• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft registers domain for Assassin's Creed Collection

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
You know what would be amazing but would never, never happen?

If Ubisoft kept all of the good content but cut out the filler from the old games, and rereleased them as tight, 10-15 hour games. Like, reduce the collectible count to 5% of the originals and put those collectibles in interesting places. Eliminate the cut-and-paste missions or sections of missions (maybe about 50% of the good games like AC2, and about 80% of the AC3-quality games). Then rebalance the in-game economies to account for that.

Ubi would need some very skilled designers to do it right, but not a lot of time or money. In the end, any mega-collection would become way more palatable with short, judiciously-edited AC games instead of the bloated experiences that they are currently.

Cleve

Does this potentially mean people with modern consoles might be able to play Rogue?

Expecting anything more than 1080p/60 fps versions slapped on to new consoles along with the existing current gen releases is setting yourself up for disappointment.

RedSwirl

I really hope Sony and Microsoft decide to maintain the same architecture and backwards compatibility going forward so we won't have to deal with more remasters when the next cycle of consoles comes around. But I bet they'd still be tempted to lock out BC just so they could re-sell the games.

Maybe they'll do what PC developers have been doing and start doing "enhanced editions" of games from 15 and 20 years ago.

Jesus Christ those faces what the fuck happened

431965_768623909905187_160632775585130387_n.jpg

1044128_768623906571854_5070249181422658418_n.jpg

lol

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Lol at that sub-bootleg figurine quality.

Kenway is the father of Connor's (protag of AC3) father, Haytham Kenway (semi-Protag of AC3). Plus it takes place in the Caribbean, which is near the US.

Plus part of it takes place in South Carolina.

Smash88

Banned
So they took a year off, but because they just couldn't keep away, they had to find something to cobble together to keep the brand name alive.

That's the only argument I can see from Ubisoft's perspective is to keep the brand name in people's minds during this year off.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
WTF did they do to the faces..?

So they took a year off, but because they just couldn't keep away, they had to find something to cobble together to keep the brand name alive.

That's the only argument I can see from Ubisoft's perspective is to keep the brand name in people's minds during this year off.
They're taking a year off so that the BF team's games can get more dev time. We still have a movie, several comic series, a book series, off the top of my head. Expecting this to be the least successful compared to those.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Nah, they have the feature film (and novelization), two (or three) comics, a mobile game and a young adult novel series to do that.

They were supposed to wait a year or two first for the "omg remember assassin's creed? when are they making a new one?!!" threads all over the internet.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
AC1,2,BH,R,3, Rogue at 1080p/60fps?
I would bite just to play AC2 & 3 Rogue without the bad framerates.
Oh shit, figures?

even though i own all the games on PC uPlay I'd rebuy this on PS4 day one, wouldn't mind at all replaying AC2, B, and R again.

Wonder if it'll be AC1 + AC2 or also include AC3... and then the black sheep, Rogue?

Screw anybody who says no, I'd buy the hell out of this. Ezio is such a cool character and I love all AC games. Only one I haven't played is rogue.

Foffy

Banned
+ It's actually not another Assassin's Creed game
- Those are some of the ugliest faces I have ever fucking seen on a figure

Top Bottom