• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 |OT| .HTML

WTF... I was just playing this yesterday! Now they take another 10gb off my what little space I have left. This gen is brutal, I need that external drive support immediately.

RustCohle

Neo Member
I had a fantastic time with this game. To me, a noticeable improvement over the first game that implemented enough new mechanics alongside a vibrant setting, memorable characters (which take awhile to grow on you, keep in mind) and seamless-coop implementation that kept you interested. It was always a guessing game/cat and mouse to figure out how to move through a multi co-op base with each of your abilities, and each time it always felt like nearly a new experience.

This is besides from the graphics, which are ridiculously sharp and clean on PS4 Pro. Overall, to me personally, a complete package well worth the price whenever ti goes on sale. I have high hopes for the future of this franchise after this installment.

Muninn

Banned
Played a bit with the new patch. Definitely a better FPS but a little. Seems more stable.

Using 2x TXAA still. The new SMAA option does not cover small lines very well and looks about as blurry.

Overall I am impressed. I am going for mostly Ultra and 80% detail, so I don't have anywhere near a straight 60, but my game is very playable now.

A beautiful game.

laxu

How is the game on PS4?

This week finnish web store sells Watch Dogs 2 Nordic Edition PS4 for 19€.

Yay or nay?

I say yay. Apart from the occasional bugs with despawning enemies and cars it works really smoothly and looks pretty good. Fun game.

LoveCake

I have now got this after playing the demo, one thing I don't like is when I am trying to play people keep coming into my game and messing about, setting off explosions etc, how can I stop people from coming in to my game, I want to try and do the missions without any bother, I am trying to play stealthy where the people coming in are armed to the teeth and shot everything in sight.

I have now got this after playing the demo, one thing I don't like is when I am trying to play people keep coming into my game and messing about, setting off explosions etc, how can I stop people from coming in to my game, I want to try and do the missions without any bother, I am trying to play stealthy where the people coming in are armed to the teeth and shot everything in sight.

In the main menu settings go to online settings and turn everything off

juventino

Banned
I had a fantastic time with this game. To me, a noticeable improvement over the first game that implemented enough new mechanics alongside a vibrant setting, memorable characters (which take awhile to grow on you, keep in mind) and seamless-coop implementation that kept you interested. It was always a guessing game/cat and mouse to figure out how to move through a multi co-op base with each of your abilities, and each time it always felt like nearly a new experience.

This is besides from the graphics, which are ridiculously sharp and clean on PS4 Pro. Overall, to me personally, a complete package well worth the price whenever ti goes on sale. I have high hopes for the future of this franchise after this installment.

This game was so good I 100% it in less than a week, and that's with a full time job

juventino

Banned
Finished yesterday. I played through the whole thing without using a gun once and it didn't feel like I was missing anything.

I did feel like the game went on a little long and that
everyone forgot Horatio existed really quickly.
It's definitely a huge step up from the last game which I felt really burned by (and was the first game I sold in about a decade). The shift in tone and to a more colorful setting did wonders.

Really? I beat the main story in 3 sittings, it was not long at all

Gator86

Man, this game didn't click with me at all. I love the tone and characters, but it's just not fun to play. The shooting feels bad, the stealth isn't especially engaging, and all of the hacking puzzles are mostly irritating. I enjoy everything except for the actual gameplay basically. I think I was roughly half to two-thirds of the way through before it was in the mail back to gamefly.

Took a bit for the game to click with me, but I'm really enjoying it now. It really opens up once you gets skills like distract, directional hack, and APB.

I try to play in specific ways:
- Only use the stun gun, no lethal guns
- Get into lethal conflicts as little as possible, and use stealth often
- Only hijack cars if absolutely necessary

I walk around the city a lot, more than drive. Like to scan people, send cops if they have a suspicious/criminal detail. I've been sending cops to deal with gang members, but that gets the cops killed usually; I hope you can place gang hits on other gang members

While the driving isn't as good as other games, the chases are much more exciting since you have so many options besides ramming and shooting like in a GTA. Sending cop cars crashing into other ones remotely or creating a traffic jam to get away is awesome

Took a bit for the game to click with me, but I'm really enjoying it now. It really opens up once you gets skills like distract, directional hack, and APB.

I try to play in specific ways:
- Only use the stun gun, no lethal guns
- Get into lethal conflicts as little as possible, and use stealth often
- Only hijack cars if absolutely necessary

I walk around the city a lot, more than drive. Like to scan people, send cops if they have a suspicious/criminal detail. I've been sending cops to deal with gang members, but that gets the cops killed usually; I hope you can place gang hits on other gang members

While the driving isn't as good as other games, the chases are much more exciting since you have so many options besides ramming and shooting like in a GTA. Sending cop cars crashing into other ones remotely or creating a traffic jam to get away is awesome

Indeed. My experience was similar. The first few missions and hours were frustrating due to the OP enemies and semi broken stealth mechanics.

They really should start you with a few basic abilities. The Cyberdriver mission without any driving hacks can be infuriating.

Midas

Bought this from the EU sale. I really liked the game but it fell a bit short with the campaign. Short is a good word, it just felt short. I assume that there are things I can find that I haven't yet to discover and there's lots of side missions to do, but I still wanted the campaign to be much longer than what it was.

Is it worth it to give the first game a try if I liked this one?

Gator86

Indeed. My experience was similar. The first few missions and hours were frustrating due to the OP enemies and semi broken stealth mechanics.

They really should start you with a few basic abilities. The Cyberdriver mission without any driving hacks can be infuriating.

Stealth felt completely broken for me half the time. One mission I was sneaking around then called for a gang on a guard to create a distraction. All the guards run over to fight while I do my thing at the objective. All of a sudden 4 guards come running over to where I am, attacking as if I was detected. Stuff like that happened a handful of times and it was infuriating.

Stealth felt completely broken for me half the time. One mission I was sneaking around then called for a gang on a guard to create a distraction. All the guards run over to fight while I do my thing at the objective. All of a sudden 4 guards come running over to where I am, attacking as if I was detected. Stuff like that happened a handful of times and it was infuriating.

Yeah. The problem is the AI is way too aggressive and the hive mind shit makes it incredibly unfun. Everyone instantly knows where you are and has pinpoint accuracy. It's mostly avoidable thanks to gadgets and limiting your physical presence but there are a few missions that really suffer from this.

massucci

Banned

OT but isn't it tearing more prominent on pro version? I have seen tons of walkthrough on YouTube and I could swear the ps4 base version drops vsync a lot less. Bizzarre no one complained about it.

Ducayne

Does anyone have any info on what the first story DLC is (and how much it'll cost?)

I just beat and 100% cheevo'd the game (LOVED IT, especially the characters) but now I feel obligated to beat the new story missions (not that you'll need to twice my arm too much).

One tiny gripe is I wish you could wire money to people rather than just take money. Unless I'm reading the UI wrong and that's what the $ phone hack does.

suikodan

Even though I love the game, one thing that disturb me is the fact that I can't let myself use guns.

Marcus and his friends are trying to change the world via hacking and releasing intel to the world and killing people doesn't compute with their goal for me.

In GTAV, we know that the trio are criminals but in WD2, I can't let myself use guns because it doesn't fit so I clear areas with the drone and RC but it feels like I'm missing something.

In WD1, aside from being an asshole, Aiden was a vigilante so it kind of justified the gunplay. Here, I feel guilty running over someone with the car.

It's just weird that I "eliminate" targets by putting them to sleep.

Ducayne

The Alcatraz mission is driving me bonkers. I once managed to get him out and the got shot when I tried to get out myself.

It was driving me crazy too-- I tried it like 5 times and gave up. Came back a day later and it was much easier (for some reason I was able to trick it into "vanishing" in a hallway on the first floor (looks like an entryway?) after eliminating some of the guards and freeing the guy

Even though I love the game, one thing that disturb me is the fact that I can't let myself use guns.

Marcus and his friends are trying to change the world via hacking and releasing intel to the world and killing people doesn't compute with their goal for me.

In GTAV, we know that the trio are criminals but in WD2, I can't let myself use guns because it doesn't fit so I clear areas with the drone and RC but it feels like I'm missing something.

In WD1, aside from being an asshole, Aiden was a vigilante so it kind of justified the gunplay. Here, I feel guilty running over someone with the car.

It's just weird that I "eliminate" targets by putting them to sleep.
I think there were like three threads and a bunch of discussion on this point, but yeah, it would have been pretty daring to maybe only have the pistol and stun gun, and just greatly expand your hacking and stealth moveset more. Like instead of just distract, you could hack enemy coms and make them attack/move to other locations, or you could drag unconscious enemies to hide them, hack guns to temporally disable them like in Batman, or link systems together like Gunpoint, and so on

And yeah, I replayed the Cyberdriver chase about three times to try not to run over civilians

Freeman76

It was driving me crazy too-- I tried it like 5 times and gave up. Came back a day later and it was much easier (for some reason I was able to trick it into "vanishing" in a hallway on the first floor (looks like an entryway?) after eliminating some of the guards and freeing the guy

I gave up on it for now will return with the research that means you can get rid of police choppers

Akai__

Is the MP of this game still broken, because it's so hard to actually find players to do stuff.

Edit: I actually found some players and did some of the MP achievements. I think I'm only missing the killing 5 targets in Bounty Hunter, but holy shit is that mode a nightmare. Can't even find people and if you do, they will just die to cops either way.

Lijik

I wish the game told you why you were docked stars in Driver SF missions because Im down to three I havent 5 starred (not counting the taxi setup one since thats always a 1 star) and each time I lose a star during the very last chunk of the drive and I cant for the life of me figure out what Im doing wrong. The drone chase one I feel like Im definitely missing something because everytime the drone crashes at the end I instantly lose a star.

Paganmoon

Started this a few days ago, and liking it so far. feels a bit janky trying to play it with full stealth, but still works.
Liking the characters and dialog, as they feel pretty real, and geeky as fuck at times.

Biggest gripe, and this is true for so many games nowdays, they freaking soundmix. It's awfull, I can't get a proper sound mix to work with my reciever or running with headphones, and the game has no option to select different sound levels for music/ambient/dialog. No options to set Stereo or 5.1, it just runs in whatever mode, and it's no good either in Stereo or 5.1.
Why do so few devs spend time fixing their soundmixes, damnit.

b0uncyfr0

I just started and got the lil toy ( not the drone) - but i still cant seem to get into it. I dont mind the characters and all but something just feels off with the way it handles guns. I know i havent even played 5% but does it get significantly better?

Akai__

I just started and got the lil toy ( not the drone) - but i still cant seem to get into it. I dont mind the characters and all but something just feels off with the way it handles guns. I know i havent even played 5% but does it get significantly better?

I didn't use guns in the game, except for Online yesterday, but I imagine it will get better once you do a couple upgrades. There's a whole tech tree dedicated to guns.

Probably not ideal, as there are many other good upgrades.

You probably won't be using the guns that often.. The games gets better and the game is pretty great imo. In fact, i'm going to play it now just to return to the world again.
Finished it months ago.

MJLord

I've not been able to start this game on my PC since I bought it. The splash screen shows and then exits with no error a couple seconds later. I've tried disabling the overlay and everything. Funny thing is, the game doesn't appear to have manifested in my UPlay library, is that normal for Uplay games through steam?

Akai__

Just signed in to try to do the last Bounty Target and I got it immediately. The other person was mad and sent me a rage message. lmao

Can I do the new co-op missions with a friend if he doesn't have the DLC installed?

Edit: I need to read better. It literally says I can in the patch notes. Awesome!

Came back to this last night for the DLC missions, my first time playing since finishing it early in December.

1. I've seen random people steal parked cars a bunch of times, but for the first time in 90 hours I got carjacked. I didn't even know this was a thing in the game. I was just sitting there letting the mission wrap up for a second then:

SCpxoS0.gif

Look at the guy's nonchalant-ass animation too. My body was not ready.

2. Marcus' new emotes are just the right amount of obnoxious, and the new Michael Jackson adlibs to go with the new dance(s?), are A+

3. Just did that Driver SF side mission with the location scout working for Scorsese. I don't know if this was in the vanilla game or they added it post-release, but I love how the game just straight up uses real celeb names and doesn't beat around the bush. Makes the writing and references a lot more down to earth. This mission was especially timely with the announcement of Scorsese/De NIro and Netflix partnering to make The Irishman.

4. Allowing respawns on Bounty Hunts is the best thing. I've already been a part of 2 of the most ridiculous Bounties I've seen since I bought the game in my first session back.

So yeah, I still really, really like Watch_Dogs 2.

Net - did you play the DLC or just the patch changes?

I only played one operation so far, the one about homeless people, which features big new interior, and the new jammer enemy type, which can be a real pain if you don't deal with them properly. It's spilt into 4 parts, I think. Includes mo-capped cutscenes, so it feels like an actual main operation. I'll try to get to the others today.

I only played one operation so far, the one about homeless people, which features big new interior, and the new jammer enemy type, which can be a real pain if you don't deal with them properly. It's spilt into 4 parts, I think. Includes mo-capped cutscenes, so it feels like an actual main operation. I'll try to get to the others today.

Nice. Sounds like a decent effort. Thanks

How do I do bounty hunter with a partner? When I select it in the multiplayer menu it says I have to abort the current session and I have to reinvite my friend to mixed results.

The Nudle DLC mission probably has the most interesting use of the Watch Dogs pipe hacking mechanic so far, tbh. It's a small sequence, but I liked it a lot

How weird? I had the same sentiments. Unfortunately, there were times I became frustrated. Some of the armored enemies wouldn't go night-night. Also, I lost it when
Horatio was murdered.

In WD1, aside from being an asshole, Aiden was a vigilante so it kind of justified the gunplay.

I was ruthless as Aiden Pearce. Nothing but headshots.

Top Bottom