandu, Freyevia, and TT are after that so maybe some of them also/instead. We might see our first global exclusive 5* enhancements! I'd also be stoked for Emperor enhancements. I want that fire from below buff and +200% mag for 11 turns.

Broseybrose

Oh hey, we should be getting a new slate of awakenings this week! The next 5*'s based on release order (ignoring Ramza of course *sob*) are Noctis, Emperor and Olive. Orlandu, Freyevia, and TT are after that so maybe some of them also/instead. We might see our first global exclusive 5* enhancements! I'd also be stoked for Emperor enhancements. I want that fire from below buff and +200% mag for 11 turns.

Ooo, Noctis enhancements (mouth waters).

I definitely dont have enough power/support crysts.

New story event where are you?

Muku

[JP] Decided to use three tickets this morning. Used a lot last week. Been loving these Moogles. Best pulls from it were second round Brotherhood. Let me cap out Tidus so he is now the proud wielder of it. Third round... Came down Rainbow. CG Nichol! Going to cap him next

Last week got a Rainbow straight up while farming these Moogles as well. Ended up being Lightning. Wasn't even mad. Don't have her at all in GL so it was cool.

I would be so hyped up for Olive enhancements... multi-hit(or target) true shot, multi-target shattering shot (with increased imperil), or maybe change up how her fire enhance works.

Top Bottom