• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus May 2017 ( Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU)

BHK3

Banned
Abzu looks really interesting though

AlarmingMerryHydatidtapeworm.gif

This was taken away from me. I'm never going to forgive Sony for this.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Aw, was hoping US would get Alienation. Pretty sure I already own every game this month except Laser Disco Defenders, which I don't have any interest.

Hope everyone enjoys Abzu and Tales. They're both solid.

Hasney

Ugh. I'm not touching a Telltale game since it'll likely eat my save and frustrate me. That's a pretty bad month in EU and PS4 only.

EDIT: Ignore the EU bit, I had Alienation mixed up with a totally different game. I'll give that one a shot.

AudioEppa

Abzu? Nice. Been wanting to play it. Glad it wasn't Alienation. Don't like those kinds of games.

Already own and beat TftB. Amazing game.

Tonyx

Just missing Tales from the Borderlands of all 6 games, but still not a bad month.

In particular do try Port Royale. It's a pretty fun game.

DAMN I just bought Abzu recently... and I already have TFTB. Two really good games though this is a good month.

Oh, looks like EU is getting Alienation instead, haven't got that so maybe I'll try it.

Assanova

We finally get a good game and I already own it. They really should give you some kind of store credit if you already own the game.

BadHand

Abzu looks lovely but really isn't that interesting to play. There is a few good moments though.

Bad month for me - I really need to stop buying games and just play whatever hits PS+.

Glad we get Alienation as I just bought Abzu last month and haven't played it yet.
Also own TFTBL and haven't played it yet.

Man I need to stop buying games.

Why does Sony/Housemarque not want people to own Alienation?

Looking at the price history, it went up in price a month after release, has only been on sale once in the year it has been out, and has a ton of DLC.

Especially a game like that which will live and die on a player base, you would think giving it to the US too would inject life into it. I bought it at launch hoping it would catch on, but it got almost zero buzz and all the above factors did not help its cause. It definitely felt now like a game that would be perfect for PS+ to get people hooked on it.

whalesex

Neo Member
It's not. Very disappointing as a person who loved Journey.

As someone who has Journey in his top 5 games of all time, I feel like there was no way Abzu, or any similar game for that matter, would ever capture that magic again. I enjoyed Abzu but it didn't have any sort of emotional impact on me. As long as you keep your expectations lowered from the Journey hype, there is quite a bit of enjoyment to be had in Abzu.

cheesekao

Why does Sony/Housemarque not want people to own Alienation?

Looking at the price history, it went up in price a month after release, has only been on sale once in the year it has been out, and has a ton of DLC.

Especially a game like that which will live and die on a player base, you would think giving it to the US too would inject life into it. I bought it at launch hoping it would catch on, but it got almost zero buzz and all the above factors did not help its cause. It definitely felt now like a game that would be perfect for PS+ to get people hooked on it.
I played it last month and there were a decent number of rooms. It's not dead.

I really didn't like Dead Nation and I really, really don't like the Tales games, so nothing for me this month I guess.

I bought Azbu when it released so I'm ok with missing that one.

Top Bottom