• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

NeOak

Oh no, she's a scalper. She did the same with the NES Mini.

q6Ye2We.png

Perhaps when they put the preorder up the didn't limit the number of orders. After seeing how quickly the orders were coming in they took the page down, determined how many preorders they were going to be given in the initial shipment, and then started canceling orders that exceeded that number?

jaaz

Ordered with AMEX about 5 minutes after orders went live. AMEX not tied to any bank. Order is still active.

F34R

Because the next step is when it has shipped.

Actually, it was 2 per order. Already had people whining about the obvious slickdeals people with multiple orders, so hence why a thread with rules had to be made.

The way my bank works...

You get a pre authorization charge showing up when you order something. If it goes through, then it's charged to the account. If it expires, and the charge doesn't go through, then either you've pre-ordered something that doesn't get charged until shipped, or the order will be canceled. So... that's what I'm waiting to find out.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The way my bank works...

You get a pre authorization charge showing up when you order something. If it goes through, then it's charged to the account. If it expires, and the charge doesn't go through, then either you've pre-ordered something, or the order will be canceled. So... that's what I'm waiting to find out.

Walmart may pre-auth, let it expire then charge right before it ships.

I wouldn't get too nervous about the pre-auth expiring.

The way my bank works...

You get a pre authorization charge showing up when you order something. If it goes through, then it's charged to the account. If it expires, and the charge doesn't go through, then either you've pre-ordered something that doesn't get charged until shipped, or the order will be canceled. So... that's what I'm waiting to find out.

Walmart doesn't charge until shipped. So, the charge is going to fall off regardless.

F34R

Walmart may pre-auth, let it expire then charge right before it ships.

I wouldn't get too nervous about the pre-auth expiring.

I wouldn't be concerned if all these others weren't getting canceled.

Walmart doesn't charge until shipped. So, the charge is going to fall off regardless.

Right... which is why I'm waiting to see if the charge falls off, and the pre-order stands, or it gets canceled after the charge is cleared.

NeOak

I wouldn't be concerned if all these others weren't getting canceled.

Right... which is why I'm waiting to see if the charge falls off, and the pre-order stands, or it gets canceled after the charge is cleared.

it will go away and the preorder will be there.

I've already preordered stuff from there before.

You paid with a card, so that is how it is supposed to be. Doesn't matter what bank you have.

Mine's still processing.

There's no chance Wal-Mart will cancel every order. That's just a rumor corroborated by self-created chatlogs from those upset that they either missed out or that their order got canceled.

F34R

it will go away and the preorder will be there.

I've already preordered stuff from there before.

You paid with a card, so that is how it is supposed to be. Doesn't matter what bank you have.

I know how it normally works, and that's what it's doing now. However, since people are showing that their orders have been canceled, I'm still sitting with a little concern. If it doesn't, and it just goes along the way it's normally does, cool.

NeOak

I know how it normally works, and that's what it's doing now. However, since people are showing that their orders have been canceled, I'm still sitting with a little concern. If it doesn't, and it just goes along the way it's normally does, cool.

Seems it was problems with authorizing the card to begin with, so if the authorizations show, you're good.

mjc

Mine is still processing as well. We'll see how things go in the next day or two.

Edit: I paid with Paypal, and it shows it as a completed payment on my account overview.

galvatron

Just checked and my order is canceled. I got in pretty early after the thread went up, too.

It was an impulse buy that I was thinking of selling to a friend at cost, so not too upset about it...

andymcc

Banned
quick question: any one preorder the NES Classic from walmart?

my date is a few days after launch. did anyone that have a scheduled "few days later" end up getting it at launch? i might give this one to my friend if i can't get it at launch lol

My order is still processing. I ordered when it was first posted on craigslist and didn't have any replies. I ordered 2. One for me and one for my third cousin Marco.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just checked, Walmart charged me for my pre-order, seems like it's happening? & guessing it's just the "checking to ensure you have enough money in your account" charge similar to what Best Buy does, correct?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's right. It's a pre-authorization charge.
Cool, I figured as such, but thank you for clarifying.

I ordered 3 of them, one for me, one for a canadian friend, & one more for my best friend. Something in the back of my mind feared Walmart would see "ordered 3 on the same account = SCALPER!" & cancel the orders, but thankfully, that might not be the case, especially since I want to ensure my friends get them as well.

Though I might see if I can order one from Best Buy &/or Amazon just as a back-up & then maybe cancel two of the Walmart ones so I don't end up with more than what I need.

Mine's still processing.

There's no chance Wal-Mart will cancel every order. That's just a rumor corroborated by self-created chatlogs from those upset that they either missed out or that their order got canceled.

Nah, I was told the same thing by a chat rep and my order is still processing. Often reps are misinformed, or things change, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Madame M

Banned
I'm surprised my order wasn't cancelled, I guess if it survives tomorrow I'll have high hopes for this. I should have ordered another for my sister but when I ordered myself I wasn't thinking and just plowed through to order one and even then I figured that order was going to be too late at like 15 minutes in. Live and learn I guess, just order and ask questions later!

Cool, I figured as such, but thank you for clarifying.

I ordered 3 of them, one for me, one for a canadian friend, & one more for my best friend. Something in the back of my mind feared Walmart would see "ordered 3 on the same account = SCALPER!" & cancel the orders, but thankfully, that might not be the case, especially since I want to ensure my friends get them as well.

Though I might see if I can order one from Best Buy &/or Amazon just as a back-up & then maybe cancel two of the Walmart ones so I don't end up with more than what I need.

Righteous one

For whatever it's worth, people have been tweeting at Walmart how happy they were to get a preorder and have received congratulatory replies. Feel like I trust that from their official social media account more than some random customer service reps.

https://twitter.com/Walmart/status/889210161243598848 is one example.

Nice! Thanks for sharing. This is great news for all in this thread!!!

Glad to see all the game chat logs debunked

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
For whatever it's worth, people have been tweeting at Walmart how happy they were to get a preorder and have received congratulatory replies. Feel like I trust that from their official social media account more than some random customer service reps.

https://twitter.com/Walmart/status/889210161243598848 is one example.

I wouldn't trust either of them. If yours hasn't been canceled, continue to hope for the best.

chekhonte

I want to get one of these for my wife so badly but I know it isn't going to happen. I have email alerts and everything but after all the scalping and hype for the nes classic, I have a feeling that this one is going to be even worse.

Top Bottom