• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 |OT| .HTML

Lijik

I stupidly fucking bought the Season Pass for PC on Kinguin (back in January). I've bought several games / expansions on there before, never had a problem.

As soon as the DLC started rolling out, I noticed the content was not installing. It recognize I own the Season Pass but is stuck on 'Not Installed'. Talking to Ubisoft was useless - they told me the Season Pass Key from Kinguin was most likely purchased with a stolen credit card #, so even though it shows my Season Pass as 'Active' - Ubisoft put a block on it to prevent any DLC from installing.

Talking to Kinguin is also useless, since I didn't purchase buyer protection. And of course since I bought the fucking pass well before DLC came out - my PayPal refund window has long passed.

Warning to all that use Kinguin. Maybe avoid for any kind of Season Pass situation, where you can't verify the content 100% works immediately upon buying. Or I guess purchase buyer protection if you're going to.

That said - this was the 10th thing I've bought and the first issue I've had.

Love the game, so guess I'm going to be repurchasing the DLC again - this time probably individually ugh...

On a different note - how is the online for Watch Dogs 2 PC? Haven't played yet. Not a huge fan of multiplayer (even GTA V). Any chance I'll like this?

Is it showing up as not installed in-game or on uplay? Having to manually install everything on uplay threw me for a loop when i got the season pass

DirtyLarry

So how is the first DLC at $15? I enjoyed the hell out of the base game, beat it, so is the DLC worth it? I feel like I can go back.

Or should I spring for the Season Pass and get both DLC?

FYI I am only into the SP experience, do not care about MP or Co-Op, so keep that in mind.

My only complaint with WD2 is the fact that the game shoves these online missions in your face practically begging "Play me, play me!!"

Are they a requirement for completing the main story campaign?

Talking about the purple colored missions in your phone app that appear above any "main missions".

Lijik

you can skip the co-op missions, they dont impact the main campaign beyond being an additional way to gain followers/money. If you have the dlc, you need to do the Off the Hook co-op missions for an achievement/trophy if thats something you're into.

you can skip the co-op missions, they dont impact the main campaign beyond being an additional way to gain followers/money. If you have the dlc, you need to do the Off the Hook co-op missions for an achievement/trophy if thats something you're into.

Ah, okay. That's good. I don't really care for the online portion right now and I just want to focus on wrapping up the story missions.

I love the game but I'm not sure how much I can squeeze out of it beyond the main story because it throws so much to do at you outside of that. I have so little time as it is for gaming these days and a backlog that keeps growing due to my insufferable habit of buying new games.

Nowise10

Pretty sure playing this games multiplayer on Xbox breaks something on the console itself with networking. Anytime I am playing multiplayer and it decides to stop working randomly and will search for 5+ minutes with no results, when I quit the game and try and restart it, I am greeted with this message.

If I try and load the game again, typically it will work just fine, but usually what also happens is my console will want to act like it isn't online anymore, and I get this

And this isn't just limited to Watch Dogs 2 acting like I am not online after the multiplayer quits working. Here is what happened when I tried loading Battlefield 1 after Watch Dogs 2 multiplayer stopped working.

No idea what PS4 is like, but I've read people having similar issues on both consoles. Fix your shit, Ubi.

Just want to update 6 months after I made this post that they still have not properly fixed the multiplayer and networking in Watch Dogs 2, and it still breaks the consoles network abilities randomly. Been playing online the past couple days and need to hard reset my console after about an hour of playing everytime.

I'm really close to the end, and I absolutely love these characters and the world they inhabit, but the story threads are kind of all over the place and while I enjoy the dialogue and general structure of the missions, the story isn't propelling me forward and so I'm just procrastinating on finishing.

Is the ending worth it? I care about the characters, but feel like I got the gist of the battle they're fighting and the causes they fight for. I don't care what happens to Douche-an.

Thinking about picking this up. I checked HLTB (frankly don't know how reliable this is), and it has the main story as 18 hours with a completionist run taking 40-50 hours. That didn't sound too bad given how big I expected the game to be.

Is that generally accurate? Just trying to figure out how much of a time sink this is going to be. I don't want something that's monstrously long, and it doesn't appear that this is, but I wanted to make sure.

Ashtar

Thinking about picking this up. I checked HLTB (frankly don't know how reliable this is), and it has the main story as 18 hours with a completionist run taking 40-50 hours. That didn't sound too bad given how big I expected the game to be.

Is that generally accurate? Just trying to figure out how much of a time sink this is going to be. I don't want something that's monstrously long, and it doesn't appear that this is, but I wanted to make sure.
Yeah I got the platinum in under 40 hours
Story of you mainline it would probably be 15-20 (possibly shorter) but I did side stuff as it came up (except the spray paint crap) and finished at around 30

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Guys I'm having a bit of an issue with the PS4 version.

Today is the third time it has prompted me to download update 1.15 (I've installed it twice previously)

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't 12 gig and sonys appallingly sloooooow servers however, does anyone have any idea why it keeps doing this?

It has told me that it downloaded and installed fine and have played the game with no issues yet this evening its downloading it again.

Sec0nd

Am I playing this game wrong? I really dug the first Watch_Dogs. The world was ok, the story was ok, but I really dug the gameplay. Sneaking around the place and manipulating the area with all the hacking was a blast. Some really great stealth gameplay to be had there.

With Watch_Dogs 2 though... Not quite sure how to play it I guess? It feels like I'm always just forced to use my lame ass drone. I drive to a location, scout the area with the cameras to see how I'll infiltrate only to realize that it's just almost mandatory to use the drone. Deploy the drone and race in and out and done. There's no tention, there is just drone racing.

I'm I doing it wrong? How should I play this game?

Am I playing this game wrong? I really dug the first Watch_Dogs. The world was ok, the story was ok, but I really dug the gameplay. Sneaking around the place and manipulating the area with all the hacking was a blast. Some really great stealth gameplay to be had there.

With Watch_Dogs 2 though... Not quite sure how to play it I guess? It feels like I'm always just forced to use my lame ass drone. I drive to a location, scout the area with the cameras to see how I'll infiltrate only to realize that it's just almost mandatory to use the drone. Deploy the drone and race in and out and done. There's no tention, there is just drone racing.

I'm I doing it wrong? How should I play this game?

So there's a few ways to play. It depends on the mission. The simpler ones might be like you describe but some of the more complex ones do require you to get in there and get your hands dirty. However, most of them can be accomplished by at the very least a 50/50 mix of drone and stealth/combat.

Once you unlock more skills then infiltration becomes easier. The sad thing is that the gunplay and stealth in general is a step down from the first game so it's just not super enjoyable to pull off. I loved doing everything with drones and keeping clean but if that's not your bag I get the disappointment.

Akai__

Just got an ~300MB update on Xbox One and the 4 Player Party thing is live it seems.
Unless it was live earlier and the 300MB thing is just a hotfix.

Jaraghan

Anyone else think the ending was meh? I mean
the final mission area was just a wave of enemies. Duchan just gave up. I didn't think it was a satisfying conclusion to the story. Marcus and co. were having hard times, and they finally got back at Duchan and CToS, but the ending was kind of dull.

Great game otherwise though. Dialogue and characters had me rolling at points, and were believable. Leagues beyond WD1 and Aiden.

vypek

the final mission area was just a wave of enemies. Duchan just gave up. I didn't think it was a satisfying conclusion to the story. Marcus and co. were having hard times, and they finally got back at Duchan and CToS, but the ending was kind of dull.

Great game otherwise though. Dialogue and characters had me rolling at points, and were believable. Leagues beyond WD1 and Aiden.

I agree with you. I didn't have any interest in the first WD1 but this one seemed interesting so I played it and loved it. I have a couple issue with the game and one of them absolutely was that the ending didn't finish strong. It was kind of like they were running out of time so they enhanced the story where they could but the ending was left lackluster and they didn't get it to the same level of quality/story-telling as the rest of the story.

Ashtar

I agree ending was kind of meh but an other awesome game

WeTeHa

So I tried out the multiplayer today, the bounty hunter thing. 7 out of 15 or so people I matched with were either sitting in the middle of Alcatraz or on a bigass boat in the middle of nowhere.

I don't get it, what's the point?

vypek

So I tried out the multiplayer today, the bounty hunter thing. 7 out of 15 or so people I matched with were either sitting in the middle of Alcatraz or on a bigass boat in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe thats just how people are playing it now so they can survive. When I was playing bounty I was running around the city and doing car chases. There were a couple times I was out on the water in a boat chase or someone was on a rock out in the water that I had to kill. And Alcatraz was a place someone and I were doing a bounty on.

Must be a strategy now to play like that and always be in Alcatraz or on a boat

N° 2048

I jumped back in after not playing for a while and the first game I got into, two kids were using wall glitches to win.

Top Bottom