• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

fester

Banned
So, are there people here saying they were told all walmart orders would be cancelled, or just repeating what they've read on the internet? I wanna see some chat logs.

I saw the chat log screenshot earlier but it smells like BS. I struggle to understand a scenario where "all orders are being cancelled" in which they are cancelled only a few at a time. It would be all them at once and plenty of people still have their orders in tact.

nickerous

Still got mine. Ordered around 11:40 last night, paid with card for in store pickup. Funds have hit my account, so hopefully everything is ok.

Yukinari

I wonder if the cancelled orders are from too many people ordering from walmarts in their area. Not sure if that makes sense but whatever. Hope they dont cancel mine.

oatmeal

Banned
Mines still good and processing. Fingers crossed.

Question - with the likelihood of this getting hacked, could NES games be put on here? I recall SNES games hacked onto the NES.

I wonder if the cancelled orders are from too many people ordering from walmarts in their area. Not sure if that makes sense but whatever. Hope they dont cancel mine.

That doesn't make sense because they will ship the number of preordered consoles from their warehouses where they are needed. It's not as if you are ordering consoles which are in stock at individual stores right now.

As far as I can tell, most people getting canceled are falling victim to "unable to verify payment" or "unable to verify address" which is just routine online ordering errors. There's no evidence that mass-cancellation of all preorders is going to happen besides Internet trolls.

Lucent

So far no cancellation. I ordered 2 with in store pickup (I work there and it's a 5 minute drive at most). Can pick it up while at work. I used a debit card and the funds are pending on my account. Hopefully goes away soon because these things are still 2 months away.

Syriel

So far no cancellation. I ordered 2 with in store pickup (I work there and it's a 5 minute drive at most). Can pick it up while at work. I used a debit card and the funds are pending on my account. Hopefully goes away soon because these things are still 2 months away.

So you're set, no matter what. ;)

Yeah, mine is still processing and apparently I was a last minute order as well at 12:07 EST. I won't flood the thread with any other updates unless I get a cancellation.

maty

My order was cancelled less than a minute after getting the confirmation email. They said my payment information could not be verified which I double checked and it was correct from the start (payed with credit card).

Today I spoke with customer support and they told snes classic preorder went up by mistake and that they would all be cancelled. Of course I don't believe every order will be but that was what they said, you can choose to believe me or not. I'm not writing this to be funny or something.

I asked why the cc was declined and it had something to do with the system but it should not happen for future purchases.

DarkKyo

Ordered mine within the last few minutes of it being up and my order seems to be intact, at the "processing" stage. Is it safe?

I don't know, man. Sometimes I think Nintendo products may just dematerialize into nothing even as I hold them in my hand. You'll never know if you actually have it.

My uncle doesn't work for Nintendo but he does work for the company that develops the plastics for Nintendo and I can confirm this is true. Their products are designed to break down over time which is what spurs sales when they just release the same old games over and over and over again.

DeathPeak

Has anyone still not received e-mails about cancellations but seen that it was canceled on your account? I know some people initially saw that the site said their order was canceled, just wondering if they received e-mails hours later?

Head.spawn

This thread being bumped gave me a panic attack. I started frantically slapping at my keyboard trying hitting every key near F5 and trying to type at the same time.

No bueno.

Both of my pre-orders are still processing, but I noticed an error that is giving me pause. My name for billing info uses my last name as my last name as middle name (e.g. John Smith Smith). The pre-auth went through to my bank so I'm hopeful there are no issues.

Why are so many people pre ordering two?
I sent one to my house and one to my brother on the other side of the country. Him and I bonded playing SNES games together growing up. He's now a poor college student and can't afford things like this. So, I got it for him as a gift.

F34R

So my pre-authorization charge expires tonight 11:42pm (EST). When that expires, either the order will be "fulfilled", or it will be canceled. We'll see.

What's up with all the gift shaming?

I don't get it either.

Anyways, getting back on topic, Walmart still shows processing (no cancellation yet). Crossing my fingers the whole "We're cancelling pre-orders due to putting the thing up to early" was a fluke.

I don't get it either.

Anyways, getting back on topic, Walmart still shows processing (no cancellation yet). Crossing my fingers the whole "We're cancelling pre-orders due to putting the thing up to early" was a fluke.

Yeah. If they're cancelling all of them, they're doing it at the slowest possible rate.

I didn't even realize you could order two.

I was in just a frantic hurry to get to the "Place Order" button I didn't even see you could order an extra. ;p

BriGuy

Anybody had theirs recently cancelled today?
Doesn't seem like it, but maybe it's dependent on your bank? I wonder if the charge back process is automatically resulting in the cancellations for whatever reason, and those of us who are "lucky" so far are in for a rude surprise when our banks get around to processing those requests?

NeOak

So my pre-authorization charge expires tonight 11:42pm (EST). When that expires, either the order will be "fulfilled", or it will be canceled. We'll see.

I ordered one using a credit card and ship to store and my order is still "processing".

Because the next step is when it has shipped.

Walmart allowed 2 per customer. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of that, especially with how limited the NES Classic was. If I wasn't in such a rush to get the order in I would've gone with 2 as well.

Actually, it was 2 per order. Already had people whining about the obvious slickdeals people with multiple orders, so hence why a thread with rules had to be made.

eXMomoj

Walmart allowed 2 per customer. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of that, especially with how limited the NES Classic was. If I wasn't in such a rush to get the order in I would've gone with 2 as well.

It was actually 2 per order, not customer. My coworker ordered 6 and none of them have been cancelled so far.

Top Bottom