• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 |OT| .HTML

vypek

The final mission is absolute trash so far.

Almost about to throw in the towel with the Wrench section ffs.

It's deceptive but
play wrench as stealth and hack as much as possible. Only towards the end of the mission did I bother with combat.

ramyeon

It's deceptive but
play wrench as stealth and hack as much as possible. Only towards the end of the mission did I bother with combat.
Yeah that actually worked much better - was a walk in the park after that!

Lackluster ending for such a polished game.

I think my favourite mission was
getting revenge on the Tezca's after Horatio was killed. Was the only point in the game I deliberately used lethal weapons. Felt like that mission had way more drive and purpose than most.

Weird that the final mission was so... easy? Especially the final part was just so simple compared to some of the stuff that came before it.

I wanna finish this game but man my interest in it has nosedived hard. I'll boot it up, run around and fool around in the game for a bit, and then close to the dashboard. The missions seem compelling enough but it's probably gonna be a another few months before I muster the wherewithal to see the end credits. :/

vypek

Yeah that actually worked much better - was a walk in the park after that!

Lackluster ending for such a polished game.

I think my favourite mission was
getting revenge on the Tezca's after Horatio was killed. Was the only point in the game I deliberately used lethal weapons. Felt like that mission had way more drive and purpose than most.

Weird that the final mission was so... easy? Especially the final part was just so simple compared to some of the stuff that came before it.

Yeah the ending kind of petered out to me. Not sure why it got so much weaker than the rest of the game. Still liked it overall but it could have definitely ended better

graybot

Was loving the game. Did all the side missions and about half the game and then a load of extras like scoutx and some multi player etc...

But then the rest of the game felt like a real chore. Because I was heading towards a platinum which I got, I kept at it. But it really dragged on for me

The final mission is absolute trash so far.

Almost about to throw in the towel with the Wrench section ffs.

It's actually very easy if you :

-Do a diversion at the front with mines , then enter by the left ( below ) entrance , then quickly use a bomb to kill to power/lights , by the time everything will be over you'll be able to get down on the path below while avoiding the guard(s) , ( if anyone comes , the taser will be more than enough , but you should be able to stay hidden )
Afterwards it's a matter of entering the building and quickly enter the elevator , do not care at this point if there is an alarm , once you've reached the elevator , the guards can't follow you anymore.

The rest is piss easy.

I've done this mission 4 times and i know that the guard behavior is almost set so it's easy to find your path as long as you stick to the objective.

There is a similar easy path on the marcus part where the guard aren't even a problem as long as you've got mass system crash. This mission is so easy on stealth it's like they did it on purpose..since brute force is actually freaking hard

Yep. The
Wrench
part of the final mission pissed me off too. Started off fun, but after 10 attempts or so, it just got annoying.

I liked the game, but it could have been better imo. If they had only kept the gun mechanics from the first (and improved the driving mechanics), then it would have been much better for me.

I get why they wanted you to play differently to #1, but there were times when it couldn't be helped and it would have made some situations fun rather then frustrating.

EDIT: Oh and better AI would have helped too.

This game is really amazing! I haven't played first one and didn't expect much from WD2, but it surprised me. Love most things about it, except karting races.
Should I play WD1 after this?

This game is really amazing! I haven't played first one and didn't expect much from WD2, but it surprised me. Love most things about it, except karting races.
Should I play WD1 after this?
No, never play Watch Dogs 1. It's like going back to Assassin's Creed after playing AC2 but worse.

Also I've only played a dozen hours or so, but I'm running into a fair amount of bugs, like this one where I fell through the ground into the abyss.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/backflip10019/video/25453148

DAHGAMING

Im about half way through this games main story so far, just on the mission Watched. So far im enjoying it, its cheesy but we knew that from day 1. After a few hours I was worried that it was going to become repetitive, It still might as I have a bit to go, but as it stands im liking it. Steering in the cars is a bit dodgy and gunplay is basic but its mainly about the gadgets and hacking. I hateee that Lennie geeza, I wont go into details as I would hate to spoil the excitement of meeting her for the first time but what an annoying character obviously done on purpose. Hopefully the rest of the game will be as enjoyable, im abit worried though as I see others say it goes downhill towards the end.

N° 2048

A new patch dropped im guessing no big changes? Gonna go look em up

Today we’ll be releasing a small patch on PlayStation 4, which will also be available on Xbox One and PC later in the coming days. The purpose of Title Update 1.09 is mainly to prepare the game for some upcoming updates, but also includes several stabilization, performance and bug fixes. Here are two items in this patch you should be aware of:

• YourBoySerge Nerf – This .50 Cal sniper rifle has been the subject of some debate in the community, and is considered to be overpowered in online play. In this patch, we’ve reduced the number of rounds in the magazine from 6 to 1, and we will continue to monitor and balance this beasty rifle.

• World Map/Online Invasion Exploit – Fixed an issue where players could help detect the presence of an invader in their session using an exploit the World Map

^^

This game is excellent. The nudle campus mission is an all time great open world mission
That one bugs me because I stealthed to the objective with the jumper but the checkpoint wouldn't take. I was literally on the very spot of the objective, bouncing around, but nothing would happen.

Explored all over the place and thought the game might be bugged until I finally realized that I had to go to that point in person to trigger a cut-scene, though the game doesn't say that at all.

That's happened too many times for my patience. Its kind of an Ubisoft maxim that whenever I think there's an opportunity to be clever or approach a problem from an interesting direction I find a brick wall purposely laid to counter that effort. WD2 is a mix though, as there have been times I've been able to stealth right past situations that would be forced encounters in other Ubi games.

AlexBasch

I'm not sure I understand how multiplayer works. I'm doing my own missions, then some random gamertag pops up, and now I'm trying to hack a NPC?

Also, I just got a "fucking leave noob" when some guy got into my game. There's a way to turn off all online stuff or is this a Dark Souls kind of thing? I'm not interested on playing the online mode at all. :|

vypek

I'm not sure I understand how multiplayer works. I'm doing my own missions, then some random gamertag pops up, and now I'm trying to hack a NPC?

Also, I just got a "fucking leave noob" when some guy got into my game. There's a way to turn off all online stuff or is this a Dark Souls kind of thing? I'm not interested on playing the online mode at all. :|

I'm pretty sure if you open your phone and go into settings you can change the online settings for the game somewhere in there.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm pretty sure if you open your phone and go into settings you can change the online settings for the game somewhere in there.

Various online options can be disabled. You can do it before you begin playing a session at boot-up from the main menu or you can do it from your phone in-game. You can disable parts of the online experience, or all of it.

Yep, I turned all of that BS off before starting the game because I knew it would be seriously annoying. Sounds like I'm not missing much.

Vuze

I just love the gang mechanics in the game. It's so cool to watch police or other gangs engage with a gang I just steered up while I can run away and watch from the distance lol

j-wood

So i'm debating between getting this on ps4 or on PC. Any recommendations?

My PC is beefy, so should be able to do 1080p 60fps.

On the flip side I have a 4k TV and a ps4 pro.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So i'm debating between getting this on ps4 or on PC. Any recommendations?

My PC is beefy, so should be able to do 1080p 60fps.

On the flip side I have a 4k TV and a ps4 pro.

Get it on PC and plug it in and play at 4K with a controller if no other option.

Even if you don't do that, it looks absolutely fantastic at 1080p or even 1440p.

But depends on your preference really.

Amagon

Has anyone tried playing this with the steam controller?
I'm playing through one with the Xbox one controller currently. Tried doing keyboard and mouse but I always have a hard time navigating driving.

Muffdraul

I just love the gang mechanics in the game. It's so cool to watch police or other gangs engage with a gang I just steered up while I can run away and watch from the distance lol

I like to get right in their crossfire and use the emote moves. Alternate between "cheer" and "calm down." Occasionally "insult."

Jim

I have to say, trying to get that annoying "Hold My Hair" trophy really highlighted the great NPC interactions in the game. With Marcus and other NPCs. Two homeless dudes randomly bumping into each other than fighting over a beer bottle was definitely one of the highlights. Then someone in a truck decided to take one of them out with a firearm a few minutes later.

lionpants

I'm playing on a PS4 Pro on a LG OLED TV. I set the brightness level to 35 because that's the level right before the test image disappears.

This makes the game look great, but very dark during the night. What do you guys have brightness set to? Default of 50 looks washed out to me.

I'm playing on a PS4 Pro on a LG OLED TV. I set the brightness level to 35 because that's the level right before the test image disappears.

This makes the game look great, but very dark during the night. What do you guys have brightness set to? Default of 50 looks washed out to me.
I did 30 for awhile but went back to default 50. It looks a bit washed out but the world just wasn't bright enough at 30, also crushed blacks were terrible.

thenexus6

I got the game today, I thought the first game was pretty great but was just waiting for the price to drop.

Some quick thoughts after two hours (PS4)

- Game looks and runs nicely
- Controls are very different from the first game. I am constantly pressing the wrong buttons
- The edgy, meme, "cool" character thing isn't working for me, although I knew going into the game it wouldn't
- Fast travel to anywhere is 10/10

I hate to say it, but this game isn't holding my interest. I loved Watch Dogs, but am finding the sequel pretty 'meh'.

I actually don't really care for the tone of the missions. Light hearted is nice, but I don't give a shit about anything that is happening. It just feels so inconsequential.

The shooting doesn't feel as good. The pace feels slower which isn't inherently bad, but I'm not enjoying it here.

I also miss a lot of the side content and activities. There were a lot of great ones in Watch Dogs that aren't here.

The novelty of some of the hacking has also worn off.

The look of the world is great. Graphics are gorgeous and the environments are meticulously crafted and detailed.

Overall though...the game is just OK IMO. Lots of other games that came out in the Fall are stealing my attention.

vpance

Finally decided to finish the last mission. Glad it wasn't some long and drawn out battle.

Not sure exactly how long I played, but the game felt short? Wish there were a few more main missions like the Nudle one, which was a standout.

Overall the story missions were good, though they became fairly easy after getting most of the upgrades.

Something else they should take from GTA is deeper incorporation of the storyline, NPCs and cutscenes into the actual missions. Most of the time you're just heading to a location to do the usual stealth and CPU hack, without using much of the open world. As shitty as GTA's missions were, they felt more varied because of that. The Nudle mission was good attempt at this.

Maybe they can expand things for WD3, like adding multiple playable characters, but it seems this one semi flopped so I doubt any 3rd game would be any bigger or fleshed out, which is a shame.

I hate to say it, but this game isn't holding my interest. I loved Watch Dogs, but am finding the sequel pretty 'meh'.

I actually don't really care for the tone of the missions. Light hearted is nice, but I don't give a shit about anything that is happening. It just feels so inconsequential.

The shooting doesn't feel as good. The pace feels slower which isn't inherently bad, but I'm not enjoying it here.

I also miss a lot of the side content and activities. There were a lot of great ones in Watch Dogs that aren't here.

The novelty of some of the hacking has also worn off.

The look of the world is great. Graphics are gorgeous and the environments are meticulously crafted and detailed.

Overall though...the game is just OK IMO. Lots of other games that came out in the Fall are stealing my attention.

Yeah I got this game this weekend and have dumped probably 5 hours or so into it and Im feeling the same.

The world looks great, theres a lot of stuff in here and it seems like there is a lot of work put into everything but Im having a really hard time getting invested. Everything just sorta feels kinda....cold, for lack of a better term. Its something Ive noticed with a lot of Ubi games is that they dont feel like anybodies passion project. Its the inevitable sequel that addressed the criticisms that WD1 was overly serious, but its kinda paint by numbers.

Mechanically the game feels pretty solid, driving is kinda wonky and shooting is definitely worse than WD1 but everything else seems pretty serviceable.

atr0cious

This is my first watch dogs game, so i was expecting a boring gta clone. I watched a lot of streams while waiting for the price to drop, so I'm currently playing the entire game with only the phone for my first playthrough and it's pretty fun, if a bit hard. Using the cameras to complete tasks felt really cool though, and i just unlocked the quad copter and just learning to think with that in mind is fun.

Whoever said this is another splinter cell, i completely agree, as I use the same navigational knowledge from blacklist and found the "ghost" path, with usually less guards but more tech obstacles in the few missions I've played. Really excited to see how it continues.
Has anyone tried playing this with the steam controller?
I'm playing through one with the Xbox one controller currently. Tried doing keyboard and mouse but I always have a hard time navigating driving.
I just uploaded a steam controller config if you name your shortcut Watch_Dogs2. It uses touchpad, and yes the driving sucks, even with the camera return sensitivity turned up. Driving is probably the worst part of the game so far, mainly due to the kbm controls.

lionpants

Just finished the main storyline. What an anti climatic ending.
CTO of Blume is simply arrested, yay! I was genuinely shocked that the dreadlocks dude didn't stab you in the back. They built it up so much that he was up to something. Last mission was just so boring, specially coming from the Hack Teh World and the Spider Tank mission.

Game was fun, but I probably wont stick around to finish all the side quest stuff. The main gameplay is decent but pretty repetitive. There should've been more ways to "hack" rather than the circuit connection mini-game. And putting your RC vehicles through vents gets pretty old.

All the little details in the world are fantastic, NPC voice work seems infinite.

The online interactions are pretty great. Can be some intense moments with Invasions. Hilarious watching the target run past your Blune van parked on the side of the road multiple times while you hack them.

Cutscenes and facial animation were really on point. Coming from playing FF15 for a bit, the difference was pretty stark.

Controls on PS4 are whacked. Who thought it was a good idea to hold UP to switch weapons? My hand has to do some crazy shit to do this while running. It's a sign the controls are messed up when even after 15-20 hours of playing, I am still pressing wrong buttons and not confident that my commands will go off properly.

Can I play without killing anyone, this is kind of a turn off for me in this game really, I just want to use stun and melee, just started this up.

vypek

Can I play without killing anyone, this is kind of a turn off for me in this game really, I just want to use stun and melee, just started this up.

Yes. Like you'd expect it makes things tougher but it is possible to play the game without killing people.

Yes. This is the better way to play this game IMO.

You might need a weapon or 2 if you enable invasion from other players.

semiconscious

Gold Member
so - have any of the updates toned-down the hyper-aggressive enemy ai? because that continues to be something preventing me from getting the game...

so - have any of the updates toned-down the hyper-aggressive enemy ai? because that continues to be something preventing me from getting the game...

Hyper aggressive AI? Care to elaborate? Ive got a good chunk of hours into it and the AI seems about on par for most open world.

The most aggressive seems to be the cops when you are being chased, they can be a pain to ditch but not impossible.

arimanius

My online issue with the AI was getting rid of the cops and stealth missions where I get detected it basically turns into a blood bath.

semiconscious

Gold Member
Hyper aggressive AI? Care to elaborate? Ive got a good chunk of hours into it and the AI seems about on par for most open world.

The most aggressive seems to be the cops when you are being chased, they can be a pain to ditch but not impossible.

i've read about the cops, but also about everyone in an area becoming instantly aware of exactly where you are when even momentarily noticed by a single guard?...

i've read about the cops, but also about everyone in an area becoming instantly aware of exactly where you are when even momentarily noticed by a single guard?...

Yeah thats kinda true, but enemies are pretty easy to get rid of and you do get a bit of a window to escape line of sight before you are actually "spotted". The issue with the cops is that you cant outrun them, you have to hide. I think people are used to GTA where you can just run.

Once you break line of sight, you can park the car somewhere and use the circle button to "hide" in the car. The AI can be slightly annoying but its honestly not that bad so far IMO.

Top Bottom