• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and Knuckles' new designs leaked

Alienous

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

For starters, Sonic arms aren't blue, PERIOD.

Dear god. They're insane.

MrBadger

From a design standpoint, why do they both have bandages? Like, if they wanted to have Knuckles look like a big brawler, I can kind of understand the logic throwing some bandages on him. But why Sonic?

I guess bandages are to Sonic are what zips are to Kingdom Hearts.

From a design standpoint, why do they both have bandages? Like, if they wanted to have Knuckles look like a big brawler, I can kind of understand the logic throwing some bandages on him. But why Sonic?

Two options:

a) Eggman conquered the world and they are the resistence.

b) They are going in adventures around the world ala LaraCroft/NathanDrake.

Crisium

Just imagine the other designs they must have turned down from their team of artists. This was the best effort.

Fandangox

Knuckles' head ain't right at all. Sonic is fine though. Sonic can do without the hand wraps. It makes sense for Knuckles.

Yeah in all honestly Sonic's design is not that bad. The wraps are weird, it seems kind of like an "extra zippers" thing. Still pretty close to what I expected the redesign to be.

Knuckles design is really weird though, like I think it would have worked if they just made him slimmer.

but lol the legs.

What does he mean by 75 billion rings? How did they even track how many rings people collected in the Genesis, Dreamcast era games?

Or do they mean profit? I doubt Sega has made 75 billion dollars from the Sonic Franchise.

Hydrargyrus

Sonic looks like his hands and feet has been damaged during his life in the street, as homeless, drinking wine from a carton.

But he's happy after all

SonicTHP

Neo Member
Not that bad for a redesign, and considering the time spend in Classic and Adventure styles, I suppose it was bound to happen.

Not sure about the scarf and sports wrap on Sonic, but it works for Knuckles.

Once you see Sonic's new look as similar to a plunging v-neck shirt, there is no going back though...

Also, Sonic Generations again, with 3 Sonics? Who knows?

I think you guys are overreacting to the highest degree.

Also Knuckles is definitely black, finally we have the answer to that old thread.

TrueBlue

Sonic looks alright, I like his face. Scarf is a bit unnecessary, but I can dig it. Having blue arms just looks weird, but I can get used to it,

Knuckles...needs better proportions. Especially his head.

Well I don't love it but I'm not as offended as some folks.

I've never had that much love for Sonic since the 2d games though... with all this talk about revolutionizing the series - do you guys think there's a way to make a really good 3d sonic game? Like, is there a 3d game that could ONLY be made with Sonic, this specific super-fast chaotic type of character? I think there probably is, but most of the 3d ones I've played could just as well have been any cartoony IP.

Kriken

I'll be perfectly honest here. I expected way worse.

Don't know what everybody's freaking out about. I mean, These designs are nowhere near as bad as Eggman's 2006 redesign.

I don't know what you're talking about, that doesn't exist. That never happened. Lalalala, I'm not listening, lalalala

Top Bottom