• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja to announce new title at TGS

Takao

Banned
Not that I think it will be a Nintendo title (maybe multiplat), but just because Nintendo isn't exhibiting doesn't mean Nintendo titles can't be announced.

I did not mean games for Nintendo platforms. I meant a Nintendo game. Metroid is a Nintendo IP. It is a Nintendo game. If Nintendo is not at TGS why would it be announced there?

Endo Punk

Itagaki back with Team Ninja .. announces Ninja Gaiden 4!

They're nothing without Itagaki :(

It seems Itagaki needs Team Ninja more than Team Ninja needs Itagaki. I mean look at Kamiya, Mikami and Inafune, they have created games after leaving Capcom as well started up their own studios with great publishing deals. Itagaki can't even get his Devil's turd off the ground and we haven't seen anything since 2010.

It's not Ni-Oh. The same Famitsu article that they talked about Ni-Oh being in alpha stage they also talked about a top secret new IP.

Kinyou

Code Cronus *fingers crossed*
laugh367uil.gif

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Given Nintendo's BFF status with Tecmo Koei right now, I would be mildly surprised if this was not on Wii U.

BadWolf

They have my attention after DOA5, the game looks damn good and the gameplay seems solid as well.

Heh, it would be funny if its NG4 for PS360.

ElRenoRaven

It's obviously going to be the new Mario game. Nintendo loved the job they did with Other M and obviously are going to trust them to tackle the plumbers next 3D adventure.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
All this makes me think is that I really hope to hear something about Devil's Third this TGS

It seems Itagaki needs Team Ninja more than Team Ninja needs Itagaki. I mean look at Kamiya, Mikami and Inafune, they have created games after leaving Capcom as well started up their own studios with great publishing deals. Itagaki can't even get his Devil's turd off the ground and we haven't seen anything since 2010.

He picked the wrong publisher.

I also think his game was a bit more ambitious than Mikami and Inafune's first titles after leaving their parent companies.

.la1n

lmao at all the people who think Team Ninja is the reason Other M was crap. You can thank Sakamoto for every single bad decision that went into that game.

lmao at all the people who think Team Ninja is the reason Other M was crap. You can thank Sakamoto for every single bad decision that went into that game.

The gameplay/music/artistry/environment design/enemy design/controls/combat/secrets/level design/upgrade mechanic/imagination/pacing/cutscenes/voice acting/pixel-hunting were all shit though. Sakamoto went into offensive, misogynistic and disrespectful territory while conceiving and directing the project and should have a restraining order preventing him from approaching the franchise ever again - but Team Ninja brought their own shit to the table too.

.la1n

The gameplay/music/artistry/environment design/enemy design/controls/combat/secrets/level design/upgrade mechanic/imagination/pacing/cutscenes/voice acting/pixel-hunting were all shit though. Sakamoto went into offensive, misogynistic and disrespectful territory while conceiving and directing the project and should have a restraining order preventing him from approaching the franchise ever again - but Team Ninja brought their own shit to the table too.

Neat image but I'm not seeing a source as to what Team Ninja was directly involved in.

Neat image but I'm not seeing a source as to what Team Ninja was directly involved in.

I assume one or more of the above criteria.

If they were not involved with either the gameplay/music/artistry/environment design/enemy design/controls/combat/secrets/level design/upgrade mechanic/imagination/pacing/cutscenes/voice acting/pixel-hunting, then the only work they could have done on the project would have been the only thing left: the pause menu - which I remember being functional.

Seriously, they were listed as a major contributor to the title, and would have had input into the above areas of shitness.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Why would it be anything DOA or Ninja Gaiden related? Those two already have very recent iterations. DOAXV3 makes no sense either considering the timing to DOA5 and considering whether or not they still want to make one as Itagaki was the driving force behind those games.

It's either a totally new game, or a new Vita port.

Top Bottom