• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 12/23/08 (Christmas Week)... Suikoden!

tanod

when is my burrito
mio said:
So guys, I have a random question that I don't know exactly where to put it.

If I buy a PSOne game through the PSP native store, can I share it with my PS3?

Thx
Yes

jts

...hate me...
Nice
gladtomeetya.gif

Just bought CTR and DD for my lil bro's PSP, will logon with his account on my PS3 as soon as I get home :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This week is there gonna be a PSN Store Update ?

Tntnnbltn

Fersis said:
This week is there gonna be a PSN Store Update ?
See:
Baha said:
Is there a PSN update this week? I read on the rock band forums that there wasn't one till Jan. 8th.
The release dates for these songs will be December 30th on Xbox Live Marketplace, and January 8th on the PlayStation Network, due to Sony being on holiday next week.

VNZ

buffi said:
Astro Tripper has some slow down, but I wouldn't call it an issue. Game is solid from a technical standpoint, and it is a very nice game.

Soldner X seems to be a pretty shitty game, but I'm unsure about the technical stuff.
Astro Tripper skips frames all the fucking time -- which means jerky scrolling and a major nuisance since you're zipping around the map continuously. Top that with excessive slowdown whenever there's more than like 30-40 objects on-screen and you've got the technical mess called Astro Tripper. Pretty embarrassing since there's really not much going on compared to other similar games.

Anyway, the basic Uridium-derived mechanics have some potential. Hopefully we'll see some innovation in the "digital delivery" shmups scene on consoles this year. Any news from the Super Stardust-guys, for example? (I know about the golf game, which didn't exactly look like a Minna no golf-killer to me.)

Bearillusion said:
I've never played this game. Is it worth a look in this day and age?

I got sick of fucking reading text after text before actually doing anything and haven't touched it since.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Suikoden is FANTASTIC.

The RPG itself (overworld, combat system, storyline) is standard late 16bit/early 32bit fair, but the hook is that you recruit 108 people and any one of them can be in your party. That in and of itself wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the sweet thing is that every one you recruit joins you in your castle "home base" and as you get more, your castle grows and improvements are made. You recruit one who puts in elevators, others open up shops, etc.

It's extremely cool to see your home evolve and grow over the course of the adventure... your castle in Suikoden feels more like "home" than nearly any game I've ever played. I derived a huge amount of satisfaction just wandering around my castle island, seeing where everyone in my little army had set up camp, whether it be down at the docks, in the basement lab, etc.

That, plus the soundtrack is great.

Any word of Suikoden II coming out on PSN? I loved the first but stupidly missed out on II...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
DJ Crimson said:
I got sick of fucking reading text after text before actually doing anything and haven't touched it since.
I demand non-stop action! BLOOD! GORE!

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Right, seeing how Suikoden isn't available outside the US I made myself a US account.

Everything went fine until the store asked me to enter my Credit Card's billing address. The thing is that it doesn't let you change the country so it won't accept the info.

Is there any way for me to get around this?

Sony, I want to give you my money.

WHY WON"T YOU TAKE IT?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
speedpop said:
I demand non-stop action! BLOOD! GORE!
Tripple wielding chainsaws and a aliens with three side boobs too please.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Witchfinder General said:
Right, seeing how Suikoden isn't available outside the US I made myself a US account.

Everything went fine until the store asked me to enter my Credit Card's billing address. The thing is that it doesn't let you change the country so it won't accept the info.

Is there any way for me to get around this?

Sony, I want to give you my money.

WHY WON"T YOU TAKE IT?!
you need to buy a US PSN network card. they are 20 and 50 dollars. I bet places like ebay have them up for sale for international people. Or some peeps at gaf are nice if you have paypal

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Corran Horn said:
you need to buy a US PSN network card. they are 20 and 50 dollars. I bet places like ebay have them up for sale for international people. Or some peeps at gaf are nice if you have paypal

I see. Thanks.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kassatsu said:
Yes, stuff should be on the Japanese and HK stores by now. If I can get ahold of a TV tonight, I will post it.

There's some Naruto video on the JP store so far.

VNZ

GDJustin said:
Suikoden is FANTASTIC.

The RPG itself (overworld, combat system, storyline) is standard late 16bit/early 32bit fair, but the hook is that you recruit 108 people and any one of them can be in your party. That in and of itself wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the sweet thing is that every one you recruit joins you in your castle "home base" and as you get more, your castle grows and improvements are made. You recruit one who puts in elevators, others open up shops, etc.

It's extremely cool to see your home evolve and grow over the course of the adventure... your castle in Suikoden feels more like "home" than nearly any game I've ever played. I derived a huge amount of satisfaction just wandering around my castle island, seeing where everyone in my little army had set up camp, whether it be down at the docks, in the basement lab, etc.

That, plus the soundtrack is great.

Any word of Suikoden II coming out on PSN? I loved the first but stupidly missed out on II...
You really need to play Suikoden II, and you'd do it a lot cheaper if it's released on PSN... But you need to play it! It's among my top 5 games of all time. It improves on the first title in every way, while keeping all the good qualities you mention.

Shouta

Wait, I didn't realize this but they added Brigandine Grand Edition to the Japanese PSN store? GET THAT GAME PEOPLE! IT'S FUCKING AWESOME

I finished another run of it (like my 9th of the game overall but my first with the Grand Edition) a few weeks back and man, it is fucking awesome on the PSP.

Tabris

Question as this is my first PSOne title bought through the store.

Does it read the memory cards of the PS3 (i.e. I already have Suikoden saves/I want to create a new perfected save for Suikoden II) or does it have it's own "memory card" specific to only that game? If second, then that's lame.

Any conversion programs to switch saves back and forth? Also can you just copy that save from PS3 to PSP to PS3 back and forth?

Tntnnbltn

Tabris said:
Does it read the memory cards of the PS3 (i.e. I already have Suikoden saves/I want to create a new perfected save for Suikoden II) or does it have it's own "memory card" specific to only that game?
It uses the same selected internal memory card.

(Also, the new PlayStation Store thread is up and running)

Tabris said:
Question as this is my first PSOne title bought through the store.

Does it read the memory cards of the PS3 (i.e. I already have Suikoden saves/I want to create a new perfected save for Suikoden II) or does it have it's own "memory card" specific to only that game? If second, then that's lame.

Any conversion programs to switch saves back and forth? Also can you just copy that save from PS3 to PSP to PS3 back and forth?

Uses the normal ps3 virtual memcards.

PSP creates a pair of virtual card for each game, HOWEVER, there is an import feature you can access during the game that lets you import data from any virtual card on your memstick to the virtual card of whatever you are playing. This is not as complicated as it sounds.

You can copy the save back and forth freely, just put your psp in usb mode and hook it to the ps3, the saves will all appear under the saved data utility.

Basically, they thought ahead and you can definitely do what you want to do, regardless of which system you play it on to boot.

Top Bottom