• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Ophelia |OT| Ireland's GAF gets windy

Jasup

Recommended videos: "Hurricane ophelia: Proof of electromagnetic manipulation"

11023375.jpg

Ooh, I need to watch this.

Edit: at 6 minute mark at the moment. The guy is wondering how the warm air is going up and suggests that there must be some kind of beam weapon.
Brilliant

RangerX

Banned
I mean......obviously it's tragic and RIP to his family. BUT, why would anyone risk their life doing something so dangerous even in safe weather conditions.

He was working for council. There is a lot of local government out clearing trees and debris from the roads and trying to restore power.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Mate from NI showing me vids of some roofs blowing off

In England and it's so fucking orange right now

Oriel

Just watching TV3 News showing two potential Darwin Award recipients diving off the Salthill pier into sea swells. Geniuses.

Oriel

He was working for council. There is a lot of local government out clearing trees and debris from the roads and trying to restore power.

News confirming he did it on his own bat and not waiting to do it tomorrow which is the current standing procedures in place. ESB Networks stated it wouldn't risk the safety of its crews in dealing with power outages until the storm abates. Which is only right.

RangerX

Banned
News confirming he did it on his own bat and not waiting to do it tomorrow which is the current standing procedures in place. ESB Networks stated it wouldn't risk the safety of its crews in dealing with power outages until the storm abates. Which is only right.

Shit that sucks then. I feel for him.

Kalor

The wind is starting to pick up here now. I'm hoping it doesn't get to the point where we lose power but we're at least prepared for it.

The last hour has been pretty crazy in Limerick. I've been so lucky to still have power. Went in to work this morning only to be sent home at ten past nine. Shame they couldn't have made the call any sooner but we got home before the storm.

Please stay safe folks and don't think the eye passing is the storm passing.

NateDog

Been looking at those orange sky photos all morning, incredible to see.

Weather where I am in Dublin is grand tbh, I said it would be fine here and it was but work was cancelled anyway. How long is it supposed to hang around, 1-3 days?

KDR_11k

Did the trees in Ireland finish shedding their leaves yet? The storm in Germany (much weaker and lasted maybe an hour) knocked a LOT of trees down because most are still fully covered and thus vulnerable to wind. If they're still leafy in Ireland expect downed trees EVERYWHERE.

Top Bottom