• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 |OT| .HTML

Nyx

How is the driving?

Twitchy.

You make hard turns when steering, I got used to it fast though.

I'm liking the game so far (3 hours in), but am going to wait for the day 1 patch before I move on, hopefully that does something to pedestrian/traffic density and more important, traffic AI.

It kills immersion when you leave your car on the road to see other drivers just wait behind it till forever instead of passing your empty car. :(

So I have some extra PSN credit, but I hear the game has performance issues on the base PS4. Some say it's severe, others not as much.

How bad is it?

Performance has been fine for me, no crashes or noticeable framerate problems at all.

LoveCake

Cool OT.

Still not sure about this, waiting for the reviews.

RV4uGDZ.gif

When is that Stream supposed to start, should be live now, but it's not :(

noomi

I didn't hate the first one even though many did, completed the entire game and all collectibles... so if this one is supposed to be even better... sure I'll jump on this...

Gold Edition pre-ordered on PSN. My gf considers this game to be like GTA and she was sad when I sold WD1 when we switched to only digital games.

It should be pre-loading now but I can't check.

N° 2048

Gold Edition pre-ordered on PSN. My gf considers this game to be like GTA and she was sad when I sold WD1 when we switched to only digital games.

It should be pre-loading now but I can't check.

Man, I want to play @ midnight so badly but Amazon.ca had the game for 49.99 .

Buzzbrad

I am curious about the music in the game. Can't seem to find a list of the songs anywhere. Is Kanye in this game at all? I know Stronger was in one of the promo videos.

nynt9

Does this game have co-op similar to far cry 4? I know there's dark souls like invasions but I'm wondering if I can meet up with my friend and play together.

Does this game have co-op similar to far cry 4? I know there's dark souls like invasions but I'm wondering if I can meet up with my friend and play together.

there are co-op specific missions...you see yourself as Marcus and see your friend as whatever avatar they chose for themselves early in the game's prologue section (vice versa for your friend...they see themselves as Marcus and you as the avatar)

TimFL

there are co-op specific missions...you see yourself as Marcus and see your friend as whatever avatar they chose for themselves early in the game's prologue section (vice versa for your friend...they see themselves as Marcus and you as the avatar)

Is it comparable to Assassin's Creed Unity Co-Op? Like can I freeroam with my friends? Are there a lot of coop quests (and are they interesting/worth it or just filler content)?
Might bite and get this now on PSN (69€ ugh...) because we're in dire need of a cool co-op game (friend bought a Pro last week and all we did was play the Steep beta so far).

//EDIT: I read something about permanent coop partners? Does that mean I can invite 3 friends and they'll always show up freeroaming in my game? Like a shared world?

Ashtar

Is it comparable to Assassin's Creed Unity Co-Op? Like can I freeroam with my friends? Are there a lot of coop quests (and are they interesting/worth it or just filler content)?
Might bite and get this now on PSN (69€ ugh...) because we're in dire need of a cool co-op game (friend bought a Pro last week and all we did was play the Steep beta so far).

//EDIT: I read something about permanent coop partners? Does that mean I can invite 3 friends and they'll always show up freeroaming in my game? Like a shared world?
Yeah pretty much like unity, you can free roam and do missions together
I think that's limited to 2, bounty hunt is 4 players hunting down one other player

Tovarisc

So how long before we get some clickbait talking about how Watch_Dogs 2 teaches our youngsters how to 3D print firearms?

Catdaddy

Everyone keeps saying the driving is terrible. Is it markedly worse than the original, or did everyone think it sucked in that also?

I found the faster cars were much more difficult to handle, if I had to drive a car went economy class.. when I ordered - I always got a motorcycle - got to point I could fly through most of the map at top speed...

dreamfall

Beautiful OT!~ Got to wait for the PC version but I'm so hyped about it. Going to walk around Chicago for the last time in awhile and get ready for the Bay!

I found the faster cars were much more difficult to handle, if I had to drive a car went economy class.. when I ordered - I always got a motorcycle - got to point I could fly through most of the map at top speed...

Sounds like the same with the first game. The cars didn't drive too well but the motorcycles were great

Muffdraul

Is it possible to hack with the Quadcopter? So many places I can't reach :(

if something is remote hackable then you can use the drone...some things can only be physically hacked so you'd have to use the jumper or hack it yourself

if you can't get somewhere you may have to look for forklifts, cranes, remote hackable platforms, etc to try and reach

Sojgat

Everyone keeps saying the driving is terrible. Is it markedly worse than the original, or did everyone think it sucked in that also?

I loved the driving in the first game, but many people hated it and complained.

If the driving actually is worse in WD2, my rants on the subject will get pretty annoying.

painey

godamn! I had no idea it came out on Tuesday and I didn't pre order with amazon, so now I won't get it til Thursday.

Top Bottom