• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

shockdude

Reposting since I think this is still relevant.
I've ordered from Walmart.com a couple months ago, and I might be able to explain the credit card cancellation issue.
Walmart's systems are overly strict; if you have a new account and the website doesn't like your credit card and/or your purchase, the website will cancel your order. You have to call Walmart customer support to get the website to accept your credit card, and then you can place the order.
The CS rep I had was great so it didn't take long, but it's obviously long enough for you to miss the pre-order.

I got lucky with my pre-order, visited GAF 20 minutes after the thread went up.
My order is still active, using the same card that I had previously used on Walmart.

Chuckl3s

For people who are getting cancellations, you should put what you did when you ordered, and about when you ordered. So like

Payment: Paypal
Ordered 1 (or 2) units
Store pickup or shipping
etc

I ordered mine to be shipped to my house, using a normal CC and ordered within 3 minutes of the post being made.

With CC, shipped to my place, within ten minutes of the thread. Walmart still hasn't canceled.

Man it really sucks for all of you guys who are getting your orders cancelled. Hopefully another store lets you preorder them with no issues.

Now I'm kinda glad that I didn't manage to score a preorder.

Yea, my order is still processing but that doesn't mean anything. I had a Switch cancelled on me at Walmart the day before I was set to pick it up.

My only hope is that because I ordered within a minute of it going up that I'm ok.

Inexpensive, appealing look of the device, cost of all those games would cost way more, HDMI output, and no other place to legally have a full version of Star Fox 2.
Party on
brucewaaa.gif

Charadis

Just checked, and my preorder is still up. Order confirmed at 11:04pm CDT (when email confirmation received), minutes before it sold out. Used debit card and different shipping address. Ordered just one.

ZugZug123

Kinda sad I missed the Walmart pre-order, was busy playing Splatoon 2 and did not pay attention to anything else during that time :p

Hanmik

First time ever I have preordered a Nintendo console.. Me and the wife played Super Mario World on the original snes, we unlocked a lot. And then our oldest daughter accidently kicked the console.. And the game saves got erased.. And super mario world is the ONLY video game my wife plays with me..

But it is quite expensive here.. Around $235 us dollars. And it won't arrive Before the 18th. Of October.

bronk

Banned
Pre ordered 2 and used paypal. Seems all good for me as of now. Holding out hope. One for myself and my nephew.

cucuchu

First time I have preordered anything on Walmart but I'm looking forward to playing some of these games with my daughter and son just like my dad did with me all those years ago. I have great memories of playing Mario Kart and Secret of Mana with him.

Hope there is enough made for everyone that legit wants to just experience the classics to get one.

No cancellation yet, and PayPal had already been charged. Hopefully all goes well because I'm bummed about missing the NES classic.

No cancellation yet, and PayPal had already been charged. Hopefully all goes well because I'm bummed about missing the NES classic.
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but that made no difference when Walmart had the Tekken 7 CE price mistake - those orders were still cancelled and refunded. :\

Madame M

Banned
Still no cancellation email, I'm surprised

I hadn't ordered anything from walmart.com before so I had to spend time filling out a ton of shit before placing my order.

read it again

Ok yeah I was confused by all the people talking about Amazon stuff and assumed it was US site, still got a chance then. Did Nintendo say something about pre-orders starting soon for the SNES mini and that's why this post was created?

NeOak

Ok yeah I was confused by all the people talking about Amazon stuff and assumed it was us site, still got a chance then. Did Nintendo say something about pre-orders starting soon for the SNES mini and that's why this post was created?

No, Walmart started out of the blue for the US.

So, are there people here saying they were told all walmart orders would be cancelled, or just repeating what they've read on the internet? I wanna see some chat logs.

YuShtink

Welp, mine got canceled. But I never received any confirmation e-mails. Wasted a bunch of time trying to find my order with customer support but they just told me it was canceled. So bummed.

Spacebar

So, are there people here saying they were told all walmart orders would be cancelled, or just repeating what they've read on the internet? I wanna see some chat logs.

Someone posted a screen shot few pages back, but nothing is really definitive yet. It could be a photoshop of some salty person or a rep who wanted to get them off their back.

Watching gaf and the discord today I don't think that many people have had their orders cancelled. I imagine a lot of people were rushing to buy it last night (myself included) and probably entered in information wrong for their billing. WM also could have ran out and had to cancel orders so they didn't oversell what they think they're going to get.

Top Bottom