• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Keikaku

Everyone else mostly covered it, so here's what I saw.

What did I tell you about walling against Protoss -_-
Don't get supply blocked.
Add the 2nd Tech lab sooner. You built a Marine before for some reason and this slowed down your tech slightly.
Why were there 4 rax?
When you do the build, once you send your units, just rally all the rax to the opponents base.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Thought I'd share this... uh, rather interesting discussion with this lady friend I have. Translated:

Her: now I want to date a real Starcraft-Korean-pro
John: Hmmmmmm......
John: Polt Prime?
Her: No... I was thinking more of a cuter person
John: BoxeR?
Her: boxer is ugly in my world
John: Are you shitting me? He's handsome but whatever, he's too old for you anyway - AND he has the best girlfriend in the Universe
Her: He's born 1980
John: Yeah... but he's got knowledge and experience like an elder
Her: I was thinking more of Marineking Prime
John: Stop joking around.
Her: I'm not joking ^_^
John: If you're serious than you're dumb as hell
Her: You don't like him? I think he's cute
John: Go to hell.

This is the point where I go offline. A couple of minutes later, she calls me and I deny the call.

You're BLOCKED, moron.

hidinghomer.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Thought I'd share this... uh, rather interesting discussion with this lady friend I have. Translated:

John: Are you shitting me? He's handsome but whatever, he's too old for you anyway - AND he has the best girlfriend in the Universe

This is the point where I go offline. A couple of minutes later, she calls me and I deny the call.

You're BLOCKED, moron.

You are officially 200% cooler in my book Yoshi.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You are officially 200% cooler in my book Yoshi.
I would kill for your Boxer-signed poster... and I would do even worse things to actually meet him someday. Too bad this brilliant, handsome man doesn't know what Sweden is :( But this is fine, I'm traveling to Korea in summer 2012 and the plan is to meet him ._.

Corran Horn

awwww yeah xsplit updated and now supports my hdpvr without me needing to screen grab it. It also comes with a sc2 scoreboard plugin ^^

Venfayth

Holy fuck, I love xsplit. Jesus. I'm so happy you said something, I didn't know they included this in the patch.

I had trouble streaming my ps2 cause for some reason the stupid recording software that hauppauge includes kept compressing the "preview" - but now I can just use xsplit!

This is fantastic! I'm going to cry!

Seriously, lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
XSplit, the heck is that?

Corran Horn

Holy fuck, I love xsplit. Jesus. I'm so happy you said something, I didn't know they included this in the patch.

I had trouble streaming my ps2 cause for some reason the stupid recording software that hauppauge includes kept compressing the "preview" - but now I can just use xsplit!

This is fantastic! I'm going to cry!

Seriously, lol.

GNq7N.png

Its still delayed so you need to play through TV, but cool stuff.

Yoshichan

Do you even watch Starcraft 2?
A straight up print screen, as you just said that:

4 active streams is usually what I run consistently 24/7 + one or two additional ones during GSL or special events. You were saying?

XH5vs.jpg

A straight up print screen, as you just said that:

4 active streams is usually what I run consistently 24/7 + one or two additional ones during GSL or special events. You were saying?

XH5vs.jpg

lol just joshing ya Yoshi. Xsplit is pretty much THE streaming solution for getting games up on Twitch/etc.

Trasher

You're BLOCKED, moron.
V9I7l.gif

Yoshichan

lol just joshing ya Yoshi. Xsplit is pretty much THE streaming solution for getting games up on Twitch/etc.
Oooh :eek: no wonder I had no clue about it, I've only streamed once in my entire life ._.
except this one time when I streamed FFXIV... good lord, never again.

edit: Trasher ♥ I forgot to say "Hey" in the Halo thread XD I was ashamed of the shit I had just said in that thread ._.

Trasher

Oooh :eek: no wonder I had no clue about it, I've only streamed once in my entire life ._.
except this one time when I streamed FFXIV... good lord, never again.

edit: Trasher ♥ I forgot to say "Hey" in the Halo thread XD I was ashamed of the shit I had just said in that thread ._.

Nothing to be ashamed of. :D

We had actually just been talking about trying to compare SC2 and Halo from a competitive standpoint as in which was a harder game to be successful at in the professional scene.

Yoshichan

Nothing to be ashamed of. :D

We had actually just been talking about trying to compare SC2 and Halo from a competitive standpoint as in which was a harder game to be successful at in the professional scene.
Did Tashi bring that subject up :p?

Yoshichan

Hahahaha, Oh Tashi! I'm glad we've got spies all over the place >:D Good job Trasher!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
:lol wow! Spot blown! Thanks Trash

Everyone else mostly covered it, so here's what I saw.

What did I tell you about walling against Protoss -_-
Don't get supply blocked.
Add the 2nd Tech lab sooner. You built a Marine before for some reason and this slowed down your tech slightly.
Why were there 4 rax?
When you do the build, once you send your units, just rally all the rax to the opponents base.

Yea I know but I feel more comfortable with a wall there. I don't want just any scout to come waltzing in you know?

I don't know why either. I think I hit A to many times or something.
Did I really build a 4th barracks before my 2nd command center?

Also, I accidentally in that game hit the command to build a barracks rather than the command center. How do I cancel the command before he starts building?

lol 3 rax

Clicking marine around map is adorable. Use shift + a + left click on mini map to do it in 0.3 seconds.
Keep depot down, P is not Zerg. Rally to your units. Terran with Stim wins every small engagement.

If possible in fights:
1) Shoot sentries
2) Pick off stalkers if possible before all zealots engage
3) Kite zealots with stim. This is more important than macro since you can retain a giant ass supply lead then 1a to win. When you stop microing, MACRO with hotkeys, add your group of rallied units, attack again with full hp units in front.

In that fight you did well by keeping your MM in that choke point vs zealots. However, that Nexus is useless. 2000hp of damage (if you get a kill) is a lot of time for P. Scan the ramp to kill or force a forcefield and kill a core/gateway/pylon. If you get in with 15 supply of food into his base you kill the important pylons or core and you win since P can only make zealots.

Why you gotta laugh at my build bro? I'm a noob lol

Ok, I will.

About to stream now actually.

http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii

Ignore the high level gaming banner at the top lol

Keikaku

Yea I know but I feel more comfortable with a wall there. I don't want just any scout to come waltzing in you know?

I don't know why either. I think I hit A to many times or something.
Did I really build a 4th barracks before my 2nd command center?

Also, I accidentally in that game hit the command to build a barracks rather than the command center. How do I cancel the command before he starts building?
You are not safer with the wall against P. Your tech lab is exposed as are 2 supply depots. If he comes in to scout, what will he see that will actually hurt you? He may see the tech lab go up on your reactor and 1 gas. Don't wall.

I believe you did start a 4th rax before CC. If you want to cancel it, just give another order to the SCV. If he starts building, you can only cancel it or halt the construction.

Yoshichan

Sorry Tashi, had to leave your epic stream! Twice the GAF is too much for my brain to handle :(

Gotta say I've come to love the Code A change. Before, I didn't really watch Code A; I'd watch a couple matches of players I liked, such as Leenock when he was Code A, but that was it. But now I'm hyped to see which players keep their Code S spots, who advances, etc. I just might stay up to see Huk.

Yoshichan

Did I miss SotG or what?

Yoshichan

Nevermind! It's over :lol

Dooraven

Saying Day9 and Artosis don't play the game was a low blow though.

Yeah pretty much. I agree with Artosis that it hasn't been fully explored and that bio is easier to win with but I agree with incontrol that Protoss has a lot of options dealing with Mech since SC2 protoss is designed from the ground up to hard counter mech.

Yoshichan

Terran should just ignore mech against toss for now... When Heart of the Swarm is released, however...

Not going to buy a single one in 2012.
$15 for a season WITH ADS?
$100 for the year WITH ads and WITHOUT GSTL and WITHOUT special tournaments?
$35/month if you want all content without ads? Or $20 with.
$420 for everything, l-o-fucking-l.

I'm going to get the $15 on for January, I have to see Idra, ForGG, etc. But after that...eh dunno.

Yoshichan

The real question is... will we get decent 480p quality this time around?

Q8D3vil

am i the only one who doesn't get ads in gomtv ?
i always buy the tickets with ads because i never get them.

im getting the 100 $ one for the entire year, it should be glorious.

edit: fml, 100 $ doesn't include gstl :(

Corran Horn

am i the only one who doesn't get ads in gomtv ?
i always buy the tickets with ads because i never get them.

im getting the 100 $ one for the entire year, it should be glorious.

edit: fml, 100 $ doesn't include gstl :(

They are google ads (or similar to the ones in youtube), so maybe you dont get that shit while covered in oil money

Deadly

40k for an episode of sotg? Geez.. Didn't they peak at 20k cause of idra doing some kind of bet once? Having to double that...

Top Bottom