• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft registers domain for Assassin's Creed Collection

Lol I want what you guys are smoking. No way this has 7 games in it.lollollol I would be flabbergasted. Actually no, watch them do all 7 and assign a game to different studios so the quality change throughout. A rollercoaster of quality.

1 through Rev is my guess.

That said I could see this and Watch_dogs 2 release in place of AC10.

I'm still burnt by the Ghost Recon "collection" they did.

Hopes were high on GRIT been brought too 360 with online, and what did i get.. a collection of Advance Warfare turds.

U2NUMB

Remaster them all.. AC1, 2, 3, Brotherhood, Revelations, Rogue.... $39.99 and 6000 achievement points and I will THINK about buying it via best buy getting 20% off.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Assassin's Creed II Trilogy: HD.

Would buy day one.

Even if Revelations was a bit iffy compared to AC2 and Brotherhood, it was a really nice ending to the Ezio trilogy. It is a shame they haven't tried to do the same since, following one character over most of his lifetime worked well and it helps he got to run around some beautiful cities. All they've done since is a few separate characters that lead nowhere after their first game, AC3, 4 and Rogue might be linked but it isn't quite the same.

Eggbok

Lol I want what you guys are smoking. No way this has 7 games in it.lollollol I would be flabbergasted. Actually no, watch them do all 7 and assign a game to different studios so the quality change throughout. A rollercoaster of quality.

1 through Rev is my guess.

That said I could see this and Watch_dogs 2 release in place of AC10.

I could see them throwing 3 into the mix, this can go lots of ways.

AC, ACII, ACIII
AC, ACII, ACB, ACR,
AC, ACII, ACB, ACR, ACIII
or
ACIV, ACU, ACS (would be a waste, wtf ubisoft moment)

dex3108

Assassins Creed Unity is going to get remastered in the same generation. Unprecedented.

Metro Last Light says hi (at least for PC).

And i still don;t know why all of you are thinking that they will do remastered versions of old games. AC Chronicles India and Russia will be out early next year and they will bundle them in Chronicles Collection.

lewisgone

This would be great if it's what I think it is, I actually came close to buying the heritage collection on PS3 recently. I've played most of the games from 1-4 and the only real fun I had was in II and Brotherhood, but I want to see how the trilogy ends in Revelations.

Couldn't play them one after the other though.

Alx

They should do an "Animus Collection" for VR. No story nor missions, just walk through the maps of Florence, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, London, Damas, ...

LiK

I don't understand why people are perplexed by this. Collections are a dime a dozen these days.

I guess it's possible. Halo had 4 games after all. 2 through 3 with maybe Rouge isn't that farfetched if each remaster is just 1080p/60fps. I just can't see Ubisoft not milking.this. Honestly, I'd kinda rather they milk it if the quality of each game improves.

Ac1 can gtfo though. It's almost unplayable. If they put it on the same disk as AC2 I swear to god I will find a way to physically burn it off.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I love AC (up until Unity anyway), but I don't know if I could take playing 2 in a row, let alone all of them. Also I suspect AC2, the best game in the series, may not have aged well. I wanna preserve my good memories of it.

L.O.R.D

probably for this

www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Chronicles-PlayStation-4-Standard/dp/B0192NHBNO/

81NJvsjinIL._SL1271_.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'd love if this was a collection of major games up to 4 with all the DLC packaged in, that kinda thing is long overdue.

If it's a PS4 release that includes II and Rogue then I'm sold.

If being the operative word. There's a lot of AC games on last gen consoles, I wouldn't expect all of them to move over, if this is even what it is.

RPGCrazied

Depends on price, and how the ports run. I tried playing the first 2 on PS3, and the performance was bad. Tearing was so bad.

So its safe to say Ubisoft is taking the "lets just milk it until it crashes" approach to Assassins Creed and not the "lets take a step back and fix it" approach?

A shame. I really liked Assassins Creed during those highs of 2 and Brotherhood.

Remind newer fans of how good AC used to be.

I'm expecting 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and 3. It's one continuous story too, which is nice.

Hopefully they do some slight revisions to 1 so it plays better.

Fingers-crossed for Rogue on PS4/XB1 to be magically included. I've been putting off getting it because I knew the millisecond I purchased it, Ubisoft would show up with a current gen version.

Sky Saw

Banned
It's just going to be the PC versions isn't it. They're going to charge a lot for them aren't they.

Man us gamers are suckers.

Ezio trilogy with new engine pls

But keep the gameplay + mission structure intact, add the new parkour stuff but mostly just swap out the renderer

Top Bottom