• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition

Guerrilla

OP, you buried the lead:

Screen-Shot-2017-08-18-at-12.56.59-PM.png

Fuck

I want these! Im ready to pay 15 bucks for three packs shipped to Germany, who is in? ;)

Ot: day FUCKING one

Edit: im open to offers ;) or are those old news?

Whoever authorised that text on the pad to be vertical wants fucking. Just stick it across the bottom like on the custom controllers. Or don't bother at all.

Colbert

Banned
For those are interested in this special edition.

Just learned the "Project Scorpio Special Edition" is in limited quantity and comes with a included stand like the 2TB Xbox One S launch model did.

Just learned the "Project Scorpio Special Edition" is in limited quantity and comes with a included stand like the 2TB Xbox One S launch model did.

Thanks for the info Colbert! I wonder if this will launch early like the 2TB One S did as well...

Is there any difference in price release date or anything else besides the green writing?

Thank god. I'm not a fan of the green text and I have no interest in a vertical stand. I would like to get it early though so will be pissed if they don't all launch at the same time.

I have no info on the price but I assume it is still $499 even with the stand.

Not sure if this is really any indication, but Microsoft's product page for the Xbox One X notes that the price is $499. Whereas the Xbox One S is labelled as "Starting at $249"

Colbert

Banned
Thank god. I'm not a fan of the green text and I have no interest in a vertical stand. I would like to get it early though so will be pissed if they don't all launch at the same time.

From how it looks you will be able to pre-order a normal or a special edition console. So you are not forced to buy the limited edition.

Not sure if this is really any indication, but Microsoft's product page for the Xbox One X notes that the price is $499. Whereas the Xbox One S is labelled as "Starting at $249"

As I said I have no info about pricing but the 2TB model which was $399 iirc included the stand for free.

From how it looks you will be able to pre-order a normal or a special edition console. So you are not forced to buy the limited edition.

Ok, good. I just want an all black matte console. The green text detracts from the premium feel IMO. Not gonna lie, if it's releasing earlier than the standard SKU then I'll be tempted to bite anyway. Won't be happy about it though.

That looks comically lazy. Good for them for leaning into memes, I guess.

That was the actual project name. All hardware, prior to getting their official name has a code name. They're just acknowledging it for fans. Don't get how that's a "meme".

Don't call it a meme just cause some idiot poster here said "Scorpio" or something.

Fisty

Figured this would be happen, it will probably help them a bit seeing as they advertised the console as "Scorpio" for a whole year

Theorry

Its all connected. Writing looks like a Matrix code, Matrix is Neo, Neo was the internal name of the PS4 Pro. Mind blown.

As I said I have no info about pricing but the 2TB model which was $399 iirc included the stand for free.
Sorry if you don't know this info but do you know if they're gonna have a 2TB one? All I see are preorder dates for the 1TB one.

So you can order the limited edition day one? I like the Project Scorpio brand.

Gator86

That was the actual project name. All hardware, prior to getting their official name has a code name. They're just acknowledging it for fans. Don't get how that's a "meme".

Don't call it a meme just cause some idiot poster here said "Scorpio" or something.

We all know where Scorpio came from. I don't think they'd be acknowledging it for fans if it didn't become so recognizable via the meme. I don't really care whether it's a meme or not, it's still just a regular Xbone with some tiny green lettering tacked on.

If it's 50 bucks more I might bite, otherwise...normal edition for me. Already have a 8TB external ready for scorpio.

Caayn

I like the text on the console itself not so much on the controller though. On the controller it feels out of place due to the vertical placement in the centre of the controller, I feel that it'd fit better on the battery cover instead of the Xbox logo.

This also better come with 2TB. The 1TB of the default Xbox One X SKU is not enough and shouldn't even exist, with first party games being 100GB+, to be honest

Colbert

Banned
Sorry if you don't know this info but do you know if they're gonna have a 2TB one? All I see are preorder dates for the 1TB one.

So you can order the limited edition day one? I like the Project Scorpio brand.

I don't know of a 2TB Xbox One X version. I also don't think MS is willing to offer a console above $500 tbh.

My info is you can pre-order the limited scorpio edition day one.

iV0CBch.png

MaulerX

Bit will the regular edition have that nice textured top like the Scorpio edition? Decisions decisions... 🤔

I don't know of a 2TB Xbox One X version. I also don't think MS is willing to offer a console above $500 tbh.

My info is you can pre-order the limited scorpio edition day one.

iV0CBch.png
Thanks for the response! I actually really want the Project Scorpio edition so if it's only 1TB then that's okay. I've just been so used to my 2TB One S haha.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I want the texture but not the text.

The texture helps make the console not look so boring from the top.

MaulerX

Thanks for the response! I actually really want the Project Scorpio edition so if it's only 1TB then that's okay. I've just been so used to my 2TB One S haha.

I have a 5TB external with the One S's 2TB internal but I think I'll just fork over for another 5TB external.

Colbert

Banned
I have a 5TB external with the One S's 2TB internal but I think I'll just fork over for another 5TB external.

There is an external Seagate drive that also has a pass through for 2 additional USB 3.0 ports with up to 8TB capacity. With the new UI it is also easy to move all your games between drives as a batch it makes a lot of sense.

Podge293

Can't see this as the surprise. They've definitely had text on the console before. Sure day 1 Xbox one had it on the controller

Top Bottom