• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Mass Effect 3 Kinect-compatible? [BioWare At Microsoft E3 Rehearsal]

Mindlog

golem said:
It would be hilarious if they tied interrupts to Kinect.. I want to shout RENEGADE BITCHES at the screen and make obscene gestures to activate
Oh damn.

I want to my Vanguard to charge when I yell.

dankir

My buddy works at Visceral games Montreal and there's a team working on Mass Effect 3 there. He said the Kinect part is to control the alien sex lol.

Jarmel

Banned
dankir said:
My buddy works at Visceral games Montreal and there's a team working on Mass Effect 3 there. He said the Kinect part is to control the alien sex lol.
.....I'm ok with that.

TheOddOne

dankir said:
Bioware must be in trouble if they hired Visceral Games to help them out. EA slapping that bitch hard.

TheOddOne

I'm gonna leave this here:

tumblr_lm8418lRC71qjmt39o1_400.png

Those Bioware designers retweeted it :lol

Bioware really aren't doing themselves any favours if they want to grow the number of PS3 gamers that buy ME3. They'd need to do a lot more joint marketing with Sony, but at the moment, it looks like they won't be able to get over that hump. Not that they need the PS3 users anyway, but you'd think they'd try a little harder.

Now that EA have a game featured at Microsofts conference, maybe Activision will be at Sony's (COD Vita) etc. Would be an interesting change from last year.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Omnitoolin' it

Maybe mining or navigation? Like you highlight stuff on a world map with your fingers/stumps?

Jarmel

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
Bioware really aren't doing themselves any favours if they want to grow the number of PS3 gamers that buy ME3. They'd need to do a lot more joint marketing with Sony, but at the moment, it looks like they won't be able to get over that hump. Not that they need the PS3 users anyway, but you'd think they'd try a little harder.

Now that EA have a game featured at Microsofts conference, maybe Activision will be at Sony's (COD Vita) etc. Would be an interesting change from last year.

There might be something involving Move. Who knows?

Also I want that Dance Dance Krogan in my life.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm personally hoping for an evolution of their previous slogan.

"You don't push a button, but awesome *still* happens."

TheOddOne

Galvanise_ said:

This is not a troll or something, but your text is hilarious.
[Developer] really aren't doing themselves any favours if they want to grow the number of [System] gamers that buy [Game]. They'd need to do a lot more joint marketing with [Company], but at the moment, it looks like they won't be able to get over that hump. Not that they need the [System] users anyway, but you'd think they'd try a little harder.
Example:
DICE really aren't doing themselves any favours if they want to grow the number of 360 gamers that buy BF3. They'd need to do a lot more joint marketing with Microsoft, but at the moment, it looks like they won't be able to get over that hump. Not that they need the 360 users anyway, but you'd think they'd try a little harder.
I doubt you did it intentional, but I found it awesome.

Ashodin

Nirolak said:
I'm personally hoping for an evolution of their previous slogan.

"You don't push a button, but awesome *still* happens."
"You are the awesome!"

Ubisoft really aren't doing themselves any favours if they want to grow the number of Cafe gamers that buy Rayman. They'd need to do a lot more joint marketing with Nintendo, but at the moment, it looks like they won't be able to get over that hump. Not that they need the Cafe users anyway, but you'd think they'd try a little harder.

Fun!

*pats Kinect*

Galvanise_ said:

You know while I agree, it IS an original IP/trilogy that was supposed to begin and end on the Xbox 360 alone before EA aquisition, I so can see why they are focused on that console.

I hope the PS3 version gets more exposure though, I would love for ME1 to go to PS3 as well because it's better than ME2 imo.

TheOddOne said:
This is not a troll or something, but your text is hilarious.

Example:

I doubt you did it intentional, but I found it awesome.

Heh, oh dear. Unintentional indeed. Ah well.

I think this is more Microsoft trolling Sony TBH. Its like saying 'yeah, you got ME3 on your system, but fuck you, they are with us'. ;) Usually when something is announced as an MP game after a long wait, its given a bit of a showing at the new partners conference etc.

Like how Microsoft keep busting out MGS: Rising at their conferences, and had FFXIII featured every year between its MP announcement and launch.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Galvanise_ said:
Heh, oh dear.

I think this is more Microsoft trolling Sony TBH. Its like saying 'yeah, you got ME3 on your system, but fuck you, they are with us'. ;) Usually when something is announced as an MP game after a long wait, its given a bit of a showing at the new partners conference etc.
Do you really think they care? I don't think it's ultimately a huge point of differentiation. They're probably happy just to be getting the game day and date.

EA was pleased with ME2's sales on PS3. It was one of two titles mentioned during their February fiscal call.

Paracelsus

Hopefully kinect implementation means they are focusing more on biotics than gun combat, not being able to beat the game at Insane using a vanguard was a pain in the axx.

Y2Kev said:
Do you really think they care? I don't think it's ultimately a huge point of differentiation. They're probably happy just to be getting the game day and date.

EA was pleased with ME2's sales on PS3. It was one of two titles mentioned during their February fiscal call.

My point was that if they wanted to increase ME sales overall for the system, a bit of marketing wouldn't go amiss. They might be pleased, but theres always more room to be more pleased.

Sony probably have a ton of other shit to focus on, but they were missing a ME style game from their catalogue before ME2 went MP. I just thought they'd put a bit more emphasis on the 'we have this too' now. They'll have it in a montage for sure.

They love their montages.

KAL2006

Banned
So Microsoft conference will have ME3 demo, I can't wait. I hope they combine the best aspects of ME1 and ME2.

Also about Kinect support, It will most likely be some tacked on shit that isn't worth buying a Kinect over, if this is what MS meant by hardcore Kinect games then they got it wrong. I am still waiting to see a hardcore Kinect game that isn't tacked on controls to games that were not made for Kinect, or games that are not on rails, or sports, dance, minigame collection and fitness games.

Xater

I expect a presentation plus exclusive DLC deal like with Fallout. I just can#t see Kinect integration and MS was probably not that happy how EA was all cozy with Sony last year.

KAL2006 said:
So Microsoft conference will have ME3 demo, I can't wait. I hope they combine the best aspects of ME1 and ME2.

Also about Kinect support, It will most likely be some tacked on shit that isn't worth buying a Kinect over, if this is what MS meant by hardcore Kinect games then they got it wrong. I am still waiting to see a hardcore Kinect game that isn't tacked on controls to games that were not made for Kinect, or games that are not on rails, or sports, dance, minigame collection and fitness games.

I think Mass Effect 3 could be one of the better 'Better with Kinect' games. Given its futuristic setting, hands free menu navigation could be done well, or voice activation, or a different way to interact with the dialogue trees. Something like that.

TheOddOne

Galvanise_ said:
Heh, oh dear. Unintentional indeed. Ah well.

Like how Microsoft keep busting out MGS: Rising at their conferences, and had FFXIII featured every year between its MP announcement and launch.
Not to undermine you or anything, but do you really consider those trolling? A game coming to another system is not trolling, saying lude remarks and looking down at another console is trolling. Those titles you named are some franchises that never came to 360 console. Its just to bring awareness. If people really feel trolled by that, then you really to -- with all due respect -- need to evaluate stuff.

TheOddOne said:
Not to undermine you or anything, but do you really consider those trolling? A game coming to another system is not trolling, saying lude remarks and looking down at another console is trolling. Those titles you named are some franchises that never came to 360 console. Its just to bring awareness. If people really feel trolled by that, then you really to -- with all due respect -- need to evaluate stuff.

There's a bit of one-up-manship between all three of the companies. I could sense how smug Mattrick was after the FFXIII announcement etc. All is fair in love and console wars.

All I'm saying is, I would have expected Mass Effect 3 to be at Sony's conference this year, given the amount of EA love they had last year. I think that might have been smarter for Bioware too. Everyone knows its on PC and 360. Its the PS3 install base they need to raise awareness for. Otherwise they might end up with a Bioshock PS3 situation.

TheOddOne

derFeef said:
*throws controller unintentionally into expensive plasma screen*
Immersive gaming.

Galvanise_ said:
There's a bit of one-up-manship between all three of the companies. I could sense how smug Mattrick was after the FFXIII announcement etc. All is fair in love and console wars.

All I'm saying is, I would have expected Mass Effect 3 to be at Sony's conference this year, given the amount of EA love they had last year. I think that might have been smarter for Bioware too. Everyone knows its on PC and 360. Its the PS3 install base they need to raise awareness for. Otherwise they might end up with a Bioshock PS3 situation.
Really? It would be smug if he went on and on about it coming to the 360. After the announcement and the dust settled, they barely mentioned it.

Galvanise_ said:
All I'm saying is, I would have expected Mass Effect 3 to be at Sony's conference this year, given the amount of EA love they had last year.

You should've stop expecting that the second that ME2 was announced for the PS3 and MS came out and talked about how the 360 is the only console where you can get the full ME experience. It was pretty obvious then that they want the series tied to their system.

KingDizzi

Banned
Galvanise_ said:

Eh Sony will simply be happy having ME3 day and date on the PS3, the rest of the crap does not matter. It's gonna be the usual shit this year most probably and by that I mean something like Skyrim, Batman, MW3 and ME3 being shown in MS presser while BF3, AC:R and some other game is shown in Sonys. So it's little battles between the companies which to consumers ends up meaning very little. Not like ME3 is a big deal anyway, the franchise is not a biggie at all in terms of sales which is all that matters at the end, Sony would much rather have something like map packs for MW3 day and date with 360. My balls are tingling and tell me that there will be something between BF3-PS3, exclusive content, perhaps move support etc. In terms of Kinect bravo MS, that things has got some serious support on the way.

Anyway I have no idea where I'm going with this, loved ME1 but found the second to me meh. Here's to hoping the third is something special!

KAL2006 said:

Its a bit like the move thing and wii for most third partys. I dont want shit tacked on on games make i ground up for the device not tacked on.

Guess I won't be buying ME3.

I refuse to buy any game that is kinect compatible, will not get forza4 or Ghost Recon either.

Not interested in any games that have been tainted by the kinect gimmick.

Top Bottom