• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Bold One

Totally gonna play Hunter first, I need that electro darth maul shit.

Yeah... I was originally gonna go Xbox version with the LE this time. But I have since changed my mind and canceled it as I miss DGAF, don't wanna be lonely. So I'm looking for a PS4 LE, nope no luck.

Standard copy and season pass for me I think!

There's people selling pre-orders for em on eBay for over £150 LOL

£150?!!!
MouBlow.png

I don't think there are any Gamestop in the UK.

SheHateMe

It's probably too late for me to get a 5,000 Grimoire score (currently at 4,440), as in the almost 3 years of playing Destiny, I've only played with my Hunter. (Well, that and I haven't played in almost 6 months? Jesus, 2017 had some GREAT games in the first 6 months.)

However, with some heavy playing, I might be able to get to Rank 7 (currently halfway through Rank 3) before August 1st. I should set a challenge for myself and play out the last 2 months of D1 in preparation for D2.

Hmmm.

Hold my beer.

shermas

if they're gonna turn Trials and IB off forever they should at least convert everyone's medallions and coins into something

Is this a Thing? No more IB or Trials? Trials wasn't my jam (carried to the Lighthouse a couple times and gunked it up on my own for some bounties), but IB was always a good way to rank up and grab some gear, especially after they changed the buff system around.

Gragen

Is this a Thing? No more IB or Trials? Trials wasn't my jam (carried to the Lighthouse a couple times and gunked it up on my own for some bounties), but IB was always a good way to rank up and grab some gear, especially after they changed the buff system around.

In the twab it says trials and ib will be different.

vid

Unfortunately, it's a new reset week- WotM is not the "Featured Raid" anymore so we can't do the challenge mode dealies, which would be ideal .

We are going to aim to do a newbie raid the next time it comes up in rotation, for sure.

I'm totally down for this except... I'm gone this weekend hehe. Monday maybe?

Unfortunately, I won't be getting in from work until pretty late (09:30pm-10:00pm-ish) on Monday, and I suspect that won't work for most. If anyone is still interested in that late shift, I'm in.
Need 3 more for Crota raid. Just an FYI it's been awhile since we've done it. xxkatsuxx is my psn

Still looking for folks? What difficulty?

FyreWulff

Yep, they're being turned off in August for D1. They'll be back for D2.

They did the same thing when they tombstoned the 360 and PS3 versions of Destiny, they turned off IB and Trials. I vaguely remember those are a bit of manual job to activate/deactivate. Probably also figure the population won't support them after a while.

I'm going to assume it also means SRL isn't coming back to D1, either, since all the holiday events stopped for 360stiny too.

Yep, they're being turned off in August for D1. They'll be back for D2.

They did the same thing when they tombstoned the 360 and PS3 versions of Destiny, they turned off IB and Trials. I vaguely remember those are a bit of manual job to activate/deactivate. Probably also figure the population won't support them after a while.

I'm going to assume it also means SRL isn't coming back to D1, either, since all the holiday events stopped for 360stiny too.

I'm actually a little surprised to hear this. Or maybe the word disappointed is more appropriate. Turning off a feature in the current game seems like a move to get the people who like trials and IB to pony up cash to get D2.

While I've already bought D2 and am looking forward to it, that doesn't seem very fair to the people who are sticking with D1 for a while for whatever reason.

ramyeon

I cannot reliably get into an Archon's Forge instance with people in it for the life of me. Tried like 15 times tonight and it only had other players in it once.

FyreWulff

I cannot reliably get into an Archon's Forge instance with people in it for the life of me. Tried like 15 times tonight and it only had other players in it once.

crouch walk from the bottom of the stairs, it gives it more time to match you with people.

in retrospect they probably should have just made it a regular matchmade activity like prison of elders

ramyeon

crouch walk from the bottom of the stairs, it gives it more time to match you with people.

in retrospect they probably should have just made it a regular matchmade activity like prison of elders
Yeah that's what I've been doing, still can't get it to work :/ that said my internet speeds have been all over the place tonight so that might be it too.

Deku Tree

Yeah that's what I've been doing, still can't get it to work :/ that said my internet speeds have been all over the place tonight so that might be it too.

I think if you just go in there and start one up then people usually join you. It used to work like that for me.

If that's not working out for you, try walking in from the bottom cave Site 6 entrance or start one up and people will usually start coming into your forge instance.

SheHateMe

It's probably too late for me to get a 5,000 Grimoire score (currently at 4,440), as in the almost 3 years of playing Destiny, I've only played with my Hunter. (Well, that and I haven't played in almost 6 months? Jesus, 2017 had some GREAT games in the first 6 months.)

However, with some heavy playing, I might be able to get to Rank 7 (currently halfway through Rank 3) before August 1st. I should set a challenge for myself and play out the last 2 months of D1 in preparation for D2.

Hmmm.

Hold my beer.

So, I just did the math; if I go collecting all of the Ghost Fragments that I've neglected and the dormant SIVA clusters, I can hit 5,000 Grimoire. That shouldn't take me too long, and it'll help me get closer to Rank 7.

shermas

So, I just did the math; if I go collecting all of the Ghost Fragments that I've neglected and the dormant SIVA clusters, I can hit 5,000 Grimoire. That shouldn't take me too long, and it'll help me get closer to Rank 7.

I couldn't remember my grimoire, so I hopped on Destinystatus last night... I didn't even realize that there were more ghosts out there that I missed. Did they release some new ones when the updated raids dropped? I am so newb.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I had a weird issue tonight on 390 WOTM. Killed Vosik and he dropped boots but for some reason they were 385 versions. Shouldn't they have been 400 Spliced or is this normal?

So I had a weird issue tonight on 390 WOTM. Killed Vosik and he dropped boots but for some reason they were 385 versions. Shouldn't they have been 400 Spliced or is this normal?

The boss encounters will drop rewards for both versions of the raid when playing on the hard version.

If you're talking about the chest rewards specifically in WotM be careful to open the corresponding "Heroic" chest rather than the Normal one.

The community that's left is becoming a parody of itself :\

What's to talk about (that we aren't talking about on Discord)?

You get both normal loot and heroic loot from heroic mode if you haven't already done normal mode— a roll on each loot table for each encounter.

Top Bottom