• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Yeah, I ordered mine the moment NowInStock texted the alert. I think the gaf thread had less than 20 posts at that point.

I would've been quicker if I didn't have to create a Wal-Mart account first.
I could've sworn I had one, but I tried the password recovery and it said there was no account associated with my email address, so I had to make a new account.

I ordered last night, just happened to be on twitter at the time and saw the wario's tweet..ordered just one..mine still shows processing so will hope for the best. A few months ago I ordered Tekken 7 through Walmart(price glitch) they canceled the order but I got a 10 dollar gift card for the trouble..dont want to have to deal with nowinstock texts again, they didnt text me til 10 minutes AFTER I had already placed the order

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I missed out on the Walmart orders last night, but I was kind of weary of the orders too. Open for almost 40 minutes and 2 per person? Not to mention they outright deleted the page? I hope most orders get honored, but I'm glad I don't have the stress on an order I placed may or may not go through :/

Afrocious

I would've been quicker if I didn't have to create a Wal-Mart account first.
I could've sworn I had one, but I tried the password recovery and it said there was no account associated with my email address, so I had to make a new account.

Dude I had the same concerns when I was on the site, but LastPass confirmed I had an account thankfully.

-MD-

Mines still processing but I got my order in within 3-4 minutes of it going live.

Edit: used a credit card, picked shipping.

F34R

I've checked throughout the day expected a cancellation but it hasn't come. Hopefully it stays that way. Fully prepared for it not to.

I expect an email from Wal Mart corp saying, "We haven't canceled your damn order yet. If you F5 your account page one more time, we will cancel that order!"

lol

muteki

I didn't check back long after I got mine last night, surprised it lasted 40 minutes. Hope that bodes well for other retailers getting stock and people who want one getting them.

Now cancel notice for 3 out of the 5 of us who ordered last night. My buddy and his friends got their cancelled but my other two friends and I ordered after him and we still seem to be good. Kinda nervous lol

prateeko

Does the cancellation notice come in email or will I have to check the site and why would they cancel ALL the orders if the pre-orders went up early on the site unless they know how many they have and they want to allocate more for in-store?

Afrocious

Does the cancellation notice come in email or will I have to check the site and why would they cancel ALL the orders if the pre-orders went up early on the site unless they know how many they have and they want to allocate more for in-store?

Would like to know as well. Instead of putting a single order in for 2, I put in two individual orders.

If this was meant towards me, I realize that customer service could have inaccurate information, but here's what she told me verbatim:

"Rep: Hello [Moonchild]! I'm really glad to help you today!
Me: *asks about the SNES pre-orders being cancelled*
Rep: Let me inform that due a mistake in our system, which I'm really really sorry for, this item was released a week before
Rep: So the manufacturer contacted us back to tell us all the orders will be cancelled until the right release date
Rep: It will be available to pre-order the next week
Me: *asks if she has more specific information*
Rep: It will be available next week and it could be between Thursday and Friday, [Moonchild]"

Hmm. That's odd. What difference would it make if the pre-orders were a week ahead of schedule? If folks got their orders in to get Wal-Mart's stock, shouldn't that matter more than if the pre-orders are up at a specific date? It all serves the same purpose in giving Wal-Mart money.

Toki767

If this was meant towards me, I realize that customer service could have inaccurate information, but here's what she told me verbatim:

"Rep: Hello [Moonchild]! I'm really glad to help you today!
Me: *asks about the SNES pre-orders being cancelled*
Rep: Let me inform that due a mistake in our system, which I'm really really sorry for, this item was released a week before
Rep: So the manufacturer contacted us back to tell us all the orders will be cancelled until the right release date
Rep: It will be available to pre-order the next week
Me: *asks if she has more specific information*
Rep: It will be available next week and it could be between Thursday and Friday, [Moonchild]"

Customer service lies all the time.

I asked a friend who works for Walmart.com doing online inventory stock and he said they aren't even privy to when things go up for pre-order.

The SNES Classic won't require FCC approval because there is no wireless piece in the device.

That's not how things work.
Wired devices can still cause interference - on an alaogue television and an NES (or SNES, for that matter) connected via coaxial and set to Channel 4, try viewing Channel 5.

Hmm. That's odd. What difference would it make if the pre-orders were a week ahead of schedule? If folks got their orders in to get Wal-Mart's stock, shouldn't that matter more than if the pre-orders are up at a specific date? It all serves the same purpose in giving Wal-Mart money.

If preorders haven't officially started yet, they might not have gotten finalized numbers for how many they are receiving, meaning they're not yet able to guarantee everyone who placed an order will get one.

Maengun1

Wal-Mart has burned me twice recently, so I'm not surprised at all to see fuckery.

During the height of the amiibo craze I placed a big order at walmart when they went up first once, ignored the other preorders from gamestop, amazon, best buy etc. because I was "set," then walmart cancelled my order and I was SOL.

Then during the week of the Switch launch this spring they claimed to have the neon red and blue joycon packs, I placed an order....they kept me hanging in "processing" for over 2 weeks, e-mails claiming they were getting it for sure don't worry, then finally "lol we never had them sorry"

Never again will I trust them with limited video game stuff. They just make shit up out of thin air.

Lol I was on the Walmart website last night and I had the SNES in my cart ready to checkout. Then I said to myself "you know what I hate Walmart screw them!" Then I just closed the website and I'm glad for it. I'll take Amazon, Best Buy or stand in line for it any day over buying from Walmart.

"mine is still processing"

That's what happens when you order high demanding shit from walmart. Nearly took a huge L on the black friday 3ds bundle when various retailers opened up orders at the same time and I decided to go with them.

The ridiculous hoops to jump through and bullshit drama just for an $80 emulator box. Absurd.

Welcome to Nintendo, where the goal is to always sell to about 1 in 10 people who actually want something.

Yeah, they made 2.3 million NES Classic. I'm willing to guess they could have sold 23 million if they wanted to.

Let's see if they learned their lesson with the SNES Classic, which actually includes a game that has literally never been released after it was canceled 22 years ago! Maybe they'll make 2.4 million this time!

Toki767

People act like Walmart is the only company that cancels pre-orders.

I guess people weren't around when Amazon failed to deliver Switch units at launch to people who pre-ordered.

Top Bottom