• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Zach

So, like, say I wanted to play the best wrestling game ever... what would it be?

Notes: I love Revenge (WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy are good, too). I've dabbled in Fire Pro Returns and thought it was kinda cool, but definitely prefer Revenge. Smackdown/2K games range from bad to decent to me. I love Fight for NY, but want something more grounded in wrassle reality.

Are there awesome Japanese games I can play somehow without involving emulation?

I'm an adult!

TiLgtpd.gif

Bloodborne has way too many questionable design choices for me to say it's good. Now that I've had a few days to mull it over, I don't hate it or anything, but I definitely won't be going back to it.
So, like, say I wanted to play the best wrestling game ever... what would it be?

Notes: I love Revenge (WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy are good, too). I've dabbled in Fire Pro Returns and thought it was kinda cool, but definitely prefer Revenge. Smackdown/2K games range from bad to decent to me. I love Fight for NY, but want something more grounded in wrassle reality.

Are there awesome Japanese games I can play somehow without involving emulation?

Don't forget about Def Jam FFNY.

Adree

Revenge is the best. The WWF ones look like fan-made reskin trash.

Adree

I preordered Horizon, Nier Automata, and Wildlands using the $25 off $100 Best Buy deal. I should probably take a week off somewhere around then right?

I'm rewatching the Royal Rumble and I'm at the Cena vs Styles match and all I could think is..

What the fuck is up with Cenna's veins!?!? His viens looks like they are about to burst out of his arms and head. Were they always like that and I never noticed them?

I'm rewatching the Royal Rumble and I'm at the Cena vs Styles match and all I could think is..

What the fuck is up with Cenna's veins!?!? His views looks like they are about to burst out of his arms and head. We're the always like that and I never noticed them?
The veins have been very noticeable. Especially the arms.

The veins have been very noticeable. Especially the arms.

Ahh, so it's normal. I never noticed it before. I know people who uses steroids while they work out and even when I witness one of them go into a roid rage I've never seen their veins burst out like that. But I also don't make it a point to look for details on a other dudes body.

Adree

Ahh, so it's normal. I never noticed it before. I know people who uses steroids while they work out and even when I witness one of them go into a roid rage I've never seen their veins burst out like that. But I also don't make it a point to look for details on a other dudes body.

During that Rumble match he was also really flexing hard at times to make it stand out it seemed.

Ronin Ray

Watch me take the WM card from shit to decent:

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahonShinsuke Nakamura

Took me 20 seconds to type

Just have Shane be Nak's manager .

Simple booking just have AJ be upset he never got a one on one rematch for the WWE title. Have Shane come out to confront AJ. Have AJ destroy Shane really bad . Have Shane cut a promo saying how he is no match for AJ and bringing someone in. Boom bring in nakamura.

kirblar

Just have Shane be Nak's manager .

Simple booking just have AJ be upset he never got a one on one rematch for the WWE title. Have Shane come out to confront AJ. Have AJ destroy Shane really bad . Have Shane cut a promo saying how he is no match for AJ and bringing someone in. Boom bring in nakamura.
I've been suspecting this is the actual plan due to Nakamura being completely absent from NXT since the rumble.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dave was saying they might go Sami v Joe at Fastlane just to have at least that one good 15-20min match.

They could go AJ v Nak at Mania because they want their own "6 star match" but Mania is so bloated as it is they would get what, 10mins? :/

Anth0ny

Dave was saying they might go Sami v Joe at Fastlane just to have at least that one good 15-20min match.

They could go AJ v Nak at Mania because they want their own "6 star match" but Mania is so bloated as it is they would get what, 10mins? :/

Would be amazing if they went from literally the worst possible scenario (AJ vs Shane) to the best possible scenario (AJ vs Nakamura)

Adree

I'm sure Vince thinks Shane can get 6 stars on his own.

Easy, young Zachary. Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, the AJPW AKI game that was released in Japan between Mania 2000 and No Mercy. Oh... misread the emulation part. In that case [shrugs]

Top Bottom