• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

FyreWulff

Every fourth week, although I think the challenges are just available always?

challenges are only there when it's the weekly raid, also Wrath is slightly bugged in that the 390 version only counts as 390 for the book when it's the weekly

vid

challenges are only there when it's the weekly raid, also Wrath is slightly bugged in that the 390 version only counts as 390 for the book when it's the weekly

Eugh. They really went out of their way to make the triumphs as tedious as possible this year, huh?

Frostburn

Yah, it wouldn't let the group in. Otherwise I'd say what they hell, nothing wrong with a good suicide raid!

I'm bummed though, Mindwipe was the catalyst for all this and just disappeared. Maybe we can make sure to set an advance time/date for the next time it comes up in rotation and pick a day we're sure everyone can attend. A handful of final newbie raids to say goodbye to D1 sounds really great to me.

Thx Fyre, I think present we only have Vid and Reznor though,

If Frostburn is around that would bump us up to 5. Shame we couldn't pull FF in.

Sorry I was on from 7:45 to 8:30 and after not seeing anyone pop online or in Destiny I logged out and then lost power for a brief period anyway :( Send me a message here or on PSN and I'm down to help whenever I'm free for any Raid/Nightfall, etc.

vid

Hm... actually, since WOTM didn't quite work out this time, is anyone down for Nightfall?

...or maybe this is the night I should finally put down the Destiny grind and get some ARMS matches in, haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry I was on from 7:45 to 8:30 and after not seeing anyone pop online or in Destiny I logged out and then lost power for a brief period anyway :( Send me a message here or on PSN and I'm down to help whenever I'm free for any Raid/Nightfall, etc.
No worries, I got home later than expected anyway.
Hm... actually, since WOTM didn't quite work out this time, is anyone down for Nightfall?

...or maybe this is the night I should finally put down the Destiny grind and get some ARMS matches in, haha.
I very close to literally cannot stop playing ARMS

I'm up for a nightfall if you guys want though!

vid

I very close to literally cannot stop playing ARMS

I'm up for a nightfall if you guys want though!

I feel you! I ended up playing until the small hours of the morning on release day, just coming to grips with the controls and unlocking ranked. The only thing that prevented me from sinking my entire weekend into ARMS is the anxiety that I've attached to the incoming end of Year 3.

...my relationship with the end of each year of Destiny is maybe unhealthy. Weird FOMO of not having some "completion" flag going into Destiny 2.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I feel you! I ended up playing until the small hours of the morning on release day, just coming to grips with the controls and unlocking ranked. The only thing that prevented me from sinking my entire weekend into ARMS is the anxiety that I've attached to the incoming end of Year 3.

...my relationship with the end of each year of Destiny is maybe unhealthy. Weird FOMO of not having some "completion" flag going into Destiny 2.
If I get my Guardiad Lord I'll be happy with that as a Capstone for Destiny 1. I guess I might want that shirt, but I'm not sure what I need of what's left.

Haha I think I got some once-in-a-million genes that prevent gaming FOMO. Every time I'm making the choice to play video games the opportunity cost is massive, I'm already choosing an entertainment pasttime over productivity. It's really tough for me to spend any of that time doing something I don't enjoy even if it means missing out on some desirable digital goodies.

You wanna Nightfall or are you going right into ARMS? ;)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Another reason why ranked won't work is randoms and their idling. It would have to be a serious mode and imagine if you are trying to get your ranking up and you get matched with someone who is just standing there. I watch some other FPS and they don't seem to have nearly as much people idling as in Destiny.

FyreWulff

Plus with a continually updating game, the rank won't reflect what they particularly were ranked in. And I don't think people would like other games solutions where they reset the ranks each time the sandbox changes, like Halo Wars 2 does.

having a discussion with my clan about Patrol instance size for D2. what do you guys feel is the right amount and how could they work the instances to behave better than having 3 fireteam slots and nothing more? Im really hoping to see players way more often than we currently do.

Lee

Another reason why ranked won't work is randoms and their idling. It would have to be a serious mode and imagine if you are trying to get your ranking up and you get matched with someone who is just standing there. I watch some other FPS and they don't seem to have nearly as much people idling as in Destiny.

Overwatch handles this well. Short timer to boot, and if someone on your team is booted for idling or just quits, the loss doesn't affect your ranking. There are nuances to it, but it works well in Overwatch and it's definitely something Bungie can prepare for.

Griefers would be a bigger problem. Outside of just trying to throw the match they could camp all the power ammo, etc. But every game has those issues.

zewone

XP and loot rewards from crucible would be my guess as to why this game attracts so many idle asses.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I get the feeling after the latest talked around ranked that Bungie are going to do their own take on it, but it'll be more inclusive to avoid toxicity IMO.

Deku Tree

I get the feeling after the latest talked around ranked that Bungie are going to do their own take on it, but it'll be more inclusive to avoid toxicity IMO.

Luke said they were working on something like that in the original interview that started all of this, but he didn't guarantee that it would ever make it into the game. I doubt they are going to reveal any player ranking in game though.

EL CUCO

Trials already has plenty of toxicity, including people being DDOS'ed by other players.

"Toxicity" is unavoidable in competitive gaming imo. I'm sure they'll add a ranked mode because the sweaty community will have nothing worth playing for.

I'm okay with no ranked mode but not having private matches at launch is some bullshit.

Somebody out there is ready to defend a Bungie on this. I hope they don't have an account. The ONLY ONLY ONLY excuse to me is they're converting it to custom matches, not just private matches. Truly customizable. But I don't know. It only took 2 years to get private matches I'm suuuuuure Bungie will get it right this time.

vid

I was thinking about it this morning... since we were discussing scheduling a WOTM raid the next time it becomes featured, what if we just made it a Thing until the end of Destiny?

I know I'm not the only one who would like to revisit the Vault or end Crota a couple of more times before it's all over, and I'm sure there are still folks who never got to run them at all for one reason or another.

Crota's End is featured this week... who's down for a run this weekend?

shermas

Man... I haven't played this game in a few weeks and it feels like FOREVER.

Really trying to take a break until D2 drops... bad timing for the Beta, too, as I'll be on my only family vacation of the summer during the entire thing. Oh well.

I (finally) picked up a PS4 last week and I've been getting in small sessions with Horizon when I have the time.... thinking about making the jump to PS4 for D2, but I've already got it pre-ordered on the xbone.

Decisions, decisions

PS4 pro is much slicker than I thought it would be.. I feel like people rag on the PS4 UI, but I don't think it's bad. The menus are pretty slick and it feels faster than Xbox live. I've been Xbox only for years. Have to go back and play Uncharted, Last of Us, etc, etc.

Gragen

Man, I just gotta say I am super surprised that people (besides me) are still doing the sword quest. I did not expect to get match made into a group for that strike.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll be around for a WOTM newbie raid tonight if people are available
Unfortunately, it's a new reset week- WotM is not the "Featured Raid" anymore so we can't do the challenge mode dealies, which would be ideal .

We are going to aim to do a newbie raid the next time it comes up in rotation, for sure.
I was thinking about it this morning... since we were discussing scheduling a WOTM raid the next time it becomes featured, what if we just made it a Thing until the end of Destiny?

I know I'm not the only one who would like to revisit the Vault or end Crota a couple of more times before it's all over, and I'm sure there are still folks who never got to run them at all for one reason or another.

Crota's End is featured this week... who's down for a run this weekend?
I'm totally down for this except... I'm gone this weekend hehe. Monday maybe?

I've never raided and I've always been interested in doing the newbie raids, but the timing has always been an issue for me. I"ll keep an eye on the thread just in case.

I also have 2 other friends that would be interested in raiding, too. Just in case..

And, that's a wrap for Rise of Iron. So with the story stuff done, I'm 360 exactly. Did some SIVA Strikes, even got a sword!

EDIT: I'd love to jump in on a raid with you guys sometime.

LTWood12

Really trying to take a break until D2 drops... bad timing for the Beta, too, as I'll be on my only family vacation of the summer during the entire thing. Oh well.

I (finally) picked up a PS4 last week and I've been getting in small sessions with Horizon when I have the time.... thinking about making the jump to PS4 for D2, but I've already got it pre-ordered on the xbone.

Decisions, decisions

PS4 pro is much slicker than I thought it would be.. I feel like people rag on the PS4 UI, but I don't think it's bad. The menus are pretty slick and it feels faster than Xbox live. I've been Xbox only for years. Have to go back and play Uncharted, Last of Us, etc, etc.

Welcome to the platform! Send me a friend request. Same as gaf name.

Marvel

could never
Totally gonna play Hunter first, I need that electro darth maul shit.

PS4 Limited Edition - sold out everywhere
Yeah... I was originally gonna go Xbox version with the LE this time. But I have since changed my mind and canceled it as I miss DGAF, don't wanna be lonely. So I'm looking for a PS4 LE, nope no luck.

Standard copy and season pass for me I think!

There's people selling pre-orders for em on eBay for over £150 LOL

Hoodbury

Decisions, decisions

Wait, they said when the beta will be?

Top Bottom