• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocky 2 Is The Worst Sequel Ever Made (It's actually Highlander 2)

What is the worst sequel ever made?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky 2 is probably the worst sequel ever made. The reason for that is that it's the most BORING sequel ever made. It's sole purpose is to undo the ending of 1. It has no memorable moments. They reuse "Gonna Fly Now" instead of even getting a new song. One wonders how 3, 4, & 5 even got made since I can't fathom how this was successful at the BO the year it came out.

Sure you could argue that 3, 4, & 5 are bad since they are full of 80s/90s cheese but at least they're memorable for that. 5 for how bad it is (and it is bad) is still a better sequel than 2.

Thoughts?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Thread backfire simply because highlander 2

Also Rocky 2 is surprisingly good

But we in the highlander 2/ berenstain timeline

You're wrong. It had the best training montage in the entire series.

How can you call it the worst sequel of all time when in the same series you have Rocky V?

Rocky 2 is one of the three good movies in the series next to the original and Balboa. The rest are cringey crap.

How can you call it the worst sequel of all time when in the same series you have Rocky V?

Rocky 2 is one of the three good movies in the series next to the original and Balboa. The rest are cringey crap.
No lies detected.

Anth0ny

It's really not. It's very good, just not as good as the original.

Most sequels are the drizzling shits compared to the original.

Vestal

Gold Member

Only disagree with the Training montage. Something about the Montage on 4 gets my blood pumping.. Songs are part of my Gym music hehehe.

SalvaPot

4 is the best one and I'll cold war anyone who says otherwise.

2 is a decent flick, specially if you watch it together with 1.

DiscoJer

There are lots of sequels that are really awful and completely lose the point of the first movie or completely invalidate the ending of the original. Highlander 2, Exorcist 2, Caddyshack 2

I know most don't agree with me about the quality of Amazing Spider-man 1, but the drop I experienced from the first one to the second one was the harshest I have ever felt in a theatre and it single handedly served Spidey to Marvel on a silver platter.

Also Robocop 2 gets more shit than it deserves.

H13

why do people exaggerate the word ever made, have you not seen any bad series which have a sequel ever which is also bad?

Here's the thing about all those other sequels people are mentioning. Yes they're bad but they are at least memorable for being bad. You can watch them knowing they're bad.

It's like the old saying goes "the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference". Well the opposite of a good movie isn't a bad movie, it's a forgettable movie and Rocky 2 is completely forgettable.

Sanjuro

Rocky 2 is a very bad film to a good movie.

Rocky 2 is not one of the worst sequels. It's one of the biggest disappointments, sure.

4 is the best one and I'll cold war anyone who says otherwise.

2 is a decent flick, specially if you watch it together with 1.
IV is my favorite as well. I LOVE the montages. I wish the post fight speech wasn't in the movie though. It feels out of place and suuuuuuuper forced.

Fat4all

Banned
I think each rocky movie has been exponentially better than the movie that proceeded it.

cqPXkp7.gif

DiscoJer

Going back to Stallone though, you had Rambo: First Blood Part 2 which was an okay movie, but completely changed up the premise of the original movie (of an alienated soldier unable to fit back into society and treated very, very badly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom